+- +-
Say hello if visiting :) by Gecko
11 Jan 2023, 07:43:05 pm

Seti is down again by Mike
09 Aug 2017, 10:02:44 am

Some considerations regarding OpenCL MultiBeam app tuning from algorithm view by Raistmer
11 Dec 2016, 06:30:56 am

Loading APU to the limit: performance considerations by Mike
05 Nov 2016, 06:49:26 am

Better sleep on Windows - new round by Raistmer
26 Aug 2016, 02:02:31 pm

Author Topic: No AP WUs available? and anyone have a AP bug report?  (Read 6764 times)

sbalfour

No AP WUs available? and anyone have a AP bug report?
« on: 08 Jun 2009, 10:28:15 pm »
Ok.  Good start: your optimized AP and SAH MB apps gave me 5x and 2x increase in crunch power
respectively.  Funky that I haven't been able to get any AP WUs since disposing of the in-progress
ones I had queued.  Lots of  messages "Message from server: (project has no jobs available)." Eh?
I've pasted entries for AP 500 & 503 and Seti_enhanced 528 & 603 into the app_info.xml I
believe correctly (I get Seti MB workunits at least).

Now, the interesting part: I'm inclined to take a dig into the AP code and see what I can find.  I've
had 30+ years compiler, code generation and optimization experience.  I've also implemented
floating point libraries, which might be helpful ;-)   I think before I do anything serious, I'll
just lend a helping hand.  Anyone have some bug reports or feature-in-a-nutshell work to be done?
I'll need to know where to get sources with the putative bugs.  I'm going to work on Linux (2.6 kernel),
in C/C++ and use GNU tools.  I've seen build, test and installation instructions elsewhere on this site, so
I'll not bother anyone until I've tried to recreate an app from the extant sources.  But send the bug
reports.  In time, I'll need an experienced reviewer to help me along.

Stuart Balfour, sbalfour@att.net

Offline Raistmer

• Working Code Wizard
  • Volunteer Developer
  • Knight who says 'Ni!'
Re: No AP WUs available? and anyone have a AP bug report?
« Reply #1 on: 09 Jun 2009, 02:10:18 am »
Hello
You could start with these sources http://lunatics.kwsn.net/index.php?module=Downloads;sa=dlview;id=168 and see what you can speed up there. There are many possibilities awaiting for its explorer still indeed.

Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.

Forgot your password?
Members
Total Members: 97
Latest: ToeBee
New This Month: 0
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 59559
Total Topics: 1672