Forum > Linux

Linux app for Core 2 Duo's?

<< < (2/3) > >>

Simon:
Hi Clownius,

did you take a look at the Linux Compilation How-To before you started out?

It has a workaround for some common installation problems for ICC and IPP (using alien to install RPMs...appropriate name, innit?).

HTH,
Simon.

ajs:

--- Quote from: clownius on 15 Dec 2006, 03:13:43 am ---If someones installed it before or solved a problem with it id love to know
--- End quote ---
I managed to install it ok on Fedora Core 6 but as I mentioned above, I'm missing the static ippsmerged libs so can't get it to compile any seti at the moment  ???

Simon:
Hi,

I'd advise you to manually unpack the RPMs and "maybe ;)" you will be able to find what you need? I can't be more specific, as it's probably not all that legal to do so. Caveat emptor, and all that :)

Alternatively, the best way would be to use the link from the Linux How-To that points at the non-commercial, free for personal use licenses. Those are slightly older versions, but they're 100% free and include all redistributables (i.e. headers and libraries).

HTH,
Simon.

clownius:
Ok this is the error im getting atm

--- Code: ---clownius@rawpower:~/intel/l_cc_c_9.1.042$ ./install.sh

Software packages installed as RPMs are available system-wide.
We recommend that you install the software using RPM.
This requires use of root privileges on your system.
To continue, we suggest you login as root or
use an account that can sudo root commands
How would you prefer to proceed? (root/sudo/ignore) [ignore]: sudo
Please provide a login that has sudo access to root privileges: clownius
Password:
Password:
[: 136: ==: unexpected operator
/home/clownius/intel/l_cc_c_9.1.042/./install.sh: 141: pushd: not found
/home/clownius/intel/l_cc_c_9.1.042/./install.sh: 152: ./secore: not found
/home/clownius/intel/l_cc_c_9.1.042/./install.sh: 159: popd: not found

--- End code ---

I appear to be missing something any hints as to what and where i would find it?  This is on Kubuntu edgy 6.10.

Thanks for any further assistance :)

Oh last thought do i need to go through the folders i unpacked and install all the rpms manually? I know how to use alien but didnt see anything say i should delve into the new folder. I guessed the install script did it for me

Clownius

ajs:
Hi
pushd and popd are bash builtin commands, install.sh is a bash script so it should've worked.
Only thing I can think is that Kubuntu has bash somewhere other than /bin or your user isn't running bash correctly.
You could try bash ./install.sh to force it to use bash
And, I logged in as root to run the install rather than use sudo, maybe thats got something to do with it.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version