Forum > Windows

Automatic test and benchmark package - includes installer (BETA)!

(1/3) > >>

Simon:
Due to popular demand, I've created a small program that runs each of the optimized science apps and checks whether they work on your system and how long they took.

It then suggests the best one for your system and will automatically install it for you if it can find your BOINC directory (and you click the automatic install button).

Automatic test and benchmark package with installer (includes R-1.3 science applications)

If the package or installer don't work on your system, please tell me about it!

CAUTION: You will have to have the Microsoft .NET framework version 1.1 or later installed to use this application! In most cases, you will have it already.
If not, you can grab it from Microsoft.

Regards,
Simon.

Kna:
Ooops..

" Missing mscoree.dll in the specified path"
With Win2000 SP4

Simon:
That would be because you didn't install Microsoft .NET 1.1 - go get it at WindowsUpdate/Microsoft.com ;)

HTH,
Simon.

Dr.:
Hello Simon :)mi first post here

So this is for people that r not 100% on what their cpu can use(sse,mmx...)

Oh and i wanted to say Thank you for making the app's:)(mi message of thanks had ben moded at set dono why) :-\

Simon:
Thanks!

Dr., your message got removed because you posted in the announcements thread :)
That one gets cleaned of anything but messages announcing optimized applications (I did see your message, but then it got deleted).

In any case, yes, the test & benchmark tool right now is mostly for people who do not know what version to grab.

In the future, it will allow you to benchmark various different WUs and directly upload/compare your results to others as well as validate results. Following a hint from Kna, I will take a look at CPU-Z's distribution reglementation and license (because it gives a very detailed report on the hardware installed in your computer which is tough to get otherwise).

That way, I could feed my statistics totally automatically (and reduce the chance of tampering). A person would have to have a pretty high amount of knowledge to fake it (and for those peope, there's usually nothing that will ultimately stop them, anyway).

Up to now, I have manually transferred the stats into HTML pages, which is very very time-consuming and prone to transcription errors.

Regards,
Simon.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version