Forum > GPU crunching

Latest drivers (NVidia and ATI)

<< < (30/167) > >>

hellsheep:
I've been using the 257.21 drivers since release day. Upgraded from 197.something i haven't noticed any major performance increases, maybe by a few seconds here and there. The one thing i do like is the multi-gpu support without any dummy plugs and things like that. At least they finally got that part right. :)

IrishFBall32:
Downloading 257.21 now... wonder what the chances are that this will allow service-mode installs on Win7/Vista, seeing as how they must have decoupled CUDA from the user mode drivers... (or I suppose maybe not)

efmer (fred):

--- Quote from: IrishFBall32 on 06 Jul 2010, 09:36:55 am ---Downloading 257.21 now... wonder what the chances are that this will allow service-mode installs on Win7/Vista, seeing as how they must have decoupled CUDA from the user mode drivers... (or I suppose maybe not)

--- End quote ---
Not very likely.

chelski:
Have anyone been able to run the CUDA version on a Nvidia Quadro NVS 3100m with 256M memory?

Been trying to run the optimised app (via the Unified Installer) and both Cuda 2.3 and 2.2 versions tend to error out before completion.  Machine is a Lenovo Thinkpad T410, using driver 257.21 and OS is Windows 7 - I have switched it to classic mode in order to reduce video memory consumption (now round about 43M)

If anyone have any insights please let me know.

Gizbar:

--- Quote from: chelski on 10 Jul 2010, 11:41:12 am ---Have anyone been able to run the CUDA version on a Nvidia Quadro NVS 3100m with 256M memory?

Been trying to run the optimised app (via the Unified Installer) and both Cuda 2.3 and 2.2 versions tend to error out before completion.  Machine is a Lenovo Thinkpad T410, using driver 257.21 and OS is Windows 7 - I have switched it to classic mode in order to reduce video memory consumption (now round about 43M)

If anyone have any insights please let me know.

--- End quote ---

I think you'll have problems. The only time I got a 256Mb GFX card to work was on Windows XP 32. It was also running at 1280x1024 as the screen I had was only a 17" CRT at the time. The screen modes for Vista and Win 7 seem to require more memory, and not leave enough for the app to use...

Giz.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version