Forum > GPU crunching

Latest drivers (NVidia and ATI)

<< < (120/167) > >>

glennaxl:

--- Quote from: glennaxl on 04 Dec 2011, 09:41:51 pm ---Has anyone tried crunching now a days with SLI connector attached and enabled? Does it work now?

--- End quote ---
To answer my own question, the answer is "yes"

I'm using 290.53

k6xt:
Just installed a new GTX560Ti in tandem with a GTX465. Need some help getting both GPU running. The problem is, with cc_config "use both GPU" set, after a time the computer freezes. Both video cards continue processing something, as does the CPU. But according to project records no work is sent while the PC is locked up.

A reboot is needed to restore. Renaming cc_config so only one GPU runs, all is well.

The PC is W7 ultimate 32 bit, Q9650. Nvidia 285.62 driver.

The two GPU run stock clocks. The only acceleration used is fan speed control via MSI Afterburner.

The 560Ti is a MSI, the 465 is EVGA.

Thanks - Art

Jason G:
Which application Art ? x41g Cuda 3.2 release ?  How many tasks per card ? What are the temperatures like & did you do a 'Clean Install' with the driver installtion advanced options?

Sorry for the questions, but they'll help narrow down the possibilities.

Offthe top of my head, One possibility could be other wacky drivers in the system, so a check with DPC latency Checker might be in order as an easy pre-check before troubleshooting.

[Edit:]  for reference, her's what my 480 system (main dev machine) looks like at full crunch while browsing with Google Chrome, which took a lot of work to find and force installation of better drivers for chipset & Wifi etc.

Jason

Claggy:
What PSU do you have running that host?, I'd expect at least 800 Watt PSU is required,

Claggy

Jason G:

--- Quote from: Claggy on 13 Jan 2012, 12:54:50 pm ---What PSU do you have running that host?, I'd expect at least 800 Watt PSU is required,

Claggy
--- End quote ---

For a 465 + 560ti factory OC'd model, it would have to be at least a very good 850W, or preferably larger IMO.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version