+- +-
Say hello if visiting :) by Gecko
11 Jan 2023, 07:43:05 pm

Seti is down again by Mike
09 Aug 2017, 10:02:44 am

Some considerations regarding OpenCL MultiBeam app tuning from algorithm view by Raistmer
11 Dec 2016, 06:30:56 am

Loading APU to the limit: performance considerations by Mike
05 Nov 2016, 06:49:26 am

Better sleep on Windows - new round by Raistmer
26 Aug 2016, 02:02:31 pm

Author Topic: cuda wu's there, just not processing  (Read 7971 times)

mechtheist

cuda wu's there, just not processing
« on: 03 Dec 2009, 01:16:03 am »
I am newbie, I installed in my win7_64 machine:
Lunatics_Win64v0.2_(SSE3+)_AP505r168_AKv8bx64_CudaV12
It works fine (on non-cuda wu's), but even though I have cuda wu's (. . . enhanced 6.08(cuda)) sitting in my task pane, they are never processed.  Before i installed the optimized apps, I had numerous cuda wu's processed.  BOINC 6.10.18, gpu 9800 GTX+ & 285 GTX.  Both cards working with collatz and gpugrid.
This going on 2 days, not being an expert, of course I looked at the portion that said experts only and I found the VLARKill info which I did not understand all that well so of course I tried to make use of the VLARnokill app from further down on page.  I figured in my naive way that I just had to modify the app_info inserting a "no" in the two places that mentioned the VLARkill app.  This made no difference, I still have no cuda's being processed.  The wu's just sit there all dressed up and ain't goin' anywhere.
Should I just revert back to the stock apps as the cuda's did great with them?
Any info would be appreciated.

Offline Raistmer

• Working Code Wizard
  • Volunteer Developer
  • Knight who says 'Ni!'
Re: cuda wu's there, just not processing
« Reply #1 on: 03 Dec 2009, 01:18:36 am »
What will BOINC do if you suspend GPUgrid and Collatz for a while ?

mechtheist

« Reply #2 on: 03 Dec 2009, 01:47:30 am »
What will BOINC do if you suspend GPUgrid and Collatz for a while ?

Thank you Raistmer for the quick reply.
I suspended them and immediately BOINC went for the SETIs and errored out on all of them.  Maybe it's smarter than I thought.  I still have my app_info with the "no" inserted, don't know if that makes a difference(with the MB_6.08_CUDA_V12_noKill_FPLim2048 file in the project folder), I'm working above my pay grade, don't know if that was right way to deal with that..
I would love to get them running but am not all that averse to just going back to stocks.  What do you think?  I can put in the effort to figure out what is going on.
rob

Offline Raistmer

• Working Code Wizard
  • Volunteer Developer
  • Knight who says 'Ni!'
« Reply #3 on: 03 Dec 2009, 04:31:43 am »
When asking for help it's better to post link to affected host right from beginning - it saves unneeded keypresses both for you and for helper  :P

mechtheist

« Reply #4 on: 03 Dec 2009, 05:11:39 am »
When asking for help it's better to post link to affected host right from beginning - it saves unneeded keypresses both for you and for helper  :P

Again, I really appreciate the reply, since I last posted, I undid everything and reinstalled the lunatics apps for the 4th time and this time everything seems to work?  Oh well, god knows what the f i screwed up.
Sorry about not posting link, I understand now, I've been getting lost in all the different forums trying to understand, hard work for an anencephalic like myself :-\
Be well.

Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.

Forgot your password?
Members
Total Members: 97
Latest: ToeBee
New This Month: 0
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 59559