Forum > GPU crunching

Latest drivers (NVidia and ATI)

<< < (110/167) > >>

corsair:
I've one ATI card HD3850 that run with OS and image software really fine, but enable to work with GPU work in BOINC, I've downloaded latest for this card from AMD 11.11 and always error just when starting with: SET, Primegrid, Collatz and Milkyway, ...

this happened again last time I'd a problem with my NVidia GPU 9800 and exchanged for a while with this one an unable to crunch with GPU, I deleted all with driver sweeper from Nvidia.

after that I bought a Nvidia GTX460 and installed in that computer and removed everything related to ATI GPU with driver sweeper and no problem at all.

some days ago I saw that the GPU card was overheated and seen that one fan was not running, it was in guaranty so to the TS for exchange, in the mean time I installed the HD 3850 sweeping again everything related to NVidia and installed AMD driver 11.11 for this card but same problem, not able to crunch.

another thing is that this computer has one HD4360 or similar on MOBO and not able to run it, doing set-up alone with another cable as HDMI or DVI, no way ???

Mike:
11.11 drivers are incompatible with the OpenCL apps.
You can try 11.9 for example.

Did you check workgroup size of the 3850 ?
If its only 128 those apps won´t work.

Mike

Claggy:

--- Quote from: Mike on 04 Dec 2011, 09:06:07 am ---
11.11 drivers are incompatible with the OpenCL apps.
You can try 11.9 for example.

Did you check workgroup size of the 3850 ?
If its only 128 you might want to try LHD4k version.

Mike

--- End quote ---
OpenCL is only available on HD4*** and later GPU's, HD3850 is too early, Supported Devices:

http://developer.amd.com/sdks/AMDAPPSDK/pages/DriverCompatibility.aspx

Claggy

Mike:
Thanks Claggy.

Raistmer:
Also, I would check with AMD site or CLinfo utility if HD4360  OpenCL-capable or not.
Some entry level onboard AMD GPUs like 4200 and maybe 4300 are prev generation (RV6xx) cards actually and naming them HD4xxx was pure marketing move from AMD.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version