Forum > Windows

How to make your own optimized Seti@Home client for Windows

(1/3) > >>

Simon:
Hi,

you can find this How-To in the Articles section - here's a direct link:

How to make your own optimized Seti@Home client for Windows.

Please post about your success or failure using it!

Good luck,
Simon

Gazzalodi:
Hi Simon,  tried my first compiling.  I have the following installations:

System - P4 2.6Ghz (HT disabled), 512Meg.

MS VS.net 2003

Building from:  e:\Documents and Settings\me\My Documents\Visual Studio Projects\boincstuff\seti-19.1\client\

Intel C++ compiler 9.1, MKL 8.1, IPP 5.1

Your source downloaded at approx 2200GMT today.

-------

When compiling I receive the following:
..\analyzeFuncs.cpp(70):  catastrophic error: could not open source file "ipp_w7.h"

I have checked all my includes and do not see an ipp_w7.h anywhere.

In my IPP\5.1\ia32\include directory I have 17 files, none are the ipp_w7.h though. 

Is there someplace else this would be?  I find references to it online but can't find a reference to where I should be seeing it.

I receive about 50 other warning, but only this one one failure.

Thanks,
Dave

Simon:
I just found out that the trial versions of IPP for Windows (and only IPP) don't include redistributable files at all - so that ipp_w7.h is not the only thing missing from them, sadly. Since I do have other licenses installed, I did not check that too closely. It looked complete when I installed it once to test, and they said it's the same - well, it isn't. Depending on what license file you use to install IPP, different things get installed. There is a way to get the files out of the installer, but that's probably not legal.

So this will make it difficult for people to compile on Windows I'm afraid (unless they get an IPP license, that is).

I'm almost done with my letter to Intel - I still cannot understand why they offer non-commercial tools for Linux, but not Windows. I'll put that in there as well.

Regards,
Simon.

Gazzalodi:
Alright!  Got it compiled and received strongly similar results on the rescmp check. 

Times:

Optimized:  17:13

Standard:  32:32

I think it's a keeper.

Computer:  Pentium 4,  Northwood 2.60, HT disabled.  512Meg  DC mem.

Simon:
Good work!

What did you change to get past the error?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version