+- +-
Say hello if visiting :) by Gecko
11 Jan 2023, 07:43:05 pm

Seti is down again by Mike
09 Aug 2017, 10:02:44 am

Some considerations regarding OpenCL MultiBeam app tuning from algorithm view by Raistmer
11 Dec 2016, 06:30:56 am

Loading APU to the limit: performance considerations by Mike
05 Nov 2016, 06:49:26 am

Better sleep on Windows - new round by Raistmer
26 Aug 2016, 02:02:31 pm

Author Topic: Colour schemes  (Read 25514 times)

Offline Richard Haselgrove

• Messenger Pigeon
  • Knight who says 'Ni!'
Colour schemes
« on: 05 Mar 2009, 12:19:34 pm »
OK, what's with the fancy colour scheme? Just because the 'special people' have gone blue in the background at SETI, doesn't mean we have to follow everything Berkeley does here..... ;D

Offline Jason G

• Construction Fraggle
  • Knight who says 'Ni!'
Re: Colour schemes
« Reply #1 on: 05 Mar 2009, 12:53:21 pm »
OK, what's with the fancy colour scheme? Just because the 'special people' have gone blue in the background at SETI, doesn't mean we have to follow everything Berkeley does here..... ;D

David says you are now Blue, so you can like it.

Offline Richard Haselgrove

• Messenger Pigeon
  • Knight who says 'Ni!'
« Reply #2 on: 05 Mar 2009, 01:02:00 pm »

As it happens, yes I do quite like it, along with the promotion to Alpha status - better than that boring grey the Betas got. Only problem is, in the UK Blue is associated with a certain political party whose attitudes I profoundly disagree with - but let's not go into that here.

Gecko_R7

« Reply #3 on: 05 Mar 2009, 01:05:39 pm »

Lol!  Didn't even pay attention to Berkeley changes on forum.  Oh, yes..."lovely".  Much more important that a properly working BOINC client it seems  ::).  However, on this one, the board background in box es on front page is "blue" w/ most script in orange or colors close to it.
Just trying to break-up the monotony a bit for easier visibility, especially on the list of members online/last 24 hours which is getting longer ;).
Unfortunately, nothing more exciting than that.

Gecko_R7

« Reply #4 on: 05 Mar 2009, 01:37:37 pm »

As it happens, yes I do quite like it, along with the promotion to Alpha status - better than that boring grey the Betas got. Only problem is, in the UK Blue is associated with a certain political party whose attitudes I profoundly disagree with - but let's not go into that here.

You guys are a piece of work  :P.

I prefer dark blue too.....but it bleeds into background & ya can't read it on here very well.  ;)

Re: Alpha.... Just like the real business world....same job, same pay....different title on business card  :P
In all seriousness (which I seem to be lacking today  :D)....a better definition of the type of testing performed.
« Last Edit: 05 Mar 2009, 09:11:46 pm by Gecko_R7 »

Offline Raistmer

• Working Code Wizard
  • Volunteer Developer
  • Knight who says 'Ni!'
« Reply #5 on: 05 Mar 2009, 01:49:56 pm »
It seems I missed smth. What was bad in golden colour for pre-release testers? And mods coour became slightly acid... We fall victims of acid music style lovers? ;D

Offline Jason G

• Construction Fraggle
  • Knight who says 'Ni!'
« Reply #6 on: 05 Mar 2009, 01:54:42 pm »
It seems I missed smth. What was bad in golden colour for pre-release testers? And mods coour became slightly acid... We fall victims of acid music style lovers? ;D

If you squint your eyes while looking at the 'Online User's' Box, it looks kindof like a box of 'smarites' .... mmmm 'smarties'

[attachment deleted by admin]
« Last Edit: 05 Mar 2009, 01:59:18 pm by Jason G »

Offline Raistmer

• Working Code Wizard
  • Volunteer Developer
  • Knight who says 'Ni!'
« Reply #7 on: 05 Mar 2009, 02:01:02 pm »
 ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Ageless

« Reply #8 on: 05 Mar 2009, 02:02:23 pm »
I'm sure I was Purple earlier. What was so wrong with that?

Gecko_R7

« Reply #9 on: 05 Mar 2009, 02:03:00 pm »

If you squint your eyes while looking at the 'Online User's' Box, it looks kindof like a box of 'smarites' .... mmmm 'smarties'

Nice  :P  There's always "Pink" that would convey a certain universal love & acceptance ala "rama, rama, ding, ding".
I heard it's considered a rather masculine color in Europe?  LMAO  :D  :D  :D

Pre-release(Alpha) wasn't gold, but a dull grey...such an injustice as it wasn't at all like the colorful folks they really are.  ;D
« Last Edit: 05 Mar 2009, 02:07:31 pm by Gecko_R7 »

Gecko_R7

« Reply #10 on: 05 Mar 2009, 02:06:38 pm »
I'm sure I was Purple earlier. What was so wrong with that?

Purple is pretty cool, I Like that one too...but it does blend into dark background somewhat.  If I change to a lighter shade though...it glows like neon, YUCK!

Offline Crunch3r

• Knight who says 'Ni!'
    • 64 bit boinc clients
« Reply #11 on: 05 Mar 2009, 02:06:56 pm »
OMG !! What happened here ?  :o

Ah... i'm  still green ... that's the only thing that counts  :P
I want to share something with you: The three little sentences that will get you through life. Number 1: Cover for me. Number 2: Oh, good idea, Boss! Number 3: It was like that when I got here.

Homer Simpson

Gecko_R7

« Reply #12 on: 05 Mar 2009, 02:08:54 pm »

Dude...that was rule #1 when I looked at color choices.  "Whatever else...DO NOT change or screw with Green."  :D

Offline Crunch3r

• Knight who says 'Ni!'
    • 64 bit boinc clients
« Reply #13 on: 05 Mar 2009, 02:16:07 pm »

Dude...that was rule #1 when I looked at color choices.  "Whatever else...DO NOT change or screw with Green."  :D

;D yeah ... don't mess with the green guy  :P

Soooo... the volunteer testers are blue now...

WAIT !!! I know now where that color scheme is coming from !

blue - yellow - red

:P
« Last Edit: 05 Mar 2009, 02:18:57 pm by Crunch3r »
I want to share something with you: The three little sentences that will get you through life. Number 1: Cover for me. Number 2: Oh, good idea, Boss! Number 3: It was like that when I got here.

Homer Simpson

Offline Jason G

• Construction Fraggle
  • Knight who says 'Ni!'
« Reply #14 on: 05 Mar 2009, 02:39:28 pm »
Don't forget the GreenGuy though. And for goodness sake! put on some pants will you ?

[attachment deleted by admin]

Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.

Forgot your password?
Members
Total Members: 97
Latest: ToeBee
New This Month: 0
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 59559