Forum > GPU crunching

Latest drivers (NVidia and ATI)

<< < (87/167) > >>

Jason G:

--- Quote from: Richard Haselgrove on 21 Aug 2011, 07:16:19 pm ---Yup, I reckon that qualifies as 'one David didn't think of'  ::)
--- End quote ---

LoL, to be fair (this time), the particular nvApi call definition in question does loosley imply iterating through active displays is needed.  Too bad if you interpret it that way that it will miss systems with no active display attached to an nVidia GPU, such as idling Optimus & crunching only cards like Tesla with no display driven by an nVidia GPU.

efmer (fred):

--- Quote from: TouchuvGrey on 20 Aug 2011, 03:45:00 pm ---i notice that you are only linking to Throttle and BoincTasks.
Do you no longer support/reccomend your rescheduler ?

--- End quote ---
A bit off topic.
Not super active, as the need for a rescheduler is low. But I released an updated V 2.6 no too long ago.
http://www.efmer.eu/forum_tt/index.php?topic=428.0

Pepi:
"driver version unknown, CUDA version 4000,"
I get this "error" all the time, and it is Boinc related.
When I got it: under windows 7 I use GPU on motherboard for monitor, and Nvidia 560 TI for crunching. So nothing is connected to Nvidia, and then I get tis message. If I disable on-board GPU, and user Nvidia for picture and crunching, then all is ok, driver version is known...

benool:
Yup so that is exactly the same as me with a 8600 with no display attached.

The "no display attached" seems to be the key to driver version detecion failing

Richard Haselgrove:
I think we ought to ask Jason if he can supply you with either a modified copy of BOINC, or the test probe we used to track down the problem originally, to confirm that they fix the issues for both benool amd Pepi - David Anderson has accepted the patch for 'Optimus' laptop chipsets for the next version of BOINC, but I'd like to know whether it'll work for you too as well, or whether there is still something else which needs tracking down.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version