Forum > GPU crunching

Latest drivers (NVidia and ATI)

<< < (85/167) > >>

Jason G:

--- Quote from: benool on 19 Aug 2011, 01:54:18 pm ---... NVIDIA GPU 0: GeForce 8600 GTS (driver version unknown, CUDA version 4000, compute capability 1.1, 240MB, 96 GFLOPS peak)
--- End quote ---

is that an Optimus notebook/platform ? I've provided a fix for this to Berkeley via messenger pigeon.  It's cosmetic only really, but very annoying. That should be fixed in some future Boinc (It's not a driver problem).

Jason

efmer (fred):

--- Quote from: Richard Haselgrove on 18 Aug 2011, 10:38:04 am ---Fred, you're getting me really confused here.

Me too  ;D.

I tried 280.26 on 2 computers and had to back to 275.33. 275.33 works just fine.
But this is a driver pack and drivers are probably specific to certain cards.

--- End quote ---

corsair:
is there any improvement with last ATI 11.8??

TouchuvGrey:
Hello Fred:

i notice that you are only linking to Throttle and BoincTasks.
Do you no longer support/reccomend your rescheduler ?

i recall recently seeing some discussion of whether it was neccessary or
desireable any longer with some of the recent changes in TaskManager.

Not looking to open a can of worms here but i would like to hear what you have
to say and what settings you would suggest. intel corei7 920 CPU, 12 gigs tri channel DDR3.
GTS 250 and GTX460 GPU's

benool:

--- Quote from: Jason G on 19 Aug 2011, 02:17:49 pm ---
--- Quote from: benool on 19 Aug 2011, 01:54:18 pm ---... NVIDIA GPU 0: GeForce 8600 GTS (driver version unknown, CUDA version 4000, compute capability 1.1, 240MB, 96 GFLOPS peak)
--- End quote ---

is that an Optimus notebook/platform ? I've provided a fix for this to Berkeley via messenger pigeon.  It's cosmetic only really, but very annoying. That should be fixed in some future Boinc (It's not a driver problem).

Jason

--- End quote ---
No it is a desktop PC. I'm still running Boinc client version 6.10.60 if it matters.

So far it is running fine. It seems to be slightly faster too although for some task it ends in < 30s (using X38g)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version