Forum > GPU crunching

Latest drivers (NVidia and ATI)

<< < (121/167) > >>

Claggy:

--- Quote from: Jason G on 13 Jan 2012, 12:56:58 pm ---
--- Quote from: Claggy on 13 Jan 2012, 12:54:50 pm ---What PSU do you have running that host?, I'd expect at least 800 Watt PSU is required,

Claggy
--- End quote ---

For a 465 + 560ti factory OC'd model, it would have to be at least a very good 850W, or preferably larger IMO.

--- End quote ---
I agree, Asus's Recommended Power Supply Wattage Calculator says 800W when you put in 2*560Ti's and 900Watts when you put in 2*465's,
while Corsairs PSUfinder says 950Watts when you put in 2*470's, and 750Watts when you put in 2*460's (the closest matches)

Claggy

arkayn:
With my 560 and 5830, I put a 850 watt PSU in.

k6xt:

--- Quote from: Jason G on 13 Jan 2012, 12:44:31 pm ---Which application Art ? x41g Cuda 3.2 release ?  How many tasks per card ? What are the temperatures like & did you do a 'Clean Install' with the driver installtion advanced options?

Sorry for the questions, but they'll help narrow down the possibilities.

Offthe top of my head, One possibility could be other wacky drivers in the system, so a check with DPC latency Checker might be in order as an easy pre-check before troubleshooting.

[Edit:]  for reference, her's what my 480 system (main dev machine) looks like at full crunch while browsing with Google Chrome, which took a lot of work to find and force installation of better drivers for chipset & Wifi etc.

Jason

--- End quote ---

The power supply is a Corsair 750W. I did a clean install of x41g prior to loading the cards based on the post you sent before I bought the 560Ti, thanks again for that.

I did the clean install by first un-installing all Nvidia software plus a reboot. Then started over.

When its running there are two tasks per card, four total. I use MSI Afterburner to control the fans with a more aggressive speed curve. My GPU temps are running in the 60-65 deg C range, near where they run as single GPU's. CPU temps are in the 65 deg C range except for CPU 1 which runs 70 deg C and always has in the 15 months or so since new.

Edit: Right now there's three tasks per GPU running. I set that parm to 0.3.

Thanks, regards
Art

Jason G:
OK, there's good news & there's bad news.  Sounds mostly good, but no way is a 750 watt PSU enough for both those cards at once,  I have a 480 & a 560ti in separate machines.  The 560ti by itself seems happy with a Corsair AX 750 Gold... The 480 took about 4 months or so by itself to hose a seasonic gold 750.  I'd suggest pulling the 465 for now, before your PSU blows up.  I'm not being silly.

Jason

k6xt:

--- Quote from: Jason G on 13 Jan 2012, 05:00:53 pm ---OK, there's good news & there's bad news.  Sounds mostly good, but no way is a 750 watt PSU enough for both those cards at once,  I have a 480 & a 560ti in separate machines.  The 560ti by itself seems happy with a Corsair AX 750 Gold... The 480 took about 4 months or so by itself to hose a seasonic gold 750.  I'd suggest pulling the 465 for now, before your PSU blows up.  I'm not being silly.

Jason

--- End quote ---

I hear ya. Ran to get my VOM. THe PS outlet air didn't feel very hot and it isn't, about 37 deg C. Doesn't seem like its very stressed -- but the point is a good one. I'll get a 1kW in there. My latency picture is not so sweet with that program you suggested, got work to do there.

Thanks ARt

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version