Forum > GPU crunching

Latest drivers (NVidia and ATI)

<< < (109/167) > >>

Jason G:

--- Quote from: Richard Haselgrove on 30 Nov 2011, 10:55:13 am ---Would an 'older card' (i.e. 9800 GT-series) beta bench be useful at this stage? (I don't usually upgrade drivers until the WHQL stage). If so, XP or Win7 (it'll be 32bit without the option).

--- End quote ---

Not really.  Seems to be just fairly minor gaming oriented polish for the most part (Since 285 series).  When Cuda 4.1 final release, or another release candidate appears, all bets will be off.  For now looks like they're consolidating & prepping for ~March's new GPUs, but definitely we'll want to know if 4.1 (non-RC) will perform across the full range of GPUs, when it eventuates.

Mike:
Dont forget though OpenCL 1.2 is officiall pronounced.
Maybe we see another surprises with upcoming drivers.

So far as i know not fully implemented in upcoming 11.12 drivers but who knows.

Mike

arkayn:
I installed the 11.11c drivers earlier today to test out on a couple of games, my times doubled while crunching Millkyway. Do not recommend.

cristipurdel:

--- Quote from: cristipurdel on 17 Nov 2011, 05:13:11 pm ---From Open CL 1.2 ... Device partitioning this is what I was waiting for ...years :P ...any plans for the future?
It would be great to assign just one CU to windows, and the rest to boinc :P. It's better than temp throttling :)

--- End quote ---
I finally realized that I can see the maximum power and GFLOPS from my cpu and gpu with sisoft sandra.
On my E350, without 6310M, but with a 6490M, the gpu is 6.67 more efficient than the cpu in terms of peak performance vs. power consumption.
I'm still hoping to use 1 CU with min core voltage + 1 CPU min core voltage for something around 15W, but 128 GFLOPs.
Maybe 7.0.2 with 11.12  can speed up the 1.2 adoption :P

Richard Haselgrove:
The other critical piece of information we ought to derive and make available for reference somewhere is the ratio of peak to usable (effective) GFLOPS for the various computational platforms - treating hardware plus any needed runtime or driver software as an integrated platform for this purpose.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version