+- +-
Say hello if visiting :) by Gecko
11 Jan 2023, 07:43:05 pm

Seti is down again by Mike
09 Aug 2017, 10:02:44 am

Some considerations regarding OpenCL MultiBeam app tuning from algorithm view by Raistmer
11 Dec 2016, 06:30:56 am

Loading APU to the limit: performance considerations by Mike
05 Nov 2016, 06:49:26 am

Better sleep on Windows - new round by Raistmer
26 Aug 2016, 02:02:31 pm

Author Topic: sources with Orcas  (Read 37063 times)

Offline _heinz

• Volunteer Developer
  • Knight who says 'Ni!'
sources with Orcas
« on: 22 Jun 2007, 07:30:56 pm »
Hi all,
as you know I use Visual Studio 2005 Express to develop optomized sourcecode. See thread "optimized sources".
Now I decide use parallel Visual Studio Codename Orcas, Professional Edition, which is now available as Version 9.0.20404.0 Beta1 with Microsoft .NET Framework Version 2.0.50727
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The download is more than 5,4 GB. Installation runs without any problems.
After the installation we must install Intel IPP 5.2 Beta, and MKL 9.0 because we want tu use it.
Now we can start it(MVS Orcas) and set the necessary include and Lib paths under "Tool" --->Options --->Projects and Solutions --->VC++ Directories  ---->executable Files,  Include Files, Library Files
We must convert the application to the new development environment.
We go to File --->New ---->Project From Existing Code --->Visual C++ ---->and go to the directory where we have our seti project stored, ....\client\winbuild\seti_boinc.sln
When all parts are sucessful converted we can start to compile.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
at first we compile our libs in the folowing order
1. glut32
2. image_libs
3. jpeglib
4. libboinc
5. libboincapi
6. non_ICC
7. setiboincdb
8. Optimizer
and at last
9. seti_boinc
That´s it.
Or you go to the Solution Explorer ---->right click on Solution ´seti_boinc´ ----> choose "Build Solution" then it runs automatic.
Now we will do that.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If you want to see the whole compile you can download the attached file boinc_orcas.txt
1 error occured in libboinc and a lot of warnings
util.C
c:\i\sc\vs90\boinc\lib\util.h(81) : warning C4996: 'std::transform': Function call with parameters that may be unsafe - this call

relies on the caller to check that the passed values are correct. To disable this warning, use -D_SCL_SECURE_NO_WARNINGS. See

documentation on how to use Visual C++ 'Checked Iterators'
        c:\I\VS9\VC\include\algorithm(708) : see declaration of 'std::transform'
stackwalker_win.cpp
..\..\..\boinc\lib\stackwalker_win.cpp(614) : error C2664: 'BOOL (HANDLE,PSYM_ENUMMODULES_CALLBACK64,PVOID)' : cannot convert

parameter 2 from 'overloaded-function' to 'PSYM_ENUMMODULES_CALLBACK64'
        None of the functions with this name in scope match the target type

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
the rest of the project compiles without any error, but with a lot warnings always util.h(81) : warning C4996: 'std::transform': Function call with parameters that may be unsafe -

if we now compile seti_boinc we will get a error because libboinc.lib is not available.
libboinc  compiles without any error, but a lot of warnings from util.h(81) std::transform
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
LINK : fatal error LNK1181: cannot open input file 'libboinc.lib'
seti_boinc - 1 error(s), 23 warning(s)
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Thats a good result, still 1 error in the Project.
Now I will search  ::)
any suggestions are welcome
regards seti_britta ~heinz

[attachment deleted by admin]

Offline _heinz

• Volunteer Developer
  • Knight who says 'Ni!'
Re: sources with Orcas
« Reply #1 on: 26 Jun 2007, 02:42:46 pm »
Hi Simon, Crunch3r, Joe
just I looked through the original source 2.2B and found a file stackwalker.patch from 17.10.2006. Do you know which problem has patched in stackwalker ?

regards heinz

Offline Crunch3r

• Knight who says 'Ni!'
    • 64 bit boinc clients
« Reply #2 on: 26 Jun 2007, 02:58:41 pm »
Hi Simon, Crunch3r, Joe
just I looked through the original source 2.2B and found a file stackwalker.patch from 17.10.2006. Do you know which problem has patched in stackwalker ?

regards heinz

http://www.google.de/search?q=PSYM_ENUMMODULES_CALLBACK64&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&aq=t&rls=org.mozilla:de:official&client=firefox-a

Google can help --> http://boinc.berkeley.edu/trac/ticket/115
 :-X
I want to share something with you: The three little sentences that will get you through life. Number 1: Cover for me. Number 2: Oh, good idea, Boss! Number 3: It was like that when I got here.

Homer Simpson

Offline _heinz

• Volunteer Developer
  • Knight who says 'Ni!'
« Reply #3 on: 26 Jun 2007, 05:36:40 pm »
Merci Crunch3r,
thats the solution of the stackwalker problem I have had.
stackwalker compiles now.
Compiling...
stackwalker_win.cpp
Build log was saved at "file://c:\I\SC\vs90\seti_boinc_2k3_2.2B-Ben-Joe\client\win_build\Release32-NOGFX\BuildLog.htm"
libboinc - 0 error(s), 0 warning(s)
========== Build: 1 succeeded, 0 failed, 0 up-to-date, 0 skipped ==========

But the link fails with 1 unresolved external

Compiling...
Microsoft (R) 32-bit C/C++ Optimizing Compiler Version 15.00.20404 for 80x86
Copyright (C) Microsoft Corporation.  All rights reserved.
cl /Od /Ob2 /Oi /Ot /Oy /GT /I "C:\I\SC\vs90\seti_boinc_2k3_2.2B-Ben-Joe\client\win_build\Release32-NOGFX" /I "C:\I\SC\vs90\seti_boinc_2k3_2.2B-Ben-Joe\jpeglib" /I "C:\I\SC\vs90\seti_boinc_2k3_2.2B-Ben-Joe\image_libs" /I "C:\I\SC\vs90\seti_boinc_2k3_2.2B-Ben-Joe\glut" /I "C:\I\SC\vs90\seti_boinc_2k3_2.2B-Ben-Joe\client\win_build" /I "C:\I\SC\vs90\seti_boinc_2k3_2.2B-Ben-Joe\client\Optimizer" /I "C:\I\SC\vs90\seti_boinc_2k3_2.2B-Ben-Joe" /I "C:\I\SC\vs90\seti_boinc_2k3_2.2B-Ben-Joe\client" /I "C:\I\SC\vs90\seti_boinc_2k3_2.2B-Ben-Joe\db" /I "C:\I\SC\vs90\boinc\client\win" /I "C:\I\SC\vs90\boinc\lib" /I "C:\I\SC\vs90\boinc\api" /I "C:\I\SC\vs90\boinc" /I "." /I "../../../boinc/api" /I "../../../boinc/lib" /I ".." /I "glut" /D "WIN32" /D "_WIN32" /D "NDEBUG" /D "_WINDOWS" /D "NBOINC_APP_GRAPHICS" /D "CLIENT" /D "_MT" /D "USE_IPP" /D "USE_SSE2" /D "_VC80_UPGRADE=0x0600" /D "_MBCS" /GF /Gm /EHsc /MT /Zp16 /Gy /Fp".\Release/seti_boinc.pch" /Fo".\Release32-NOGFX\\" /Fd".\Release32-NOGFX\vc90.pdb" /FR".\Release32-NOGFX\\" /W3 /c /Wp64 /Zi /TP "..\analyzeFuncs.cpp"
analyzeFuncs.cpp
C:\I\SC\vs90\boinc\lib\util.h(81) : warning C4996: 'std::transform': Function call with parameters that may be unsafe - this call relies on the caller to check that the passed values are correct. To disable this warning, use -D_SCL_SECURE_NO_WARNINGS. See documentation on how to use Visual C++ 'Checked Iterators'
        c:\I\VS9\VC\include\algorithm(708) : see declaration of 'std::transform'
-----IPP-----
-----SSE2-----
Linking...
Microsoft (R) Incremental Linker Version 9.00.20404
"/OUT:.\Release32-NOGFX\seti_boinc.exe" /INCREMENTAL:NO "/LIBPATH:C:\I\SC\vs90\seti_boinc_2k3_2.2B-Ben-Joe\client\win_build\Release32-NOGFX" "/LIBPATH:C:\I\INTEL\IPP\5.2_beta\ia32\lib" "/LIBPATH:C:\I\INTEL\MKL\9.0\ia32\lib" "/LIBPATH:C:\masm32\lib" "/LIBPATH:C:\I\VS8\VC\lib" "/LIBPATH:C:\I\SDK\Lib" "/LIBPATH:C:\masm32\m32lib" "/LIBPATH:C:\I\SDK\Lib\AMD64" "/LIBPATH:C:\I\SDK\Lib\IA64" /MANIFEST:NO "/MANIFESTUAC:level='asInvoker' uiAccess='false'" "/PDB:c:\I\SC\vs90\seti_boinc_2k3_2.2B-Ben-Joe\client\win_build\Release32-NOGFX\seti_boinc.pdb" /MAP /SUBSYSTEM:WINDOWS /DYNAMICBASE:NO /MACHINE:X86 glut32.lib glut.lib glu32.lib Optimizer.lib image_libs.lib jpeglib.lib libboinc.lib libboincapi.lib non_ICC.lib setiboincdb.lib ippsmerged.lib ippvmmerged.lib ippchmerged.lib ippcorel.lib delayimp.lib libcpmt.lib WinMM.lib OpenGL32.lib Kernel32.Lib oldnames.lib user32.lib gdi32.lib winspool.lib comdlg32.lib advapi32.lib shell32.lib ole32.lib oleaut32.lib uuid.lib kernel32.lib user32.lib gdi32.lib winspool.lib comdlg32.lib advapi32.lib shell32.lib ole32.lib oleaut32.lib uuid.lib odbc32.lib odbccp32.lib
".\Release32-NOGFX\analyzeFuncs.obj"
".\Release32-NOGFX\analyzePoT.obj"
".\Release32-NOGFX\analyzeReport.obj"
".\Release32-NOGFX\app_ipc.obj"
".\Release32-NOGFX\boinc_api.obj"
".\Release32-NOGFX\chirpfft.obj"
".\Release32-NOGFX\fft8g.obj"
".\Release32-NOGFX\filesys.obj"
".\Release32-NOGFX\gaussfit.obj"
".\Release32-NOGFX\gdata.obj"
".\Release32-NOGFX\graphics_api.obj"
".\Release32-NOGFX\graphics_data.obj"
".\Release32-NOGFX\gutil.obj"
".\Release32-NOGFX\lcgamm.obj"
".\Release32-NOGFX\main.obj"
".\Release32-NOGFX\malloc_a.obj"
".\Release32-NOGFX\parse.obj"
".\Release32-NOGFX\progress.obj"
".\Release32-NOGFX\pulsefind.obj"
".\Release32-NOGFX\s_util.obj"
".\Release32-NOGFX\sah_gfx.obj"
".\Release32-NOGFX\sah_gfx_base.obj"
".\Release32-NOGFX\schema_master.obj"
".\Release32-NOGFX\seti.obj"
".\Release32-NOGFX\seti_header.obj"
".\Release32-NOGFX\shmem.obj"
".\Release32-NOGFX\spike.obj"
".\Release32-NOGFX\sqlblob.obj"
".\Release32-NOGFX\sqlrow.obj"
".\Release32-NOGFX\tgalib.obj"
".\Release32-NOGFX\timecvt.obj"
".\Release32-NOGFX\util.obj"
".\Release32-NOGFX\version.obj"
".\Release32-NOGFX\windows_opengl.obj"
".\Release32-NOGFX\worker.obj"
".\Release32-NOGFX\xml_util.obj"
s_util.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol "public: static void __cdecl std::_Locinfo::_Locinfo_ctor(class std::_Locinfo *,class std::basic_string<char,struct std::char_traits<char>,class std::allocator<char> > const &)" (?_Locinfo_ctor@_Locinfo@std@@SAXPAV12@ABV?$basic_string@DU?$char_traits@D@std@@V?$allocator@D@2@@2@@Z) referenced in function "public: __thiscall std::_Locinfo::_Locinfo(class std::basic_string<char,struct std::char_traits<char>,class std::allocator<char> > const &)" (??0_Locinfo@std@@QAE@ABV?$basic_string@DU?$char_traits@D@std@@V?$allocator@D@2@@1@@Z)
schema_master.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol "public: static void __cdecl std::_Locinfo::_Locinfo_ctor(class std::_Locinfo *,class std::basic_string<char,struct std::char_traits<char>,class std::allocator<char> > const &)" (?_Locinfo_ctor@_Locinfo@std@@SAXPAV12@ABV?$basic_string@DU?$char_traits@D@std@@V?$allocator@D@2@@2@@Z)
seti.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol "public: static void __cdecl std::_Locinfo::_Locinfo_ctor(class std::_Locinfo *,class std::basic_string<char,struct std::char_traits<char>,class std::allocator<char> > const &)" (?_Locinfo_ctor@_Locinfo@std@@SAXPAV12@ABV?$basic_string@DU?$char_traits@D@std@@V?$allocator@D@2@@2@@Z)
xml_util.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol "public: static void __cdecl std::_Locinfo::_Locinfo_ctor(class std::_Locinfo *,class std::basic_string<char,struct std::char_traits<char>,class std::allocator<char> > const &)" (?_Locinfo_ctor@_Locinfo@std@@SAXPAV12@ABV?$basic_string@DU?$char_traits@D@std@@V?$allocator@D@2@@2@@Z)
.\Release32-NOGFX\seti_boinc.exe : fatal error LNK1120: 1 unresolved externals
Creating browse information file...
Microsoft Browse Information Maintenance Utility Version 9.00.20404
Copyright (C) Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.
Build log was saved at "file://c:\I\SC\vs90\seti_boinc_2k3_2.2B-Ben-Joe\client\win_build\Release32-NOGFX\BuildLog.htm"
seti_boinc - 5 error(s), 23 warning(s)
========== Rebuild All: 0 succeeded, 1 failed, 0 skipped ==========

Can anybody help with the ext ref problem ?
regards heinz

Offline _heinz

• Volunteer Developer
  • Knight who says 'Ni!'
« Reply #4 on: 02 Jul 2007, 07:24:57 pm »
seti_boinc compile and link now without any error  ;D
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
------ Rebuild All started: Project: seti_boinc, Configuration: Release32-NOGFX Win32 ------
Deleting intermediate and output files for project 'seti_boinc', configuration 'Release32-NOGFX|Win32'
Compiling...
cl /Od /Ob2 /Oi /Ot /Oy /GT /I "." /I "../../../boinc/api" /I "../../../boinc/client/win" /I "../../../boinc/lib" /I ".." /I "glut" /I "C:\I\SC\vs90\seti_boinc_2k3_2.2B-Ben-Joe" /I "C:\I\SC\vs90\seti_boinc_2k3_2.2B-Ben-Joe\db" /I "C:\I\SC\vs90\seti_boinc_2k3_2.2B-Ben-Joe\glut" /I "C:\I\SC\vs90\seti_boinc_2k3_2.2B-Ben-Joe\jpeglib" /I "C:\I\SC\vs90\seti_boinc_2k3_2.2B-Ben-Joe\client" /I "C:\I\SC\vs90\seti_boinc_2k3_2.2B-Ben-Joe\client\Optimizer" /I "C:\I\SC\vs90\seti_boinc_2k3_2.2B-Ben-Joe\image_libs" /I "C:\I\SC\vs90\seti_boinc_2k3_2.2B-Ben-Joe\client\win_build" /I "C:\I\SC\vs90\seti_boinc_2k3_2.2B-Ben-Joe\client\win_build\Release32-NOGFX" /I "C:\I\SC\vs90\boinc" /I "C:\I\SC\vs90\boinc\api" /I "C:\I\SC\vs90\boinc\client\win" /I "C:\I\SC\vs90\boinc\lib" /D "WIN32" /D "_WIN32" /D "_WINDOWS" /D "NBOINC_APP_GRAPHICS" /D "CLIENT" /D "_MT" /D "USE_IPP" /D "USE_SSE2" /D "_DEBUG" /D "_VC80_UPGRADE=0x0600" /D "_MBCS" /GF /Gm /EHsc /MTd /Zp16 /Gy /Fp".\Release/seti_boinc.pch" /Fo".\Release32-NOGFX\\" /Fd".\Release32-NOGFX\vc90.pdb" /FR".\Release32-NOGFX\\" /W3 /c /Wp64 /Zi /TP "..\..\db\xml_util.cpp"
   "..\worker.cpp"
   "..\..\..\boinc\api\windows_opengl.C"
   "..\version.cpp"
   "..\..\..\boinc\lib\util.C"
   "..\timecvt.cpp"
   "..\..\image_libs\tgalib.cpp"
   "..\..\db\sqlrow.cpp"
   "..\..\db\sqlblob.cpp"
   "..\spike.cpp"
   "..\..\..\boinc\lib\shmem.C"
   "..\seti_header.cpp"
   "..\seti.cpp"
   "..\..\db\schema_master.cpp"
   "..\sah_gfx_base.cpp"
   "..\sah_gfx.cpp"
   "..\s_util.cpp"
   "..\pulsefind.cpp"
   "..\progress.cpp"
   "..\..\..\boinc\lib\parse.C"
   "..\malloc_a.cpp"
   "..\main.cpp"
   "..\lcgamm.cpp"
   "..\..\..\boinc\api\gutil.C"
   "..\..\..\boinc\api\graphics_data.C"
   "..\..\..\boinc\api\graphics_api.C"
   "..\gdata.cpp"
   "..\gaussfit.cpp"
   "..\..\..\boinc\lib\filesys.C"
   "..\fft8g.cpp"
   "..\chirpfft.cpp"
   "..\..\..\boinc\api\boinc_api.C"
   "..\..\..\boinc\lib\app_ipc.C"
   "..\analyzeReport.cpp"
   "..\analyzePoT.cpp"
   "..\analyzeFuncs.cpp"
analyzeFuncs.cpp
-----IPP-----
-----SSE2-----
analyzePoT.cpp
--- BenSpectrum ---
analyzeReport.cpp
app_ipc.C
boinc_api.C
chirpfft.cpp
fft8g.cpp
filesys.C
gaussfit.cpp
gdata.cpp
graphics_api.C
graphics_data.C
gutil.C
lcgamm.cpp
main.cpp
malloc_a.cpp
parse.C
progress.cpp
pulsefind.cpp
s_util.cpp
Generating Code...
Compiling...
sah_gfx.cpp
sah_gfx_base.cpp
schema_master.cpp
seti.cpp
seti_header.cpp
..\seti_header.cpp(93) : warning C4267: 'initializing' : conversion from 'size_t' to 'int', possible loss of data
shmem.C
spike.cpp
sqlblob.cpp
sqlrow.cpp
tgalib.cpp
timecvt.cpp
util.C
version.cpp
windows_opengl.C
worker.cpp
xml_util.cpp
Generating Code...
c:\i\sc\vs90\seti_boinc_2k3_2.2b-ben-joe\db\xml_util.cpp(663) : warning C4717: 'xml_match_tag' : recursive on all control paths, function will cause runtime stack overflow
c:\i\sc\vs90\seti_boinc_2k3_2.2b-ben-joe\db\xml_util.cpp(689) : warning C4717: 'xml_find_tag' : recursive on all control paths, function will cause runtime stack overflow
Linking...
"/OUT:.\Release32-NOGFX\seti_boinc.exe" "/LIBPATH:C:\I\SC\vs90\seti_boinc_2k3_2.2B-Ben-Joe\client\Optimizer\Release32-NOGFX" "/LIBPATH:C:\I\SC\vs90\seti_boinc_2k3_2.2B-Ben-Joe\client\win_build\Release32-NOGFX" "/LIBPATH:C:\I\INTEL\IPP\5.2_beta\ia32\lib" "/LIBPATH:C:\I\INTEL\MKL\9.0\ia32\lib" "/LIBPATH:C:\I\VS9\VC\lib" "/LIBPATH:C:\masm32\lib" "/LIBPATH:C:\I\SDK\Lib" "/LIBPATH:C:\masm32\m32lib" "/LIBPATH:C:\I\SDK\Lib\IA64" "/LIBPATH:C:\I\SDK\Lib\AMD64" /MANIFEST:NO "/MANIFESTUAC:level='asInvoker' uiAccess='false'" /DEBUG "/PDB:c:\I\SC\vs90\seti_boinc_2k3_2.2B-Ben-Joe\client\win_build\Release32-NOGFX\seti_boinc.pdb" /MAP /SUBSYSTEM:WINDOWS /DYNAMICBASE:NO /MACHINE:X86 glut32.lib glu32.lib Optimizer.lib image_libs.lib jpeglib.lib libboinc.lib libboincapi.lib non_ICC.lib setiboincdb.lib ippsmerged.lib ippvmmerged.lib ippchmerged.lib ippcorel.lib delayimp.lib libcpmtd.lib WinMM.lib OpenGL32.lib Kernel32.Lib oldnames.lib user32.lib gdi32.lib winspool.lib comdlg32.lib advapi32.lib shell32.lib ole32.lib oleaut32.lib uuid.lib
seti_boinc - 0 error(s), 3 warning(s)
========== Rebuild All: 1 succeeded, 0 failed, 0 skipped ==========
regards heinz  ;D

Offline _heinz

• Volunteer Developer
  • Knight who says 'Ni!'
« Reply #5 on: 03 Jul 2007, 06:08:52 pm »
Merci Gecko,
it shows that Orcas Version 9.0.20404.0 Beta1 is usable to compile the seti_app.  ;D
Next step is testing and debugging aplication.
Work is going on.
regards Heinz

Offline _heinz

• Volunteer Developer
  • Knight who says 'Ni!'
« Reply #6 on: 12 Jul 2007, 06:06:31 pm »
The test shows that there are problems in seti_parse_wu_header.
--------------------------------
here is the Callers graph

main ---> it goes to worker()
            run_stage = POSTINIT;
            retval = boinc_init();
            if ( !retval ) worker();    <-------

worker.cpp(239): retval = read_wu_state();    <------

read_wu_state()  <--------
Calls to 'seti_parse_wu'   ----->
worker.cpp(136): retval = seti_parse_wu( f, analysis_state );
Calls to 'seti_parse_wu_header'   ----->
seti.cpp(1004): retval = seti_parse_wu_header( f );
before the statement
    buffer += buf;
debugger show: --->
+      buf   0x0012edc4 "</workunit_header>
"   char [256]
+      buffer   "<workunit_header>
  <name>01mr99ab.14893.2848.703400.3.151</name>
  <group_info>
    <tape_info>
      <name>01mr99ab</name>
      <start_time>2451239.5778227</start_time>
      <last_block_time>2451239.5778227</last_block_time>
      <last_block_done>2848</last_block_done>
      <missed>0</missed>
      <tape_quality>0</tape_quality>
      <sb_id>0</sb_id>
    </tape_info>
    <nam   std::basic_string<char,std::char_traits<char>,std::allocator<char> >

...... the whole WU is filled in last shows --->
<subband_desc>
  <number>151</number>
  <center>1418978879.8359</center>
  <base>1418974607.375</base>
  <sample_rate>9765.625</sample_rate>
</subband_desc>
<sb_id>0</sb_id>
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
after the statement above we can see tha last entry

</workunit_header>

is done now..... so far OK

if ( wu ) delete wu;
    wu = new workunit( buffer );   <-------------- here is a problem

buffer is filled properly
it starts with --->
<workunit_header>
  <name>01mr99ab.14893.2848.703400.3.151</name>
  <group_info>
    <tape_info>
      <name>01mr99ab</name>
      <start_time>2451239.5778227</start_time>
ended with
<subband_desc>
  <number>151</number>
  <center>1418978879.8359</center>
  <base>1418974607.375</base>
  <sample_rate>9765.625</sample_rate>
</subband_desc>
<sb_id>0</sb_id>
</workunit_header>
-------------------------------------------------------
ok
now we entry the statement
and switch to dbgnew.cpp
55     void *res = _nh_malloc_dbg( cb, 1, nBlockUse, szFileName, nLine );
we see all parameters are properly filled
      cb   1544   unsigned int
      nBlockUse   1   int
      nLine   254   int
      res   0x00000000   void *
+      szFileName   0x005db0e8 "..\seti_header.cpp"   const char *

now we execute 55
we switch to dbgheap.c
269         void * pvBlk = _nh_malloc_dbg_impl(nSize, nhFlag, nBlockUse, szFileName, nLine, &errno_tmp);
we see all parameter are properly filled
+      &errno_tmp   0x0012ec8c   int *
      errno_tmp   0   int
      nBlockUse   1   int
      nLine   254   int
      nSize   1544   unsigned int
      nhFlag   1   int
      pvBlk   0x0012edc5   void *
now we execute 269
we switch to
239             pvBlk = _heap_alloc_dbg_impl(nSize, nBlockUse, szFileName, nLine, errno_tmp);
all parameters are properly filled
+      errno_tmp   0x0012ec8c   int *
      nBlockUse   1   int
      nLine   254   int
      nSize   1544   unsigned int
      nhFlag   1   int
      pvBlk   0x00000001   void *
and execute 239
and come back
      pvBlk   0x0037ab58   void *
how we can see pvBlk is filled
allocation was sucessful and we came back from dbgnew.cpp
66    return res;
      res   0x0037ab58   void *
so we go on and come to xmemory
   pointer allocate(size_type _Count)
      {   // allocate array of _Count elements
      return (_Allocate(_Count, (pointer)0));
debug shows ---->
      _Count   7248   unsigned int
we switch to dbgheap
269         void * pvBlk = _nh_malloc_dbg_impl(nSize, nhFlag, nBlockUse, szFileName, nLine, &errno_tmp);
and see parameters are not properly filled
+      &errno_tmp   0x0012e9a4   int *
      errno_tmp   0   int
      nBlockUse   1   int
      nLine   0   int
      nSize   7248   unsigned int
      nhFlag   0   int
      pvBlk   0x0012ebd4   void *
+      szFileName   0x00000000 <Bad Ptr>   const char *
-------------------------
szFileName has bad pointer
we switch to
239             pvBlk = _heap_alloc_dbg_impl(nSize, nBlockUse, szFileName, nLine, errno_tmp);
+      errno_tmp   0x0012e9a4   int *
      nBlockUse   1   int
      nLine   0   int
      nhFlag   0   int
      pvBlk   0x00000000   void *
--------------------
and execute
and came back to xmemory
   pointer allocate(size_type _Count)
      {   // allocate array of _Count elements
      return (_Allocate(_Count, (pointer)0));
      }
+      this   0x0012ec74   std::allocator<char> * const
and execute
come now to dbgheap.c
429                     pHead = (_CrtMemBlockHeader *)_heap_alloc_base(blockSize);
debugger shows --->
      blockSize   7284   unsigned int
+      pHead   0x7c91ee18 {pBlockHeaderNext=0x83ec8b55 pBlockHeaderPrev=0x565308ec szFileName=0x8bfc5557 <Bad Ptr> ...}   _CrtMemBlockHeader *
and execute
come now to malloc.c
121     if (__active_heap == __SYSTEM_HEAP) {
122        return HeapAlloc(_crtheap, 0, size ? size : 1);
debug shows --->
      __active_heap   1   int
      _crtheap   0x00370000   void *
      size   7284   unsigned int
and execute
and come back to dbgheap
429                     pHead = (_CrtMemBlockHeader *)_heap_alloc_base(blockSize);
debug shows ---->
&#135;      _heap_alloc_base returned   0x01220048   void *
+      pHead   0x7c91ee18 {pBlockHeaderNext=0x83ec8b55 pBlockHeaderPrev=0x565308ec szFileName=0x8bfc5557 <Bad Ptr> ...}   _CrtMemBlockHeader *
------------------
and execute
switch to
debug shows ---->
&#135;      _heap_alloc_dbg_impl returned   0x01220068   void *
+      errno_tmp   0x0012e884   int *
      nBlockUse   1   int
      nLine   0   int
      nhFlag   0   int
--------------
and execute
come to dbgheap.c
debug shows ---->
+      pHead   0x00000000 {pBlockHeaderNext=??? pBlockHeaderPrev=??? szFileName=??? ...}   _CrtMemBlockHeader *
--------------
and execute
and switch to  malloc.c
122         return HeapAlloc(_crtheap, 0, size ? size : 1);   <------here
debug shows --->
      __active_heap   1   int
and get in 122 ----->
Unhandled exception at 0x7c91eddd in seti_boinc.exe: 0xC0000005: Access violation writing location 0x00030ffc.
wieso da nach  0x00030ffc geschrieben wird ist mir noch unklar
there again the errors:
First-chance exception at 0x7c93a321 in seti_boinc.exe: 0xC00000FD: Stack overflow.
First-chance exception at 0x7c812a7b in seti_boinc.exe: Microsoft C++ exception: std::bad_alloc at memory location 0x000337e4..
First-chance exception at 0x7c91eddd in seti_boinc.exe: 0xC0000005: Access violation writing location 0x00030ffc.
Unhandled exception at 0x7c91eddd in seti_boinc.exe: 0xC0000005: Access violation writing location 0x00030ffc.
------------------------------------------------

we look after blockSize
found in dbgheap.c line 421
421                     blockSize = sizeof(_CrtMemBlockHeader) + nSize + nNoMansLandSize;
debug shows ----->
nSize = 7248
_CrtMemBlockHeader = {pBlockHeaderNext=??? pBlockHeaderPrev=??? szFileName=??? ...}
blockSize = 7284
nNoMansLandSize ----> can´t find it
--------------------------------------------------

uhhhhhhhhhh.... must search
any suggestions ???

heinz

Offline Urs Echternacht

• Volunteer Developer
  • Knight who says 'Ni!'
  • ++
« Reply #7 on: 12 Jul 2007, 06:35:16 pm »
The test shows that there are problems in seti_parse_wu_header.
--------------
and execute
and switch to  malloc.c
122         return HeapAlloc(_crtheap, 0, size ? size : 1);   <------here
debug shows --->
      __active_heap   1   int
and get in 122 ----->
wieso da nach  0x00030ffc geschrieben wird ist mir noch unklar
there again the errors:
First-chance exception at 0x7c93a321 in seti_boinc.exe: 0xC00000FD: Stack overflow.
First-chance exception at 0x7c812a7b in seti_boinc.exe: Microsoft C++ exception: std::bad_alloc at memory location 0x000337e4..
First-chance exception at 0x7c91eddd in seti_boinc.exe: 0xC0000005: Access violation writing location 0x00030ffc.
------------------------------------------------

we look after blockSize
found in dbgheap.c line 421
421                     blockSize = sizeof(_CrtMemBlockHeader) + nSize + nNoMansLandSize;
debug shows ----->
nSize = 7248
_CrtMemBlockHeader = {pBlockHeaderNext=??? pBlockHeaderPrev=??? szFileName=??? ...}
blockSize = 7284
nNoMansLandSize ----> can´t find it

uhhhhhhhhhh.... must search
any suggestions ???

heinz

A possible explanation to read abaout your problem you can find here (VS6) or if you search at msdn.
_\|/_
U r s

Offline _heinz

• Volunteer Developer
  • Knight who says 'Ni!'
« Reply #8 on: 13 Jul 2007, 08:15:57 am »
Merci Urs ,

made this short sample and look what is going on there. It works, no error occured....means testsystem works correct.
 int main(int argc, char* argv[])
{
   char *buffer = new char[12];

delete [] buffer;

return 0;
}
reading the documentation of this problem in Codeguru...
looking now... searching differences....
Heinz

Offline _heinz

• Volunteer Developer
  • Knight who says 'Ni!'
« Reply #9 on: 16 Jul 2007, 08:34:55 am »
Compiled the whole stuff now new again
------------------------------------------------------------
------ Rebuild All started: Project: setiboincdb, Configuration: Release32-NOGFX Win32 ------
Deleting intermediate and output files for project 'setiboincdb', configuration 'Release32-NOGFX|Win32'
Compiling...
sqlblob.cpp
xml_util.cpp
sqlrow.cpp
sqlint8.cpp
Generating Code...
c:\i\sc\vs90\seti_boinc_2k3_2.2b-ben-joe\db\xml_util.cpp(663) : warning C4717: 'xml_match_tag' : recursive on all control paths, function will cause runtime stack overflow
c:\i\sc\vs90\seti_boinc_2k3_2.2b-ben-joe\db\xml_util.cpp(689) : warning C4717: 'xml_find_tag' : recursive on all control paths, function will cause runtime stack overflow
Creating library...
Microsoft (R) Library Manager Version 9.00.20404
"/OUT:.\Release32-NOGFX\setiboincdb.lib" "/LIBPATH:C:\I\SC\vs90\seti_boinc_2k3_2.2B-Ben-Joe\client\win_build\Release32-NOGFX"
".\Release32-NOGFX\sqlint8.obj"
sqlint8.obj : warning LNK4221: no public symbols found; archive member will be inaccessible
setiboincdb - 0 error(s), 3 warning(s)
------ Rebuild All started: Project: Optimizer, Configuration: Release32-NOGFX Win32 ------
Deleting intermediate and output files for project 'Optimizer', configuration 'Release32-NOGFX|Win32'
Compiling...
cl /Od /Ob2 /Oi /Ot /Oy /GT /I "../../../boinc/win_build" /I ".." /I "..\.." /I "..\..\..\boinc\lib" /I "../../../boinc/api" /I "../../db" /I "C:\I\SC\vs90\seti_boinc_2k3_2.2B-Ben-Joe\client\Optimizer" /I "C:\I\INTEL\IPP\5.2_beta\ia32\tools\staticlib" /I "C:\I\INTEL\IPP\5.2_beta\ia32\include" /D "USE_IPP" /D "USE_SSE2" /D "WIN32" /D "_WIN32" /D "_WINDOWS" /D "_CONSOLE" /D "_DEBUG" /D "_LIB" /D "_MT" /D "CLIENT" /D "NBOINC_APP_GRAPHICS" /D "_UNICODE" /D "UNICODE" /D "_VC80_UPGRADE=0x0710" /D "_MBCS" /GF /FD /EHsc /MTd /Zp16 /Gy /Fo"Release32-NOGFX\\" /Fd"Release32-NOGFX\vc90.pdb" /W3 /c /Wp64 /Zi /Gd /TP /FI "win-config.h" ".\AKfoldSSE.cpp"
   ".\opt_VIS2.cpp"
   ".\opt_VIS.cpp"
   ".\opt_SSE2.cpp"
   ".\opt_SSE.cpp"
   ".\opt_os_interface.cpp"
   ".\opt_MMX.cpp"
   ".\opt_MDMX.cpp"
   ".\opt_FPU.cpp"
   ".\opt_altivec.cpp"
   ".\opt_3Dnow.cpp"
   ".\opt_3Dnow+.cpp"
   ".\memspeed.cpp"
   ".\FoldTst.cpp"
   ".\cpuid_tbl.cpp"
   ".\cpu_x86.cpp"
   ".\BHSSEfold.cpp"
   ".\benchmark.cpp"
AKfoldSSE.cpp
-----IPP-----
-----SSE2/em-----
opt_VIS2.cpp
opt_VIS.cpp
opt_SSE2.cpp
opt_SSE.cpp
.\opt_SSE.cpp(147) : warning C4311: 'type cast' : pointer truncation from 'const float *__w64 ' to 'unsigned int'
opt_os_interface.cpp
.\opt_os_interface.cpp(92) : warning C4552: '<<' : operator has no effect; expected operator with side-effect
opt_MMX.cpp
opt_MDMX.cpp
opt_FPU.cpp
opt_altivec.cpp
opt_3Dnow.cpp
opt_3Dnow+.cpp
memspeed.cpp
FoldTst.cpp
cpuid_tbl.cpp
cpu_x86.cpp
.\cpu_x86.cpp(549) : warning C4311: 'type cast' : pointer truncation from 'void *' to 'uint32'
.\cpu_x86.cpp(550) : warning C4312: 'type cast' : conversion from 'uint32' to 'void *' of greater size
BHSSEfold.cpp
-----IPP-----
-----SSE2/em-----
benchmark.cpp
-----IPP-----
-----SSE2-----
-----ipp-----
-----sse2-----
Generating Code...
c:\i\sc\vs90\seti_boinc_2k3_2.2b-ben-joe\client\optimizer\memspeed.cpp(133) : warning C4700: uninitialized local variable 'sum1' used
c:\i\sc\vs90\seti_boinc_2k3_2.2b-ben-joe\client\optimizer\memspeed.cpp(134) : warning C4700: uninitialized local variable 'sum2' used
c:\i\sc\vs90\seti_boinc_2k3_2.2b-ben-joe\client\optimizer\memspeed.cpp(163) : warning C4700: uninitialized local variable 'sum1' used
c:\i\sc\vs90\seti_boinc_2k3_2.2b-ben-joe\client\optimizer\memspeed.cpp(164) : warning C4700: uninitialized local variable 'sum2' used
c:\i\sc\vs90\seti_boinc_2k3_2.2b-ben-joe\client\optimizer\memspeed.cpp(193) : warning C4700: uninitialized local variable 'tmp1' used
c:\i\sc\vs90\seti_boinc_2k3_2.2b-ben-joe\client\optimizer\memspeed.cpp(194) : warning C4700: uninitialized local variable 'tmp2' used
c:\i\sc\vs90\seti_boinc_2k3_2.2b-ben-joe\client\optimizer\memspeed.cpp(195) : warning C4700: uninitialized local variable 'sum1' used
c:\i\sc\vs90\seti_boinc_2k3_2.2b-ben-joe\client\optimizer\memspeed.cpp(196) : warning C4700: uninitialized local variable 'sum2' used
c:\i\sc\vs90\seti_boinc_2k3_2.2b-ben-joe\client\optimizer\memspeed.cpp(234) : warning C4700: uninitialized local variable 'sum1' used
c:\i\sc\vs90\seti_boinc_2k3_2.2b-ben-joe\client\optimizer\memspeed.cpp(235) : warning C4700: uninitialized local variable 'sum2' used
c:\i\sc\vs90\seti_boinc_2k3_2.2b-ben-joe\client\optimizer\memspeed.cpp(271) : warning C4700: uninitialized local variable 'sum1' used
c:\i\sc\vs90\seti_boinc_2k3_2.2b-ben-joe\client\optimizer\memspeed.cpp(272) : warning C4700: uninitialized local variable 'sum2' used
c:\i\sc\vs90\seti_boinc_2k3_2.2b-ben-joe\client\optimizer\memspeed.cpp(324) : warning C4700: uninitialized local variable 'sum1' used
c:\i\sc\vs90\seti_boinc_2k3_2.2b-ben-joe\client\optimizer\memspeed.cpp(351) : warning C4700: uninitialized local variable 'sum1' used
c:\i\sc\vs90\seti_boinc_2k3_2.2b-ben-joe\client\optimizer\memspeed.cpp(377) : warning C4700: uninitialized local variable 'sum1' used
c:\i\sc\vs90\seti_boinc_2k3_2.2b-ben-joe\client\optimizer\memspeed.cpp(402) : warning C4700: uninitialized local variable 'sum1' used
c:\i\sc\vs90\seti_boinc_2k3_2.2b-ben-joe\client\optimizer\opt_3dnow.cpp(105) : warning C4730: 'amd_tableSum2' : mixing _m64 and floating point expressions may result in incorrect code
c:\i\sc\vs90\seti_boinc_2k3_2.2b-ben-joe\client\optimizer\opt_3dnow.cpp(103) : warning C4730: 'amd_tableSum2' : mixing _m64 and floating point expressions may result in incorrect code
c:\i\sc\vs90\seti_boinc_2k3_2.2b-ben-joe\client\optimizer\opt_3dnow.cpp(148) : warning C4730: 'amd_f_sum' : mixing _m64 and floating point expressions may result in incorrect code
c:\i\sc\vs90\seti_boinc_2k3_2.2b-ben-joe\client\optimizer\opt_sse2.cpp(404) : warning C4700: uninitialized local variable 'temp0' used
c:\i\sc\vs90\seti_boinc_2k3_2.2b-ben-joe\client\optimizer\opt_sse2.cpp(405) : warning C4700: uninitialized local variable 'temp1' used
c:\i\sc\vs90\seti_boinc_2k3_2.2b-ben-joe\client\optimizer\opt_sse2.cpp(406) : warning C4700: uninitialized local variable 'temp2' used
c:\i\sc\vs90\seti_boinc_2k3_2.2b-ben-joe\client\optimizer\opt_sse2.cpp(407) : warning C4700: uninitialized local variable 'temp3' used
Compiling...
cl /Od /Ob2 /Oi /Ot /Oy /GT /I "../../../boinc/win_build" /I ".." /I "..\.." /I "..\..\..\boinc\lib" /I "../../../boinc/api" /I "../../db" /I "C:\I\SC\vs90\seti_boinc_2k3_2.2B-Ben-Joe\client\Optimizer" /I "C:\I\INTEL\IPP\5.2_beta\ia32\tools\staticlib" /I "C:\I\INTEL\IPP\5.2_beta\ia32\include" /D "USE_IPP" /D "USE_SSE2" /D "WIN32" /D "_WIN32" /D "_WINDOWS" /D "_CONSOLE" /D "_DEBUG" /D "_LIB" /D "_MT" /D "CLIENT" /D "NBOINC_APP_GRAPHICS" /D "_UNICODE" /D "UNICODE" /D "_VC80_UPGRADE=0x0710" /D "_MBCS" /GF /FD /EHsc /MTd /Zp16 /Gy /FA /Fa"Release32-NOGFX\\" /Fo"Release32-NOGFX\\" /Fd"Release32-NOGFX\vc90.pdb" /W3 /c /Wp64 /Zi /Gd /TP /FI "win-config.h" /fp:fast
   ".\opt_unopt.cpp"
opt_unopt.cpp
Compiling...
cl /Od /Ob2 /Oi /Ot /Oy /GT /I "../../../boinc/win_build" /I ".." /I "..\.." /I "..\..\..\boinc\lib" /I "../../../boinc/api" /I "../../db" /I "C:\I\SC\vs90\seti_boinc_2k3_2.2B-Ben-Joe\client\Optimizer" /I "C:\I\INTEL\IPP\5.2_beta\ia32\tools\staticlib" /I "C:\I\INTEL\IPP\5.2_beta\ia32\include" /D "USE_SSE3" /D "USE_IPP" /D "USE_SSE2" /D "WIN32" /D "_WIN32" /D "_WINDOWS" /D "_CONSOLE" /D "_DEBUG" /D "_LIB" /D "_MT" /D "CLIENT" /D "NBOINC_APP_GRAPHICS" /D "_UNICODE" /D "UNICODE" /D "_VC80_UPGRADE=0x0710" /D "_MBCS" /GF /FD /EHsc /MTd /Zp16 /Gy /Fo"Release32-NOGFX\\" /Fd"Release32-NOGFX\vc90.pdb" /W3 /c /Wp64 /Zi /Gd /TP /FI "win-config.h" ".\opt_SSE3.cpp"
opt_SSE3.cpp
Creating library...
Microsoft (R) Library Manager Version 9.00.20404
"/OUT:C:\I\SC\vs90\seti_boinc_2k3_2.2B-Ben-Joe\client\win_build\Release32-NOGFX/Optimizer.lib" "/LIBPATH:C:\I\SC\vs90\seti_boinc_2k3_2.2B-Ben-Joe\client\Optimizer\Release32-NOGFX" "/LIBPATH:C:\I\SC\vs90\seti_boinc_2k3_2.2B-Ben-Joe\client\win_build\Release32-NOGFX" Kernel32.Lib
".\Release32-NOGFX\AKfoldSSE.obj"
".\Release32-NOGFX\benchmark.obj"
".\Release32-NOGFX\BHSSEfold.obj"
".\Release32-NOGFX\cpu_x86.obj"
".\Release32-NOGFX\cpuid_tbl.obj"
".\Release32-NOGFX\FoldTst.obj"
".\Release32-NOGFX\memspeed.obj"
".\Release32-NOGFX\opt_3Dnow+.obj"
".\Release32-NOGFX\opt_3Dnow.obj"
".\Release32-NOGFX\opt_altivec.obj"
".\Release32-NOGFX\opt_FPU.obj"
".\Release32-NOGFX\opt_MDMX.obj"
".\Release32-NOGFX\opt_MMX.obj"
".\Release32-NOGFX\opt_os_interface.obj"
".\Release32-NOGFX\opt_SSE.obj"
".\Release32-NOGFX\opt_SSE2.obj"
".\Release32-NOGFX\opt_SSE3.obj"
".\Release32-NOGFX\opt_unopt.obj"
".\Release32-NOGFX\opt_VIS.obj"
".\Release32-NOGFX\opt_VIS2.obj"
opt_VIS.obj : warning LNK4221: no public symbols found; archive member will be inaccessible
opt_MDMX.obj : warning LNK4221: no public symbols found; archive member will be inaccessible
opt_altivec.obj : warning LNK4221: no public symbols found; archive member will be inaccessible
opt_3Dnow+.obj : warning LNK4006: "void __fastcall copy_MMX(char *,char const *,int)" (?copy_MMX@@YIXPADPBDH@Z) already defined in opt_MMX.obj; second definition ignored
Build log was saved at "file://c:\I\SC\vs90\seti_boinc_2k3_2.2B-Ben-Joe\client\Optimizer\Release32-NOGFX\BuildLog.htm"
Optimizer - 0 error(s), 31 warning(s)
------ Rebuild All started: Project: seti_boinc, Configuration: Release32-NOGFX Win32 ------
Deleting intermediate and output files for project 'seti_boinc', configuration 'Release32-NOGFX|Win32'
Compiling...
cl /Od /Ob2 /Oi /Ot /Oy /GT /I "." /I "../../../boinc/api" /I "../../../boinc/client/win" /I "../../../boinc/lib" /I ".." /I "glut" /I "C:\I\SC\vs90\seti_boinc_2k3_2.2B-Ben-Joe" /I "C:\I\SC\vs90\seti_boinc_2k3_2.2B-Ben-Joe\db" /I "C:\I\SC\vs90\seti_boinc_2k3_2.2B-Ben-Joe\glut" /I "C:\I\SC\vs90\seti_boinc_2k3_2.2B-Ben-Joe\jpeglib" /I "C:\I\SC\vs90\seti_boinc_2k3_2.2B-Ben-Joe\client" /I "C:\I\SC\vs90\seti_boinc_2k3_2.2B-Ben-Joe\client\Optimizer" /I "C:\I\SC\vs90\seti_boinc_2k3_2.2B-Ben-Joe\image_libs" /I "C:\I\SC\vs90\seti_boinc_2k3_2.2B-Ben-Joe\client\win_build" /I "C:\I\SC\vs90\seti_boinc_2k3_2.2B-Ben-Joe\client\win_build\Release32-NOGFX" /I "C:\I\SC\vs90\boinc" /I "C:\I\SC\vs90\boinc\api" /I "C:\I\SC\vs90\boinc\client\win" /I "C:\I\SC\vs90\boinc\lib" /D "WIN32" /D "_WIN32" /D "_WINDOWS" /D "NBOINC_APP_GRAPHICS" /D "CLIENT" /D "_MT" /D "USE_IPP" /D "USE_SSE2" /D "_DEBUG" /D "_VC80_UPGRADE=0x0600" /D "_MBCS" /GF /Gm /EHsc /MTd /Zp16 /Gy /Fp".\Release/seti_boinc.pch" /Fo".\Release32-NOGFX\\" /Fd".\Release32-NOGFX\vc90.pdb" /FR".\Release32-NOGFX\\" /W3 /c /Wp64 /Zi /TP "..\..\db\xml_util.cpp"
   "..\worker.cpp"
   "..\..\..\boinc\api\windows_opengl.C"
   "..\version.cpp"
   "..\..\..\boinc\lib\util.C"
   "..\timecvt.cpp"
   "..\..\image_libs\tgalib.cpp"
   "..\..\db\sqlrow.cpp"
   "..\..\db\sqlblob.cpp"
   "..\spike.cpp"
   "..\..\..\boinc\lib\shmem.C"
   "..\seti_header.cpp"
   "..\seti.cpp"
   "..\..\db\schema_master.cpp"
   "..\sah_gfx_base.cpp"
   "..\sah_gfx.cpp"
   "..\s_util.cpp"
   "..\pulsefind.cpp"
   "..\progress.cpp"
   "..\..\..\boinc\lib\parse.C"
   "..\malloc_a.cpp"
   "..\main.cpp"
   "..\lcgamm.cpp"
   "..\..\..\boinc\api\gutil.C"
   "..\..\..\boinc\api\graphics_data.C"
   "..\..\..\boinc\api\graphics_api.C"
   "..\gdata.cpp"
   "..\gaussfit.cpp"
   "..\..\..\boinc\lib\filesys.C"
   "..\fft8g.cpp"
   "..\chirpfft.cpp"
   "..\..\..\boinc\api\boinc_api.C"
   "..\..\..\boinc\lib\app_ipc.C"
   "..\analyzeReport.cpp"
   "..\analyzePoT.cpp"
analyzePoT.cpp
--- BenSpectrum ---
analyzeReport.cpp
app_ipc.C
boinc_api.C
chirpfft.cpp
fft8g.cpp
filesys.C
gaussfit.cpp
gdata.cpp
graphics_api.C
graphics_data.C
gutil.C
lcgamm.cpp
main.cpp
malloc_a.cpp
parse.C
progress.cpp
pulsefind.cpp
s_util.cpp
sah_gfx.cpp
Generating Code...
Compiling...
sah_gfx_base.cpp
schema_master.cpp
seti.cpp
seti_header.cpp
..\seti_header.cpp(93) : warning C4267: 'initializing' : conversion from 'size_t' to 'int', possible loss of data
shmem.C
spike.cpp
sqlblob.cpp
sqlrow.cpp
tgalib.cpp
timecvt.cpp
util.C
version.cpp
windows_opengl.C
worker.cpp
xml_util.cpp
Generating Code...
Compiling...
cl /Od /Ob2 /Oi /Ot /Oy /GT /I "." /I "../../../boinc/api" /I "../../../boinc/client/win" /I "../../../boinc/lib" /I ".." /I "glut" /I "C:\I\SC\vs90\seti_boinc_2k3_2.2B-Ben-Joe" /I "C:\I\SC\vs90\seti_boinc_2k3_2.2B-Ben-Joe\db" /I "C:\I\SC\vs90\seti_boinc_2k3_2.2B-Ben-Joe\glut" /I "C:\I\SC\vs90\seti_boinc_2k3_2.2B-Ben-Joe\jpeglib" /I "C:\I\SC\vs90\seti_boinc_2k3_2.2B-Ben-Joe\client" /I "C:\I\SC\vs90\seti_boinc_2k3_2.2B-Ben-Joe\client\Optimizer" /I "C:\I\SC\vs90\seti_boinc_2k3_2.2B-Ben-Joe\image_libs" /I "C:\I\SC\vs90\seti_boinc_2k3_2.2B-Ben-Joe\client\win_build" /I "C:\I\SC\vs90\seti_boinc_2k3_2.2B-Ben-Joe\client\win_build\Release32-NOGFX" /I "C:\I\SC\vs90\boinc" /I "C:\I\SC\vs90\boinc\api" /I "C:\I\SC\vs90\boinc\client\win" /I "C:\I\SC\vs90\boinc\lib" /D "WIN32" /D "_WIN32" /D "_WINDOWS" /D "NBOINC_APP_GRAPHICS" /D "CLIENT" /D "_MT" /D "USE_IPP" /D "USE_SSE2" /D "_DEBUG" /D "_VC80_UPGRADE=0x0600" /D "_MBCS" /GF /Gm /EHsc /MTd /Zp16 /Gy /Fp".\Release/seti_boinc.pch" /Fo".\Release32-NOGFX\\" /Fd".\Release32-NOGFX\vc90.pdb" /FR".\Release32-NOGFX\\" /W3 /c /Wp64 /Zi /TP "..\analyzeFuncs.cpp"
analyzeFuncs.cpp
-----IPP-----
-----SSE2-----
Linking...
"/OUT:.\Release32-NOGFX\seti_boinc.exe" "/LIBPATH:C:\I\SC\vs90\seti_boinc_2k3_2.2B-Ben-Joe\client\Optimizer\Release32-NOGFX" "/LIBPATH:C:\I\SC\vs90\seti_boinc_2k3_2.2B-Ben-Joe\client\win_build\Release32-NOGFX" "/LIBPATH:C:\I\INTEL\IPP\5.2_beta\ia32\lib" "/LIBPATH:C:\I\INTEL\MKL\9.0\ia32\lib" "/LIBPATH:C:\I\VS9\VC\lib" "/LIBPATH:C:\masm32\lib" "/LIBPATH:C:\I\SDK\Lib" "/LIBPATH:C:\masm32\m32lib" "/LIBPATH:C:\I\SDK\Lib\IA64" "/LIBPATH:C:\I\SDK\Lib\AMD64" /MANIFEST:NO "/MANIFESTUAC:level='asInvoker' uiAccess='false'" /DEBUG "/PDB:c:\I\SC\vs90\seti_boinc_2k3_2.2B-Ben-Joe\client\win_build\Release32-NOGFX\seti_boinc.pdb" /MAP /SUBSYSTEM:WINDOWS /DYNAMICBASE:NO /MACHINE:X86 glut32.lib glu32.lib Optimizer.lib image_libs.lib jpeglib.lib libboinc.lib libboincapi.lib non_ICC.lib setiboincdb.lib ippsmerged.lib ippvmmerged.lib ippchmerged.lib ippcorel.lib delayimp.lib libcpmtd.lib WinMM.lib OpenGL32.lib Kernel32.Lib oldnames.lib user32.lib gdi32.lib winspool.lib comdlg32.lib advapi32.lib shell32.lib ole32.lib oleaut32.lib uuid.lib
seti_boinc - 0 error(s), 3 warning(s)
------ Rebuild All started: Project: libboincapi, Configuration: Release32-NOGFX Win32 ------
Deleting intermediate and output files for project 'libboincapi', configuration 'Release32-NOGFX|Win32'
Compiling...
boinc_api.C
windows_opengl.C
texture.C
reduce_main.C
reduce_lib.C
gutil_text.C
gutil.C
graphics_impl.C
graphics_data.C
graphics_api.C
Generating Code...
Creating library...
libboincapi - 0 error(s), 0 warning(s)
------ Rebuild All started: Project: libboinc, Configuration: Release32-NOGFX Win32 ------
Deleting intermediate and output files for project 'libboinc', configuration 'Release32-NOGFX|Win32'
Compiling...
app_ipc.C
util.C
stackwalker_win.cpp
shmem.C
proxy_info.C
prefs.C
parse.C
miofile.C
mfile.C
mem_usage.C
md5_file.C
md5.c
hostinfo.C
filesys.C
diagnostics_win.C
diagnostics.C
Generating Code...
Creating library...
libboinc - 0 error(s), 0 warning(s)
------ Rebuild All started: Project: jpeglib, Configuration: Release32-NOGFX Win32 ------
Deleting intermediate and output files for project 'jpeglib', configuration 'Release32-NOGFX|Win32'
Compiling...
jcapimin.c
rdtarga.c
rdswitch.c
rdrle.c
rdppm.c
rdgif.c
rdcolmap.c
rdbmp.c
jutils.c
jquant2.c
jquant1.c
jmemnobs.c
jmemmgr.c
jidctred.c
jidctint.c
jidctfst.c
jidctflt.c
jfdctint.c
jfdctfst.c
jfdctflt.c
Generating Code...
Compiling...
jerror.c
jdtrans.c
jdsample.c
jdpostct.c
jdphuff.c
jdmerge.c
jdmaster.c
jdmarker.c
jdmainct.c
jdinput.c
jdhuff.c
jddctmgr.c
jdcolor.c
jdcoefct.c
jdatasrc.c
jdatadst.c
jdapistd.c
jdapimin.c
jctrans.c
jcsample.c
Generating Code...
Compiling...
jcprepct.c
jcphuff.c
jcparam.c
jcomapi.c
jcmaster.c
jcmarker.c
jcmainct.c
jcinit.c
jchuff.c
jcdctmgr.c
jccolor.c
jccoefct.c
jcapistd.c
Generating Code...
Creating library...
jpeglib - 0 error(s), 0 warning(s)
------ Rebuild All started: Project: image_libs, Configuration: Release32-NOGFX Win32 ------
Deleting intermediate and output files for project 'image_libs', configuration 'Release32-NOGFX|Win32'
Compiling...
bmplib.cpp
tgalib.cpp
Generating Code...
Creating library...
image_libs - 0 error(s), 0 warning(s)
------ Rebuild All started: Project: glut32, Configuration: Release32-NOGFX Win32 ------
Deleting intermediate and output files for project 'glut32', configuration 'Release32-NOGFX|Win32'
Compiling...
glut_roman.c
win32_x11.c
win32_util.c
win32_glx.c
glut_swidth.c
glut_stroke.c
Generating Code...
Creating library...
glut32 - 0 error(s), 0 warning(s)
------ Rebuild All started: Project: non_ICC, Configuration: Release32-NOGFX Win32 ------
Deleting intermediate and output files for project 'non_ICC', configuration 'Release32-NOGFX|Win32'
Compiling...
cl : Command line warning D9025 : overriding '/Od' with '/O2'
cl : Command line warning D9035 : option 'Og' has been deprecated and will be removed in a future release
dummy_code.cpp
Creating library...
Build log was saved at "file://c:\I\SC\vs90\seti_boinc_2k3_2.2B-Ben-Joe\client\non_ICC\Release32-NOGFX\BuildLog.htm"
non_ICC - 0 error(s), 2 warning(s)
========== Rebuild All: 9 succeeded, 0 failed, 0 skipped ==========

Offline Simon

• Ni!
  • Knight who says 'Ni!'
    • Is it a bird? Is it a plane? No...its-the.net!
« Reply #10 on: 16 Jul 2007, 01:20:12 pm »
Hallo Heinz,

have you managed to run some WUs successfully with the apps you compiled on VS Orcas/2008?

Regards,
Simon.

Offline _heinz

• Volunteer Developer
  • Knight who says 'Ni!'
« Reply #11 on: 17 Jul 2007, 08:16:20 am »
Hi Simon,
answering your question: no till now.
In both applications the program runs into the same error with the allocation during     retval = seti_parse_wu_header( f ); in seti.cpp
-------------
seti_header.cpp
254     wu = new workunit( buffer ); //seti_britta:here I have a problem
--------------
if we left xml_matchtag the last time, s is filled with the complete WU inclusive </workunit_header> means the wu is complete.
then we switch to xstring.c
   __CLR_OR_THIS_CALL basic_string(const _Elem *_Ptr)
      : _Mybase()
      {   // construct from [_Ptr, <null>)
      _Tidy();
      assign(_Ptr);
      }
and _Ptr points to the beginning of the wu.
--------------------------------------------------------------
then to xstring
1074       if (_Grow(_Count))
         {   // make room and assign new stuff
         _Traits_helper::copy_s<_Traits>(_Myptr(), _Myres, _Ptr, _Count);
         _Eos(_Count);
         }
_Count shows:
      _Count   7232   unsigned int
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
then to xstring
2123      _Copy(_Newsize, _Mysize);   // reallocate to grow
_Newsize shows:
      _Newsize   7232   unsigned int
then to xstring
2093    _Ptr = _Mybase::_Alval.allocate(_Newres + 1);
_Newres shows:
      _Newres   7247   unsigned int
then to xmemory 145
143   pointer allocate(size_type _Count)
144      {   // allocate array of _Count elements
145      return (_Allocate(_Count, (pointer)0));
146      }
_Count shows:
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
then to xmemory 43
      // allocate storage for _Count elements of type _Ty
43   return ((_Ty _FARQ *)::operator new(_Count * sizeof (_Ty)));
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
then to new.cpp 59
59        while ((p = malloc(size)) == 0)
      size   7248   unsigned int
      p   0x0003195c   void *
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
then to dbgmalloc 56
56        void *res = _nh_malloc_dbg(nSize, _newmode, _NORMAL_BLOCK, NULL, 0);
      res   0x00031a74   void *
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
then to dbgheap.c 296
296        void * pvBlk = _nh_malloc_dbg_impl(nSize, nhFlag, nBlockUse, szFileName, nLine, &errno_tmp);
      nhFlag   0   int
      nBlockUse   1   int
      nLine   0   int
      pvBlk   0x0062d2a8   void *
      errno_tmp   0   int
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
then to dbgheap.c 239
239            pvBlk = _heap_alloc_dbg_impl(nSize, nBlockUse, szFileName, nLine, errno_tmp);
      nhFlag   0   int
      nBlockUse   1   int
      nLine   0   int
+      errno_tmp   0x000317a4   int *
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
then to dbgheap.c 429
429                    pHead = (_CrtMemBlockHeader *)_heap_alloc_base(blockSize);
      nBlockUse   1   int
      nLine   0   int
+      errno_tmp   0x000317a4   int *
      lRequest   7306   long
+      pHead   0x00000000 {pBlockHeaderNext=??? pBlockHeaderPrev=??? szFileName=??? ...}   _CrtMemBlockHeader *
      retval   0x00000000   void *
      fIgnore   0   int
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
then to malloc.c 129
129        return HeapAlloc(_crtheap, 0, size ? size : 1); <------problem app crashes
      pvReturn   0x00000001   void *
the errors from output:
---------------------------------------------------
I did read the hints from Urs, but till now I did not found a solution of this problem...
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
regards heinz

Offline _heinz

• Volunteer Developer
  • Knight who says 'Ni!'
« Reply #12 on: 30 Jul 2007, 05:05:21 pm »
Hi all,
At the moment I´m testing the mmx client.
be patient, work is going on.

regards heinz

Gecko_R7

« Reply #13 on: 30 Jul 2007, 08:08:26 pm »
Hi all,
At the moment I╢m testing the mmx client.
be patient, work is going on.

regards heinz

Very cool Heinz! Good luck!

Offline _heinz

• Volunteer Developer
  • Knight who says 'Ni!'
« Reply #14 on: 22 Sep 2007, 04:49:47 pm »
Hi folks,
the summer and the vacations are over so I am back.
my diskless dual 200MMX is now in the case and running again.

pulsefind.cpp ---> its necessary to have a look on it to make some optimizations.

regards heinz~seti_britta

Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.

Forgot your password?
Members
Total Members: 97
Latest: ToeBee
New This Month: 0
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 59559