+- +-
Say hello if visiting :) by Gecko
11 Jan 2023, 07:43:05 pm

Seti is down again by Mike
09 Aug 2017, 10:02:44 am

Some considerations regarding OpenCL MultiBeam app tuning from algorithm view by Raistmer
11 Dec 2016, 06:30:56 am

Loading APU to the limit: performance considerations by Mike
05 Nov 2016, 06:49:26 am

Better sleep on Windows - new round by Raistmer
26 Aug 2016, 02:02:31 pm

Author Topic: AstroPulse for ATI GPUs released  (Read 80568 times)

Offline Jason G

• Construction Fraggle
  • Knight who says 'Ni!'
Re: AstroPulse for ATI GPUs released
« Reply #90 on: 12 Oct 2010, 04:14:56 am »
huh i learned russian language on the basic school but it was 20 yeas ago ....  :o

Last time I looked, IIRC, if the russians are coming for Adelaide we should erect hedgehogs on the beach, shoot all the Kangaroos & move to Melbourne  :o

Offline SubSpace

• Alpha Tester
  • Knight o' The Realm
« Reply #91 on: 12 Oct 2010, 03:05:37 pm »
Last time I looked, IIRC, if the russians are coming for Adelaide we should erect hedgehogs on the beach, shoot all the Kangaroos & move to Melbourne  :o

In advance I am sorry for bad English.

In our country, flight from Russia to Australia, not cheap pleasure.
Only people with a good prosperity, presume to themselves such travel.
And they, as a rule, badly brought up people. Therefore there is about Russian people such low opinion in many countries.
You at all don't represent, as is insulting happens, to hear similar statements.

I too can, a lot of bad tell about some countries. But I have enough good breeding not to do it.

Offline Jason G

• Construction Fraggle
  • Knight who says 'Ni!'
« Reply #92 on: 12 Oct 2010, 07:59:01 pm »

In advance I am sorry for bad English.

In our country, flight from Russia to Australia, not cheap pleasure.
Only people with a good prosperity, presume to themselves such travel.
And they, as a rule, badly brought up people. Therefore there is about Russian people such low opinion in many countries.
You at all don't represent, as is insulting happens, to hear similar statements.

I too can, a lot of bad tell about some countries. But I have enough good breeding not to do it.

Hi, sorry Subspace.  It's my bad sense of humour that probably does not translate wel, I do not have a low opinion of Russian peoplesl. The remark was actually self deprecating of Australian people (Calling us 'silly'), not people from Russia bad.  We actually have a large mix of different cultures here where I live and many of us are immigrant families of one origin or another. As a general rule our humour can sometimes appear insulting to others, but isn't intended as such.  I'll think carefully before making statements that won't translate too well, and I hope this translates better.  Welcome aboard and  I hope my quirks don't upset you too much.

Best Regards, Jason.
« Last Edit: 12 Oct 2010, 08:08:59 pm by Jason G »

Offline SubSpace

• Alpha Tester
  • Knight o' The Realm
« Reply #93 on: 13 Oct 2010, 02:09:17 am »
I am sorry for too rough reaction.
In other language the humour is very difficult for seeing. And my knowledge of English too poorly.  :)

Offline Jason G

• Construction Fraggle
  • Knight who says 'Ni!'
« Reply #94 on: 13 Oct 2010, 02:20:58 am »
I am sorry for too rough reaction.
In other language the humour is very difficult for seeing. And my knowledge of English too poorly.  :)

I think it's pretty good considering the big difference from the printed language I see here  :).  Anyway, Casual Australian English tends to be laced with sarcasm & double meanings, so I have to learn to watch that, since we get a number of non-native English speakers back here.  Just remind me if something doesn't make sense too well, and I can clarify, since sometimes I won't make sense to other people from English speaking countries either ;)

Jason
« Last Edit: 13 Oct 2010, 02:26:43 am by Jason G »

Offline cristipurdel

• Knight o' The Realm
« Reply #95 on: 13 Oct 2010, 06:36:42 am »
Everything is upside down down there. Even when you flush the toilet, water spins in the wrong direction :)

Offline Raistmer

• Working Code Wizard
  • Volunteer Developer
  • Knight who says 'Ni!'
« Reply #96 on: 03 Nov 2010, 10:25:39 am »
Does anyone use OpenCL AP under Windows 7 x64 with HD4xxx GPU ?
I see VERY poor performance with Windows 7 x64 + Cat 10.10 on HD4870 on 2 hosts already while one of them if working under Vista x86 + Cat 10.10 shows just OK performance....

Offline cenit

• Knight o' The Realm
« Reply #97 on: 03 Nov 2010, 10:30:04 am »
Does anyone use OpenCL AP under Windows 7 x64 with HD4xxx GPU ?
I see VERY poor performance with Windows 7 x64 + Cat 10.10 on HD4870 on 2 hosts already while one of them if working under Vista x86 + Cat 10.10 shows just OK performance....

When I was testing your AP app I was on Windows 7 x64, and my GPU is a 4870 (512MB). I was not under Cat 10.10, there were older ones. But performances were really good. Nothing different from Vista x86, which I had but now I had removed completely (so I cannot even try now to see if latest cat version did something bad on win7)

I saw your posts on opencl ati forums, let me say that it seems a really strange behavior. Are you sure you do not have anything wrong on "your" side (misconfigs...)?

Offline Raistmer

• Working Code Wizard
  • Volunteer Developer
  • Knight who says 'Ni!'
« Reply #98 on: 03 Nov 2010, 11:25:03 am »
I see this on 2 hosts already. Both are fresh installed Win7 x64 + Cat 10.10 + SDK 2.2.

Offline skildude

• Knight o' The Round Table
« Reply #99 on: 04 Nov 2010, 07:50:39 am »
I've updated and have it running on my 4770.  I'm running Milkyway at the moment and it appears to have knocked most of my work down from around 5 minutes to 4:30.  So I am seeing an improvement on MW

Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.

Forgot your password?
Members
Total Members: 97
Latest: ToeBee
New This Month: 0
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 59559
Total Topics: 1672