Forum > GPU crunching

Latest drivers (NVidia and ATI)

<< < (90/167) > >>

Richard Haselgrove:
The fix was applied to the trunk code at revision 24046.

The trunk code is currently being used to build BOINC v6.13.1 (will be BOINC 6.14.xx or BOINC v7 eventually - a long way from being ready yet)

For a working BOINC, you would need to build from the boinc_core_release_6_10 or boinc_core_release_6_12 branch: neither of those contain the fix yet. And there hasn't been a new build - even of the experimental v6.13 - since the fix was applied.

Richard Haselgrove:
Could one of our resident ATI driver gurus have a look at http://boinc.berkeley.edu/dev/forum_thread.php?id=6846, please?

It's always been the case that NVidia drivers are inaccessible to BOINC installed in 'Protected Application Execution' (aka 'service') mode under Windows Vista and Windows 7.

The posters in that thread seem to be implying that ATI drivers up to and including 11.6 could be used in service mode, but 11.7 and onwards have moved towards the NVidia behaviour. Is that a change which the people who monitor such things can corroborate?

Ghost0210:

--- Quote from: Richard Haselgrove on 05 Sep 2011, 06:28:52 am ---Could one of our resident ATI driver gurus have a look at http://boinc.berkeley.edu/dev/forum_thread.php?id=6846, please?
The posters in that thread seem to be implying that ATI drivers up to and including 11.6 could be used in service mode, but 11.7 and onwards have moved towards the NVidia behaviour. Is that a change which the people who monitor such things can corroborate?

--- End quote ---

I'm running 11.5 drivers and Win 7, so when I get home I'll have a look at installing Boinc in service mode and see what happens

Jason G:

--- Quote from: Richard Haselgrove on 05 Sep 2011, 06:28:52 am --- NVidia behaviour
--- End quote ---

ROFL, you mean Microsoft WDDM + KHRonos Consortium behaviour....

We have a colourful expression in Australia, that is  'Pissing into the wind'.  Yes MS-DOS runs things faster....

Mike:
I had no connection issues with 11.7 and 11.8.
But i dont use boinc as service.
Also i had SDK 2.5 dev installed in addition.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version