+- +-
Say hello if visiting :) by Gecko
11 Jan 2023, 07:43:05 pm

Seti is down again by Mike
09 Aug 2017, 10:02:44 am

Some considerations regarding OpenCL MultiBeam app tuning from algorithm view by Raistmer
11 Dec 2016, 06:30:56 am

Loading APU to the limit: performance considerations by Mike
05 Nov 2016, 06:49:26 am

Better sleep on Windows - new round by Raistmer
26 Aug 2016, 02:02:31 pm

Author Topic: Seti is down again  (Read 585566 times)

Offline Jason G

• Construction Fraggle
  • Knight who says 'Ni!'
Re: Seti is down again
« Reply #15 on: 01 Jul 2009, 10:39:22 am »
Anyone see what was happening with the S@h forums while I was at school? Web server explode or something? [All other server contact seems fine here.]

Offline efmer (fred)

• Alpha Tester
  • Knight o' The Round Table
    • efmer
« Reply #16 on: 01 Jul 2009, 10:48:40 am »
Every Tuesday morning (Pacific time) we normally have a 3-4 hour outage for database maintenance. The upload/download servers and some web pages are offline during this time. This week took a particularly long time, and we'll be starting up the data servers shortly. Still, expect delays connecting to these servers for a while, and we'll be keeping many database intensive websites offline (like the forums) until some logjams have cleared.
TThrottle Keep your temperatures controlled.
BoincTasks The best way to view BOINC

Offline Jason G

• Construction Fraggle
  • Knight who says 'Ni!'
« Reply #17 on: 01 Jul 2009, 10:50:22 am »
Cheers,  I'll read the front page news next time  8)

Offline efmer (fred)

• Alpha Tester
    • efmer
« Reply #18 on: 01 Jul 2009, 10:51:27 am »
Cheers,  I'll read the front page news next time  8)
Normally they don't tell anything, this will be a long wait.

Offline Pappa

• Alpha Tester
« Reply #19 on: 01 Jul 2009, 11:02:35 am »
not sure if they were doing some DB tweaking or what exactly. the portion on the Main page reads

This week took a particularly long time, and we'll be starting up the data servers shortly. Still, expect delays connecting to these servers for a while, and we'll be keeping many database intensive websites offline (like the forums) until some logjams have cleared.

So as I am getting no work (and the splitters for both MB and AP are running). the Boinc Replica is Offline and the query rate on the master DB is fairly high. I would say they are doing some DB work. Couple this with Matt's Tech News about cranking up NITPCKR.

Sepculation, AS Eric had told me the first attack for NTPCKER would be live returning Results and then starting to read backwards through the DB. At First I would suspect that the connection to either the Boinc Master/Replica would be very expensive. The other part that I have been subtly watching for is introduction of the QPIX number in the WU.

Offline sunu

• Alpha Tester
  • Knight who says 'Ni!'
« Reply #20 on: 01 Jul 2009, 12:11:02 pm »
So as I am getting no work (and the splitters for both MB and AP are running). the Boinc Replica is Offline and the query rate on the master DB is fairly high. I would say they are doing some DB work. Couple this with Matt's Tech News about cranking up NITPCKR.

The query rate is old (as of 23h).
Another thing that strikes me as odd is the splitter status. Yesterday they added some new tapes and the "channels to do" for multibeam were over 300 channels if I remember correctly. Now they are 139. Some multibeam (along the astropulse) shortage on the way?

Offline efmer (fred)

• Alpha Tester
    • efmer
« Reply #21 on: 01 Jul 2009, 02:55:04 pm »

The query rate is old (as of 23h).
Another thing that strikes me as odd is the splitter status. Yesterday they added some new tapes and the "channels to do" for multibeam were over 300 channels if I remember correctly. Now they are 139. Some multibeam (along the astropulse) shortage on the way?
There are some WU coming in, I see them on 3 computers.  So maybe there is some work out there.

Offline Richard Haselgrove

• Messenger Pigeon
  • Knight who says 'Ni!'
« Reply #22 on: 01 Jul 2009, 03:06:02 pm »
I got about 50 'shorties' in three hours earlier today.

I think it's just going out as fast as they split it - remember we're still in an outage recovery phase.

Offline Pappa

• Alpha Tester
« Reply #23 on: 01 Jul 2009, 03:13:21 pm »
Server Status shows the replica running and catching up. Cricket shows a steady state of Uploads and small increase in downloads.. So Richards statement is proving...

I have one machine that has managed to keep working and the others are starved and doing backup projects

Edit: If you believe the splitter status there should be AP being split
« Last Edit: 01 Jul 2009, 03:16:14 pm by Pappa »

Wild6-NJ

« Reply #24 on: 04 Jul 2009, 09:42:23 am »
Currently, server status shows wu's being split, but 'results in field' not rising. 

Huh?

Wild6-NJ

« Reply #25 on: 04 Jul 2009, 09:45:15 am »
Also AP wu creation rate practically nil although splitter working and file progression moving.

cryptokid

« Reply #26 on: 05 Sep 2009, 08:58:04 pm »
this weekend seti is about to run out of multibeam and astropulse completely according to matt.  better up those queues to 10 days fellas!

Offline PatrickV2

« Reply #27 on: 07 Sep 2009, 04:20:12 pm »
Today is the 2nd time in as many weeks that my main 'crunching' machine (Q6600 running the optimized clients) totally ran out of work and is just idling there. I had already set the caches to 5.0/5.0 days, and before the machine ran dry, I upped that 5.0/10.0 days, but no luck in getting new work. Also, manually 'updating' and requesting new work gets me nothing.

I suppose I should look around for a secondary project to crunch when Seti is out of work again. *sigh*

Do the people here have a worthy and/or related project, which also does not clog up the machine for too long a time?

Reason: If/when Seti has work available again, I want to get back to crunching that again, without having to clear several days worth of cache of the 'other' project first.

Can I configure things like that, and if so, how?

Regards,

Patrick.

Offline Raistmer

• Working Code Wizard
  • Volunteer Developer
  • Knight who says 'Ni!'
« Reply #28 on: 07 Sep 2009, 04:30:48 pm »
SETI/SETI beta/Einstein/MW here.
Also Aqua and Yoyo for idle CUDA GPU sometimes.

Offline arkayn

• Janitor o' the Board
  • Knight who says 'Ni!'
  • Aaaarrrrgggghhhh
    • My Little Place On The Internet
« Reply #29 on: 07 Sep 2009, 08:43:25 pm »
I added Einstein back onto my Quad last night, I used to crunch for it a couple of years ago.

Quad: SETI, Einstein, Milkyway(ATI)
Dell: SETI, Milkyway, Collatz(ATI)
iMac: SETI, Milkyway

The iMac just got 40 units from SETI today though.

Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.

Forgot your password?
Members
Total Members: 97
Latest: ToeBee
New This Month: 0
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 59559
Total Topics: 1672