Forum > Windows

Automatic test and benchmark package - includes installer (BETA)!

<< < (2/3) > >>

Dr.:
DO'OH ;D that happens

I cant wait to see the new software.
And if you need testers im your man :)

Roy:
Simon - first - THANK YOU for all your hard work!  I'm running your apps on my Dell Inspiron 2650 laptp, another Dell desktop (both Windows XP), an AMD box running Linux - but not yet my OLD Pentium II MMX / Linux.

I downloaded your Windows auto-install package, just so I could make sure I'd picked the fastest-for-me clients.  It worked fine on my desktop, but crashes on my laptop.

Immediately after double-clicking Beta tool, I get:
Application has generated an exception that could not be handled.
Process id-0xf6c, Thread id=0x490 (1168)

If I then click 'Cancel' to debug, I'm told that "Registered JIT debugger is not available", so I can't provide any more info.

No files are created/updated in the Test Beta directory.

Any suggestions?

Simon:
Hm,

did you install the MS .NET 1.1 package on the computer it crashes on? Sounds like it's not finding some parts it needs.

Oh, and the reason why it's trying to call a Java debugger is a mystery to me - most probably, you had or have one installed, and it registered itself as the standard debugger. The executable is Visual Basic / .NET code, not Java.

Thanks for your kind words :) Hope (re-)installing .NET helps on your second computer. I'm working on a new test application that does a little more, detecs exactly what kind of CPU you're using and automatically shares/uploads your test results. It will still use .NET though, so if this one crashes, I think the other one will too.

Regards,
Simon.

Roy:
Hmmm, still mystified.  I just fired up add/remove programs, and it says I have .Net 1.1, .Net 1.1 Hotfix, and .Net 2.0

Could the 2.0 be interfering with 1.1?

I'll try re-installing 1.1 and see if it helps.
Update:  searched the web for .Net, and found an MS suggestion for "fixing" a .Net installation.  Downloaded .Net again, and did a reinstall/repair - still get the same crash. :(

Any suggestions for more debugging?

Simon:
Not really...

.NET usually just works, and you never have to worry about it - also, 1.1 and 2.0 can coexist on the same machine.

Not sure I can do anything more for you, sorry :)

Regards,
Simon.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version