Forum > Linux

How to make your own optimized Seti@Home client for Linux

<< < (2/6) > >>

ngdias:
Thanks for your reply. I'll wait for your update to see how it's done... I hope you will be able to do some more testing in 64bit too.

Simon:
Hi folks,

I finally had time to update the BOINC & SETI@Home Linux sources and build scripts. So, the sources archive in the Downloads section now points to the new file. These sources include build scripts for MMX-SSE3 with all flavours in between, the checkpoint() fix as well as some minor tweaks in the IPP department.

HTH,
Simon.

sancio:
Hi, I tried to compile 1.3 source but unsuccessfully.
My system:
Pentium 4 3GHz
Slackware 10.1
ICC 9.1.045
IPP beta 5.2.011

Only missing requisite libcurl>=7.13.2, I have 7.12.2.

boinc compile fine with compile-boinc-sse3-p4 adding the option --disable-client to the configure because of the libcurl
Could be this the error?
The client is needed or are enough the library?

For seti_boinc I used compile-seti-sse3-p4 not modified with the exception of the icc/ipp path (in attach)
I tried too the configure modify that you suggest for SSE2, but with the same results with the exception of this warning:
icpc: Command line warning: ignoring unknown option '-mfpmath=sse'

The errors are in attach, some example:

icpc: Command line warning: ignoring unknown option '-finclude'
/home/gtoso/src/kwsn/boinc/lib/util.h(66): remark #981: operands are evaluated i
n unspecified order
          s.size()>=suffix.size() &&
[...]
../db/track_mem.h(31): remark #193: zero used for undefined preprocessing identi
fier
  #if DEBUG_ALLOCATIONS
      ^
[...]
icpc: Command line warning: no action performed for specified file(s)
[...]
sincos.h(44): error: omission of exception specification is incompatible with pr
evious function "sincos" (declared at line 82 of "/usr/include/bits/mathcalls.h"
)
  void sincos(double angle, double *s, double *c);
                                                 ^

Where I mistake?
Thanks,
Gianluca.

[attachment deleted by admin]

sancio:
I retried to compile with new libcurl, but unsuccessfully  >:(
boinc compile fine (client too), but seti no.
It's a Slack problem? Or IPP 5.2 beta? I need IPP 5.1 or old?
May be I'll retry with IPP 5.1...
But if you can help me it's better  ;D

Thanks,
goodbye.

Simon:
Hi Gianluca,

I've had those errors often as well. I usually "fixed" them, if nothing else helped, by editing the respective #ifdefs and #defines that redefine sincos and the other mathematical functions.

However, Michael Buckingham has offered to help porting the 2.0 sources to Linux, so maybe we will soon have new stuff to compile anyway ;)

Merry Christmas!
Simon.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version