Forum > GPU crunching

Latest drivers (NVidia and ATI)

<< < (86/167) > >>

Jason G:
OK, you must have just found some other weird configuration that Boinc driver version detection (cosmetic) fails under.  Just checking  :)

Richard Haselgrove:
Out of curiosity, how many entries are there in the 'display adapters' section of device manager - and what else is listed, apart from your 8600 GTS? (i'm thinking motherboard video here).

Mike:

--- Quote from: corsair on 20 Aug 2011, 07:01:54 am ---is there any improvement with last ATI 11.8??

--- End quote ---

Have tried 11.8. SDK 2.5 yesterday.

CPU times was nearly the same as GPU time on my host.
Since i see same behaviour on new nvidia drivers (OpenCL) i get the impression its by design.

benool:

--- Quote from: Richard Haselgrove on 21 Aug 2011, 06:15:04 am ---Out of curiosity, how many entries are there in the 'display adapters' section of device manager - and what else is listed, apart from your 8600 GTS? (i'm thinking motherboard video here).

--- End quote ---
It is a mixed host having an ATI 4550 (soon to be replaced by a 6670) along with the 8600 GTS.

For this BOINC client AMD card is disabled by use of cc_config.xml  (I run a boinc deamon for each Nvidia/AMD/CPU)

Richard Haselgrove:

--- Quote from: Jason G on 21 Aug 2011, 05:31:59 am ---OK, you must have just found some other weird configuration that Boinc driver version detection (cosmetic) fails under.  Just checking  :)

--- End quote ---

Yup, I reckon that qualifies as 'one David didn't think of'  ::)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version