Forum > Windows

How to make your own optimized Seti@Home client for Windows

<< < (3/3)

BORG:
Simon

I've tried 3 times to compile a P3 client. None of which would pass the test.

What I'm I doing wrong?

Command lIne entries are
/fp:fast /Qprec-div- /Qprec-sqrt- /Qipo4 /QxK

Also under preprocessor I have 

USE_IPP
USE_SSE
WIN32
_WIN32
_MT
NDEBUG
_WINDOWS
CLIENT
_CONSOLE

Vyper:

--- Quote from: Simon on 30 Jun 2006, 09:46:02 pm ---Yes,

I've already tried both. SSE3 hasn't given me any speed boost at all, and I have not been able to get a 64-bit version to compile - I keep getting errors like "Target machine type AMD64 is incompatible with module machine type X86".

I'm also interested in how a 64-bit version would compare but haven't had more time to get it to work yet.

Hope that helped,
Simon.

--- End quote ---

Have you downloaded the IPP package for EM64T.. It said that it wasn't required to use Vision 2005 , i think you can use 2003 version and still compile EM64T through settings for the compilation..

Just a thought..

//Vyper

Vyper:

--- Quote from: Vyper on 06 Aug 2006, 04:54:22 pm ---
--- Quote from: Simon on 30 Jun 2006, 09:46:02 pm ---Yes,

I've already tried both. SSE3 hasn't given me any speed boost at all, and I have not been able to get a 64-bit version to compile - I keep getting errors like "Target machine type AMD64 is incompatible with module machine type X86".

I'm also interested in how a 64-bit version would compare but haven't had more time to get it to work yet.

Hope that helped,
Simon.

--- End quote ---

Have you downloaded the IPP package for EM64T.. It said that it wasn't required to use Vision 2005 , i think you can use 2003 version and still compile EM64T through settings for the compilation..

Just a thought..

//Vyper

--- End quote ---

Hmm

I found this on Intels Site:

Command Line Mode in Microsoft* VC.NET 2003 Environment

Required Software: Microsoft* VC.NET 2003*
Microsoft* Platform SDK for Windows* Server 2003 Server 2003 SP1 (Oct and later) For compile and link IPP in command line--
Open a 64-bit Build environment window by--
Start >> All Programs >> Microsoft Platform SDK for Windows Server 2003 Server 2003 SP1 >> Open Build Environment Window >> Windows Server 2003 64-bit Build Environment >> Set Win Svr 2003 x64 Build Env (Debug, [Release])
Run environment variable setting by--
> C:\Program Files (x86)\Intel\IPP\5.0\em64t\tools\env\ippenv.bat

Edit your make file or Enter compile command like below:
cl -out: main.exe main.c -I'C:\Program Files (x86)\Intel\IPP\5.0\em64t\' /LIBPATH:'C:\Program Files (x86)\Intel\IPP\5.0\em64t\stublibippsem64t.lib ippcoreem64t.lib

Wonder if this is something of use?!

//Vyper

Vyper:

--- Quote from: Simon on 28 Jun 2006, 07:06:08 pm ---I just found out that the trial versions of IPP for Windows (and only IPP) don't include redistributable files at all - so that ipp_w7.h is not the only thing missing from them, sadly. Since I do have other licenses installed, I did not check that too closely. It looked complete when I installed it once to test, and they said it's the same - well, it isn't. Depending on what license file you use to install IPP, different things get installed. There is a way to get the files out of the installer, but that's probably not legal.

So this will make it difficult for people to compile on Windows I'm afraid (unless they get an IPP license, that is).

I'm almost done with my letter to Intel - I still cannot understand why they offer non-commercial tools for Linux, but not Windows. I'll put that in there as well.

Regards,
Simon.

--- End quote ---

I found a way to get around this..

When i compiled i got a LOT of errors , and i found out that the compiler wanted access to files which hadn't been installed but existed in the Data1.cab file.. So!!!

I extracted Data1 cab to a directory and included that one also in the project along with the other "links" to intel drawers etc..

After that it all worked and produced results just the same like Simon's app..

After this i tried to download the 5.1.1 IPP package from their support page and found out that they used Core2 optmized code which i have succesfully built.. I tried to modify the analyzefunc.cpp file to print if it used SSE4 when compiling but all it said that "icl: Command line warning: overriding '/archSSE2' with '/QxT'"

I just want a Core2 processor to test this if it's working :)

EDIT: I modified analysefuncs.cpp to include
analyzeFuncs.cpp
-----IPP-----
-----sse4-----
So it reports it when compiling and use USE_SSE4 command. Giving it a new compile round.
EDIT2: Yay it worked!! Cool.

//Vyper

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version