+- +-
Say hello if visiting :) by Gecko
11 Jan 2023, 07:43:05 pm

Seti is down again by Mike
09 Aug 2017, 10:02:44 am

Some considerations regarding OpenCL MultiBeam app tuning from algorithm view by Raistmer
11 Dec 2016, 06:30:56 am

Loading APU to the limit: performance considerations by Mike
05 Nov 2016, 06:49:26 am

Better sleep on Windows - new round by Raistmer
26 Aug 2016, 02:02:31 pm

Author Topic: Can someone confirm this?  (Read 17384 times)

Offline Fredericx51

• Knight o' The Round Table
  • Knight Who Says Ni N!
Re: Can someone confirm this?
« Reply #15 on: 15 Jun 2010, 03:26:00 pm »
Sorry, I've posted a Out Off Topic   ::)

My WIN XP64 CUDA (2x GTS250) host received only a few, probably Einstein was ahead, LTD, IMO.
And my ATI host received lots of CUDA compute capable MB WU's, which are now done by Q6600 CPU.
But the host did receive ~40, maybe some more, AP WU's, which is absolutely fabulous, for testing and
processing these
, cause SETI MB (Optimized SSSE3), Docking, MW and Leiden, are running together.
Collatz C. is still on n.n.tasks.
Will do a test, offline, with a few AP & CC  WU's.

AP WU's are running OK, taking 2.5 - 5.5 hours runtime.
« Last Edit: 15 Jun 2010, 04:45:56 pm by Fredericx51 »

Offline sunu

• Alpha Tester
  • Knight who says 'Ni!'
« Reply #16 on: 15 Jun 2010, 04:40:05 pm »
I'm not seeing this. Since this saga began, my pc downloads 100 or so workunits every day and then stops with quota reached.

That's interesting. What version, exactly, is it downloading for? (stock/anon, OS, platform, bits - anything you can thnk of).

I see this on my linux machine with AKv8 and crunc3r's cuda app. Of course fully anon platform. And I think I see this also on my other winxp machine with gtx470 running jason's x19, again fully anon platform. And I get, in both of them, the stupid message about non usable app_info.xml.

Another strange thing is that the message says about a quota of 100 tasks while on Berkeley's pages the linux machine says a quota of 64/day and the winxp machine 97/day.
« Last Edit: 15 Jun 2010, 04:44:32 pm by sunu »

Offline Richard Haselgrove

• Messenger Pigeon
  • Knight who says 'Ni!'
« Reply #17 on: 15 Jun 2010, 05:18:47 pm »
I see this on my linux machine with AKv8 and crunc3r's cuda app. Of course fully anon platform. And I think I see this also on my other winxp machine with gtx470 running jason's x19, again fully anon platform. And I get, in both of them, the stupid message about non usable app_info.xml.

I've got no point of comparison for the Linux platform. But the WinXP, if confirmed, would contradict my observation, and hence destroy the hypothesis. Could you possibly confirm when you first reached the '100 quota' message?

Another strange thing is that the message says about a quota of 100 tasks while on Berkeley's pages the linux machine says a quota of 64/day and the winxp machine 97/day.

This one, at least, is easy. Beta also showed the obsolete version of the quota until I complained to DA, and he (very quickly) knocked up the replacement 'Application Info' pages for Beta. They just haven't migrated across to the main project yet - unless they appear after the outage.

Offline sunu

• Alpha Tester
  • Knight who says 'Ni!'
« Reply #18 on: 15 Jun 2010, 05:23:07 pm »
I've got no point of comparison for the Linux platform. But the WinXP, if confirmed, would contradict my observation, and hence destroy the hypothesis. Could you possibly confirm when you first reached the '100 quota' message?

I don't remember exactly, I guess the first day the crappy server code was on? A gtx 470 burns more than 100 workunits a day.

Offline sunu

• Alpha Tester
  • Knight who says 'Ni!'
« Reply #19 on: 15 Jun 2010, 05:38:25 pm »
This picture is from today. It got 100 tasks and then the usual, by now, reached 100 tasks quota message.

• Messenger Pigeon
  • Knight who says 'Ni!'
« Reply #20 on: 15 Jun 2010, 05:58:33 pm »
This picture is from today. It got 100 tasks and then the usual, by now, reached 100 tasks quota message.

What's more interesting is that it got the '100 tasks quota' message at 09:58:57, and then got new tasks at 10:00:27.

What's your time-zone - what's that in UTC?

Offline sunu

• Alpha Tester
  • Knight who says 'Ni!'
« Reply #21 on: 15 Jun 2010, 06:06:34 pm »
It's UTC+3 You'll also see that before 10:00 it says quota of 85 tasks. The picture doesn't show it but after the downloads the quota went back to 100.

Offline Claggy

• Alpha Tester
  • Knight who says 'Ni!'
    • My computers at Seti Beta
« Reply #22 on: 15 Jun 2010, 06:38:15 pm »
Looks like there's been further changes: Changeset 21753

Timestamp: 06/15/10 15:21:57 (less than one hour ago)
Author: davea
Message: - scheduler: restore scaling of daily quota by # processors

and/or config.gpu_multiplier

- client: msg tweak

Claggy

• Messenger Pigeon
  • Knight who says 'Ni!'
« Reply #23 on: 15 Jun 2010, 07:02:58 pm »
Ah - "[version] [AV#%d] daily quota exceeded\n", av.id

That'll be useful.

Offline Josef W. Segur

• Janitor o' the Board
  • Knight who says 'Ni!'
« Reply #24 on: 15 Jun 2010, 09:09:37 pm »
Ah - "[version] [AV#%d] daily quota exceeded\n", av.id

That'll be useful.

Not to us, that's the server log and unchanged in that regard. The change should avoid the "reached max..." message in most cases, but it'll be the unscaled max_jobs_per_day when shown.
                                                                           Joe

Offline Fredericx51

• Knight o' The Round Table
  • Knight Who Says Ni N!
« Reply #25 on: 16 Jun 2010, 06:57:18 am »
Not to us, that's the server log and unchanged in that regard. The change should avoid the "reached max..." message in most cases, but it'll be the unscaled max_jobs_per_day when shown.
                                                                           Joe

When taking GPU's into Quota-##, is an average taken, since the big differences between 'older' and 'latest' or FERMI GPU's capabilities and Compute Power. (ATI-GPU's, too ofcoarse)

Or by the (G)FLOPS ##, estimated by BOINC (6.10..56)?
« Last Edit: 16 Jun 2010, 07:22:29 am by Fredericx51 »

Offline Josef W. Segur

• Janitor o' the Board
  • Knight who says 'Ni!'
« Reply #26 on: 16 Jun 2010, 01:13:52 pm »
When taking GPU's into Quota-##, is an average taken, since the big differences between 'older' and 'latest' or FERMI GPU's capabilities and Compute Power. (ATI-GPU's, too ofcoarse)

Or by the (G)FLOPS ##, estimated by BOINC (6.10..56)?

Quota is meant to protect the project from a host which has gone bad, and is the same no matter what the speed of the crunching resource. The slowest CPUs with about 40 Whetstone MIPS have the same 100 basic quota as the fastest. Same goes for GPUs, with the change yesterday they should be back to all having a basic quota of 500. Even the slowest GPUs can trash that many very quickly if they go bad.

The project's config.xml specifies the 100 basic quota and the 5 multiplier for GPUs. They don't want hosts to run out of work if the host is producing good results, if necessary they may increase those settings. But they won't set them so high that the protection is ineffective.
                                                                                       Joe

Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.

Forgot your password?
Members
Total Members: 97
Latest: ToeBee
New This Month: 0
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 59559
Total Topics: 1672