Forum > GPU crunching

Latest drivers (NVidia and ATI)

<< < (29/167) > >>

Ghost0210:

--- Quote from: glennaxl on 15 Jun 2010, 11:49:59 am ---Nvidia 257.21 drivers released today.

I havn't done any any benchmarks yet but for multiple gpu users (vista/7), you don't need to extend your desktop (using dummy plugs or real monitors). ALL cuda gpus will be detected.

--- End quote ---
Well blow me......seems like nVidia have finally got their act sorted with these drivers
no problems installing over the top of the 257.15 beta drivers AND I can remove some of the cables plugged into my rig as I don't have to use a KVM to get both my nv cards working

Jason G:
Trying out 258.19 now (Developer Driver)... Seems Good, time will tell.

Vyper:

--- Quote from: Jason G on 15 Jun 2010, 02:33:10 pm ---Trying out 258.19 now (Developer Driver)... Seems Good, time will tell.

--- End quote ---

Trying too ;)

Jason G:

--- Quote from: Vyper on 15 Jun 2010, 03:54:31 pm ---Trying too ;)
--- End quote ---
See what you reckon.  'Feels' good, but slower Cuda (by quite a bit) I reckon.

Vyper:
Well that's an old trick, how do you make your new generation faster when you can't? , You gradualy makes the older hardware slower by a tiny bit per driver version.. That's how you make people think that newer is so much better than the older..

Too bad that the car industry hasn't got to that point, but you might think what they could incorporate in the future too when the car is in for a service when a regular modern car has firmware upgrades as hell nowadays too :)

2 cents.

Kind regards Vyper

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version