Forum > Linux

Linux app for Core 2 Duo's?

(1/3) > >>

clownius:
Im currently running the optimised app for p4's.  Is anyone working on a Linux app for Core 2's? 
I may give it a try myself later but atm im not shure i could get it working on my computer cause its a bit of a mess due to a lot of drama with my 965 chipset and getting Linux working on it lol.
Scratch that ill give it a go when i have some time to mess around.....say the weekend.  Thats if no1 else has compiled one by then. 
If i do any hints on what i should use? SSE3 or is there something higher now? Also should i send the compiled version to someone so it can be included on this site?

clownius:
Nope compiling wont work on my current install due to my messed up install.  Having dependency issues with the fact some of my stuff is from Kubuntu Edgy and the rest is from Kubuntu Dapper (which i run it on due to problems with Edgy).  Ill try and work out a fix on the weekend.

clownius:
Ok i fixed my Linux install and im downloading the intel tools.
Any hints on what specific tags i should use to make a compile compatabile for Core 2 Duo's.  ill be compiling on a Core 2 Duo so i can do it im shure id just like a little hint or two on what differs between a core 2 and a p4 for making one.
My other question involves which source tarball to use. Is the 2.0 available for linux or should i work off version 1?

ajs:
I've been having a go at this (I don't expect to get very far but thought I'd have a go)
1st problem I've found is that static libraries aren't included in the Intel eval version, so I'm getting lots of errors for any ippsmerge* libs or have I missed something and they are available??
Next thing is I don't understand what to do in seti_boinc_michael (the 1.41 core 2 source), there's no compile-seti-sse* files like in the v2 tarball and like clownius I've no idea what flags to try.

clownius:
Works over for a week so im having a hack at it now i will report how i go.

Edit: No such luck i cant get the Intel compiler to install.  Any experts out there?  Actually anyone out there at all its awfully quiet in here.  If someones installed it before or solved a problem with it id love to know,  but running it again to post the errors seems like a waste when nobody hears my screams as it were seems like a waste of CPU cycles that could be crunching seti lol.

If anyones willing to try and help out please post and ill post the errors.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version