Forum > GPU crunching

Latest drivers (NVidia and ATI)

<< < (89/167) > >>

Richard Haselgrove:
That's great, thanks.

The second line is just reproducing the way that BOINC does things, confirming the same error as you reported in this thread. Then the third line proves that Jason's correction of the bug works on your system too - which is what we wanted to check. I'll go and tell David the news.

Pepi:
Ok, I am glad can help in any :)
Just now I am on Primegrid challenge, so  no GPU using only CPU :(

Raistmer:
From  APP SDK 2.5:

OpenCL can now be used by a Windows service.

Anyone checked this alredy?

_heinz:

--- Quote from: Jason G on 26 Aug 2011, 12:53:36 pm ---Thanks for the verification.  Yeah it was a relatively trivial cosmetic, but oddly annoying, problem.  As mentioned the updated code was passed onto Berkeley, and I see no reason it shouldn't function the same way there when they get around to a build with the change. 

Jason

--- End quote ---
Hi Jason,
Any news from Berkeley ? Is the code already inserted into any boinc version ?
here a picture from nvApiTest6 on laptop GT540M

Jason G:
I believe it's in the trunk code, but I don't keep track of when development releases are rolled out for testing, so couldn't tell you whether they made a build with it yet.  If you have a Boinc checkout, you could use the repository browser to see what revision number the latest tags are, then compare revision numbers & dates against the trunk logs. 

In any case, it's great that you all found the fix applies to other scenarios in addition to isle Optimus platforms.  Funnily enough it's the stupid cosmetic bugs like this I find the most annoying.  I guess because they are 'in your face' the most  ;).

Jason

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version