+- +-
Say hello if visiting :) by Gecko
11 Jan 2023, 07:43:05 pm

Seti is down again by Mike
09 Aug 2017, 10:02:44 am

Some considerations regarding OpenCL MultiBeam app tuning from algorithm view by Raistmer
11 Dec 2016, 06:30:56 am

Loading APU to the limit: performance considerations by Mike
05 Nov 2016, 06:49:26 am

Better sleep on Windows - new round by Raistmer
26 Aug 2016, 02:02:31 pm

Author Topic: optimized sources  (Read 548843 times)

Offline _heinz

• Volunteer Developer
  • Knight who says 'Ni!'
Re: optimized sources
« Reply #135 on: 12 Jun 2007, 04:25:56 pm »
Thank you Joe
found some hints in ---> « Reply #24 on: 11 Mar 2007, 05:24:07 pm » Porting Rev-2.x apps to Linux

will study this complex thema to look after a doable solution

further hints are welcome

regards seti_britta ~heinz

Offline _heinz

• Volunteer Developer
  • Knight who says 'Ni!'
« Reply #136 on: 13 Jun 2007, 11:24:33 am »
Hi all,
I use a dual monitor installation for working. My second Monitor died last night.  :'(
Today I ordered a new 22" multisync flatscreen from LG. Expected in ca. 4 days.

Offline _heinz

• Volunteer Developer
  • Knight who says 'Ni!'
« Reply #137 on: 15 Jun 2007, 04:28:11 pm »
Did downlod the Intel-Compiler 10, but use in "Visual Studio 2005 Express Edition" is still possible in the command line.  :'(    or have anybody of you other expirience with it ??

Offline Crunch3r

• Knight who says 'Ni!'
    • 64 bit boinc clients
« Reply #138 on: 15 Jun 2007, 04:50:34 pm »
Did downlod the Intel-Compiler 10, but use in "Visual Studio 2005 Express Edition" is still possible in the command line.  :'(    or have anybody of you other expirience with it ??

Sorry i think ICC only works with min. VS 2005 std. in GUI mode... never used it with express... can't help you about that one.

I want to share something with you: The three little sentences that will get you through life. Number 1: Cover for me. Number 2: Oh, good idea, Boss! Number 3: It was like that when I got here.

Homer Simpson

Offline Simon

• Ni!
  • Knight who says 'Ni!'
    • Is it a bird? Is it a plane? No...its-the.net!
« Reply #139 on: 15 Jun 2007, 06:16:49 pm »
Well, it does work using command-line and batch files in VS 2005 express. It's just that you cannot use it like with the standard VS 2005 in a GUI.

Basically, you'll have to set a few environment variables, run the appropriate icc_env.bat and ipp_env.bat inside your compilation shell for this. When you look into ICC's or IPP's directory, you'll see a "bin" directory, that's where the batch files are in.

HTH,
Simon.

Offline _heinz

• Volunteer Developer
  • Knight who says 'Ni!'
« Reply #140 on: 17 Jun 2007, 09:37:46 am »
Merci Crunch3r and Simon.
------------------------------------
It would be nice to use the Intel-Compiler with the GUI. Therefore I installed the new Microsoft Visual Studio Codename Orcas
Version 9.0.20404.0 Beta1
Microsoft .NET Framework
Version 2.0.50727
Installed Edition: Professional
----------------------------------------
Installation runs without problems. After settings the necessary paths I converted seti_boinc to the new developer environment. No problems. After that I deinstalled the Intel-Compiler, started the machine new again and installed the Intel-Compiler new to run into the new environment. Now start again the machine to see if the Intel-Compiler is now available in the GUI.
I´m surprised, no menu-point in the Solutionexplorer to convert to the Intel- environment.
It looks like to use the IntelCompiler in VisualStudio Orcas is not possible
Or I forgot to do a important step.
----------------------------------------------------
Did anybody of you use the Intel-Compiler 10.0.025 already in Orcas ???
regards

seti_britta ~heinz

Offline Simon

• Ni!
  • Knight who says 'Ni!'
« Reply #141 on: 17 Jun 2007, 10:39:24 am »
Hi Heinz,

since the new VS version is still in Beta, it's not supported by the Intel tools yet AFAIK.

HTH,
Simon.

Offline _heinz

• Volunteer Developer
  • Knight who says 'Ni!'
« Reply #142 on: 17 Jun 2007, 07:50:40 pm »
Thanks Simon,

some news: if you compile the same stuff with VS2005 and with orcas, orcas show errors where VS2005 found nothing.
uuuh....
like this:
------ Build started: Project: libboinc, Configuration: Release32-NOGFX Win32 ------
Compiling...
stackwalker_win.cpp
..\..\..\boinc\lib\stackwalker_win.cpp(614) : error C2664: 'BOOL (HANDLE,PSYM_ENUMMODULES_CALLBACK64,PVOID)' : cannot convert parameter 2 from 'overloaded-function' to 'PSYM_ENUMMODULES_CALLBACK64'
        None of the functions with this name in scope match the target type
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
614    if (!pSEM(g_hProcess, SymEnumerateModulesProc, NULL))
615    {
616        _ftprintf(stderr, _T("SymEnumerateModules64(): GetLastError = %lu\n"), gle );
617    }
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------%----
overloaded functions ---> its stress pur

Simon, ist the error above known you ??

Offline Devaster

• Volunteer Developer
  • Knight who says 'Ni!'
  • I like Duke !!!
« Reply #143 on: 17 Jun 2007, 08:31:14 pm »
When i have compiled it this line havei commented out and it was whole working  ;D

Offline _heinz

• Volunteer Developer
  • Knight who says 'Ni!'
« Reply #144 on: 17 Jun 2007, 09:24:30 pm »
VS2005
Microsoft (R) 32-Bit C/C++-Optimierungscompiler Version 14.00.50727.762 für 80x86
Copyright (C) Microsoft Corporation. Alle Rechte vorbehalten.
cl /Od /Ob2 /Oi /Ot /Oy /GT /I "C:\I\SC\seti\seti_boinc_2k3_2.2B-Ben-Joe\client\win_build\Release32-NOGFX" /I "C:\I\SC\seti\seti_boinc_2k3_2.2B-Ben-Joe\jpeglib" /I "C:\I\SC\seti\seti_boinc_2k3_2.2B-Ben-Joe\image_libs" /I "C:\I\SC\seti\seti_boinc_2k3_2.2B-Ben-Joe\glut" /I "C:\I\SC\seti\seti_boinc_2k3_2.2B-Ben-Joe\client\win_build" /I "C:\I\SC\seti\seti_boinc_2k3_2.2B-Ben-Joe\client\Optimizer" /I "C:\I\SC\seti\seti_boinc_2k3_2.2B-Ben-Joe" /I "C:\I\SC\seti\seti_boinc_2k3_2.2B-Ben-Joe\client" /I "C:\I\SC\seti\seti_boinc_2k3_2.2B-Ben-Joe\db" /I "C:\I\SC\seti\boinc\client\win" /I "C:\I\SC\seti\boinc\lib" /I "C:\I\SC\seti\boincX`pi" /I "C:\I\SC\seti\boinc" /I "." /I "../../../boinc/api" /I "../../../boinc/lib"/I ".." /I "glut" /D "WIN32" /D "_WIN32" /D "NDEBUG" /D "_WINDOWS" /D "NBOINC_APP_GRAPHICS" /D "CLIENT" /D "_MT" /D "USE_IPP" /D "USE_SSE2" /D "_VC80_UPGRADE=0x0600" /D "_MBCS" /GF /Gm /EHsc /MT /Zp16 /Gy /Fp".\Release/seti_boinc.pch" /Fo".\Release32-NOGFX\\" /Fd".\Release32-NOGFX\vc80.pdb" /FR".\Release32-NOGFX\\" /W3 /c /Wp64 /Zi /TP "..\..\db\xml_util.cpp"
   "..\worker.cpp"
seti_header.cpp
..\seti_header.cpp(93) : warning C4267: 'Initialisierung': Konvertierung von 'size_t' nach 'int', Datenverlust möglich

....next
xml_util.cpp
Code wird generiert...
c:\i\sc\seti\seti_boinc_2k3_2.2b-ben-joe\db\xml_util.cpp(663) : warning C4717: 'xml_match_tag': Rekursiv für alle Steuerelementpfade. Die Funktion verursacht einen Stapelüberlauf zur Laufzeit.
c:\i\sc\seti\seti_boinc_2k3_2.2b-ben-joe\db\xml_util.cpp(689) : warning C4717: 'xml_find_tag{;: Rekursiv für alle Steuerelementpfade. Die Funktion verursacht einen Stapelüberlauf zur Laufzeit.
Verknüpfen...
Microsoft (R) Incremental Linker Version 8.00.50727.762
Browseinformationsdatei wird erstellt...
Microsoft Browse Information Maintenance-Programm Version 8.00.50727
Copyright (C) Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.
Das Buildprotokoll wurde unter "file://c:\I\SC\seti\seti_boinc_2k3_2.2B-Ben-Joe\client\win_build\Release32-NOGFX\BuildLog.htm" gespeichert.
seti_boinc - 0 Fehler, 3 Warnung(en)
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
ORCAS
------ Rebuild All started: Project: seti_boinc, Configuration: Release32-NOGFX Win32 ------
Deleting intermediate and output files for project 'seti_boinc', configuration 'Release32-NOGFX|Win32'
Compiling...
Microsoft (R) 32-bit C/C++ Optimizing Compiler Version 15.00.20404 for 80x86
Copyright (C) Microsoft Corporation.  All rights reserved.
cl /Od /Ob2 /Oi /Ot /Oy /GT /I "C:\I\SC\vs90\seti_boinc_2k3_2.2B-Ben-Joe\client\win_build\Release32-NOGFX" /I "C:\I\SC\vs90\seti_boinc_2k3_2.2B-Ben-Joe\jpeglib" /I "C:\I\SC\vs90\seti_boinc_2k3_2.2B-Ben-Joe\image_libs" /I "C:\I\SC\vs90\seti_boinc_2k3_2.2B-Ben-Joe\glut" /I "C:\I\SC\vs90\seti_boinc_2k3_2.2B-Ben-Joe\client\win_build" /I "C:\I\SC\vs90\seti_boinc_2k3_2.2B-Ben-Joe\client\Optimizer" /I "C:\I\SC\vs90\seti_boinc_2k3_2.2B-Ben-Joe" /I "C:\I\SC\vs90\seti_boinc_2k3_2.2B-Ben-Joe\client" /I "C:\I\SC\vs90\seti_boinc_2k3_2.2B-Ben-Joe\db" /I "C:\I\SC\vs90\boinc\client\win" /I "C:\I\SC\vs90\boinc\lib" /I "C:\I\SC\vs90\boinc\api" /I "C:\I\SC\vs90\boinc" /I "." /I "../../../boinc/api" /I "../../../boinc/lib" /I ".." /I "glut" /D "WIN32" /D "_WIN32" /D "NDEBUG" /D "_WINDOWS" /D "NBOINC_APP_GRAPHICS" /D "CLIENT" /D "_MT" /D "USE_IPP" /D "USE_SSE2" /D "_VC80_UPGRADE=0x0600" /D "_MBCS" /GF /Gm /EHsc /MT /Zp16 /Gy /Fp".\Rele!qe/seti_boinc.pch" /Fo".\Release32-NOGFX\\" /Fd".\Release32-NOGFX\vc90.pdb" /FR".\Release32-NOGFX\\" /W3 /c /Wp64 /Zi /TP "..\..\db\xml_util.cpp"
   "..\worker.cpp"
   "..\..\..\boinc\api\windows_opengl.C"
   "..\version.cpp"
   "..\..\..\boinc\lib\util.C"
   "..\timecvt.cpp"
   "..\..\image_libs\tgalib.cpp"
   "..\..\db\sqlrow.cpp"
   "..\..\db\sqlblob.cpp"
   "..\spike.cpp"
   "..\..\..\boinc\lib\shmem.C"
   "..\seti_header.cpp"
   "..\seti.cpp"
   "..\..\db\schema_master.cpp"
   "..\sah_gfx_base.cpp"
   "..\sah_gfx.cpp"
   "..\s_util.cpp"
   "..\pulsefind.cpp"
   "..\progress.cpp"
   "..\..\..\boinc\lib\parse.C"
   "..\malloc_a.cpp"
   "..\main.cpp"
   "..\lcgamm.cpp"
   "..\..\..\boinc\api\gutil.C"
   "..\..\..\boinc\api\graphics_data.C"
   "..\..\..\boinc\api\graphics_api.C"
   "..\gdata.cpp"
   "..\gaussfit.cpp"
   "..\..\..\boinc\lib\filesys.C"
   "..\fft8g.cpp"
   "..\chirpfft.cpp"
   "..\..\..\boinc\api\boinc_api.C"
   "..\..\..\boinc\lib\app_ipc.C"
   "..\analyzeReport.cpp"
   "..\analyzePoT.cpp"
analyzePoT.cpp
C:\I\SC\vs90\boinc\lib\util.h(81) : warning C4996: 'std::transform': Function call with parameters that may be unsafe - this call relies on the caller to check that the passed values are correct. To disable this warning, use -D_SCL_SECURE_NO_WARNINGS. See documentation on how to use Visual C++ 'Checked Iterators'
        c:\I\VS9\VC\include\algorithm(708) : see declaration of 'std::transform'
--- BenSpectrum ---
analyzeReport.cpp
C:\I\SC\vs90\boinc\lib\util.h(81) : warning C4996: 'std::transform': Function call with parameters that may be unsafe - this call relies on the caller to check that the passed values are correct. To disable this warning, use -D_SCL_SECURE_NO_WARNINGS. See documentation on how to use Visual C++ 'Checked Iterators'
app_ipc.C
c:\i\sc\vs90\boinc\lib\util.h(81) : warning C4996: 'std::transform': Function call with parameters that may be unsafe - this call relies on the caller to check that the passed values are correct. To disable this warning, use -D_SCL_SECURE_NO_WARNINGS. See documentation on how to use Visual C++ 'Checked Iterators'
boinc_api.C
chirpfft.cpp
fft8g.cpp
filesys.C
c:\i\sc\vs90\boinc\lib\util.h(81) : warning C4996: 'std::transform': Function call with parameters that may be unsafe - this call relies on the caller to check that the passed values are correct. To disable this warning, use -D_SCL_SECURE_NO_WARNINGS. See documentation on how to use Visual C++ 'Checked Iterators'
gaussfit.cpp
gdata.cpp
graphics_api.C
graphics_data.C
gutil.C
lcgamm.cpp
main.cpp
malloc_a.cpp
parse.C
progress.cpp
pulsefind.cpp
s_util.cpp
sah_gfx.cpp
Generating Code...
Compiling...
sah_gfx_base.cpp
schema_master.cpp
seti.cpp
seti_header.cpp
..\seti_header.cpp(93) : warning C4267: 'initializing' : conversion from 'size_t' to 'int', possible loss of data
shmem.C
spike.cpp
sqlblob.cpp
sqlrow.cpp
tgalib.cpp
timecvt.cpp
util.C
version.cpp
windows_opengl.C
worker.cpp
xml_util.cpp
Generating Code...
c:\i\sc\vs90\seti_boinc_2k3_2.2b-ben-joe\db\xml_util.cpp(663) : warning C4717: 'xml_match_tag' : recursive on all control paths, function will cause runtime stack overflow
c:\i\sc\vs90\seti_boinc_2k3_2.2b-ben-joe\db\xml_util.cpp(689) : warning C4717: 'xml_find_tag' : recursive on all control paths, function will cause runtime stack overflow
Compiling...
Microsoft (R) 32-bit C/C++ Optimizing Compiler Version 15.00.20404 for 80x86
cl /Od /Ob2 /Oi /Ot /Oy /GT /I "C:\I\SC\vs90\seti_boinc_2k3_2.2B-Ben-Joe\client\win_build\Release32-NOGFX" /I "C:\I\SC\vs90\seti_boinc_2k3_2.2B-Ben-Joe\jpeglib" /I "C:\I\SC\vs90\seti_boinc_2k3_2.2B-Ben-Joe\image_libs" /I "C:\I\SC\vs90\seti_boinc_2k3_2.2B-Ben-Joe\glut" /I "C:\I\SC\vs90\seti_boinc_2k3_2.2B-Ben-Joe\client\win_build" /I "C:\I\SC\vs90\seti_boinc_2k3_2.2B-Ben-Joe\client\Optimizer" /I "C:\I\SC\vs90\seti_boinc_2k3_2.2B-Ben-Joe" /I "C:\I\SC\vs90\seti_boinc_2k3_2.2B-Ben-Joe\client" /I "C:\I\SC\vs90\seti_boinc_2k3_2.2B-Ben-Joe\db" /I "C:\I\SC\vs90\boinc\client\win" /I "C:\I\SC\vs90\boinc\lib" /I "C:\I\SC\vs90\boinc\api" /I "C:\I\SC\vs90\boinc" /I "." /I "../../../boinc/api" /I "../../../boinc/lib" /I ".." /I "glut" /D "WIN32" /D "_WIN32" /D "NDEBUG" /D "_WINDOWS" /D "NBOINC_APP_GRAPHICS" /D "CLIENT" /D "_MT" /D "USE_IPP" /D "USE_SSE2" /D "_VC80_UPGRADE=0x0600" /D "_MBCS" /GF /Gm /EHsc /MT /Zp16 /Gy /Fp".\Release/seti_boinc.pch" /Fo".\Release32-NOGFX\\" /Fd".\Release32-NOGFX\vc90.pdb" /FR".\Release32-NOGFX\\" /W3 /c /Wp64 /Zi /TP "..\analyzeFuncs.cpp"
analyzeFuncs.cpp
-----IPP-----
-----SSE2-----
Linking...
Microsoft (R) Incremental Linker Version 9.00.20404
"/OUT:.\Release32-NOGFX\seti_boinc.exe" /INCREMENTAL:NO "/LIBPATH:C:\I\SC\vs90\seti_boinc_2k3_2.2B-Ben-Joe\client\win_build\Release32-NOGFX" "/LIBPATH:C:\I\INTEL\IPP\5.2_beta\ia32\lib" "/LIBPATH:C:\I\INTEL\MKL\9.0\ia32\lib" "/LIBPATH:C:\masm32\lib" "/LIBPATH:C:\I\VS8\VC\lib" "/LIBPATH:C:\I\SDK\Lib" "/LIBPATH:C:\masm32\m32lib" "/LIBPATH:C:\I\SDK\Lib\AMD64" "/LIBPATH:C:\I\SDK\Lib\IA64" /MANIFEST:NO "/MANIFESTUAC:level='asInvoker' uiAccess='false'" "/PDB:c:\I\SC\vs90\seti_boinc_2k3_2.2B-Ben-Joe\client\win_build\Release32-NOGFX\seti_boinc.pdb" /MAP /SUBSYSTEM:WINDOWS /DYNAMICBASE:NO /MACHINE:X86 glut32.lib glut.lib glu32.lib optimizer.lib image_libs.lib jpeglib.lib libboinc.lib libboincapi.lib non_ICC.lib setiboincdb.lib ippsmerged.lib ippvmmerged.lib ippchmerged.lib ippcorel.lib delayimp.lib libcpmt.lib WinMM.lib OpenGL32.lib Kernel32.Lib oldnames.lib user32.lib gdi32.lib winspool.lib comdlg32.lib advapi32.lib shell32.lib ole32.lib oleaut32.lib uuid.lib kernel32.lib user32.lib gdi32.lib winspool.lib comdlg32.lib advapi32.lib shell32.lib ole32.lib oleaut32.lib uuid.lib odbc32.lib odbccp32.lib
".\Release32-NOGFX\analyzeFuncs.obj"
".\Release32-NOGFX\analyzePoT.obj"
".\Release32-NOGFX\analyzeReport.obj"
".\Release32-NOGFX\app_ipc.obj"
".\Release32-NOGFX\boinc_api.obj"
".\Release32-NOGFX\chirpfft.obj"
".\Release32-NOGFX\fft8g.obj"
".\Release32-NOGFX\filesys.obj"
".\Release32-NOGFX\gaussfit.obj"
".\Release32-NOGFX\gdata.obj"
".\Release32-NOGFX\graphics_api.obj"
".\Release32-NOGFX\graphics_data.obj"
".\Release32-NOGFX\gutil.obj"
".\Release32-NOGFX\lcgamm.obj"
".\Release32-NOGFX\main.obj"
".\Release32-NOGFX\malloc_a.obj"
".\Release32-NOGFX\parse.obj"
".\Release32-NOGFX\progress.obj"
".\Release32-NOGFX\pulsefind.obj"
".\Release32-NOGFX\s_util.obj"
".\Release32-NOGFX\sah_gfx.obj"
".\Release32-NOGFX\sah_gfx_base.obj"
".\Release32-NOGFX\schema_master.obj"
".\Release32-NOGFX\seti.obj"
".\Release32-NOGFX\seti_header.obj"
".\Release32-NOGFX\shmem.obj"
".\Release32-NOGFX\spike.obj"
".\Release32-NOGFX\sqlblob.obj"
".\Release32-NOGFX\sqlrow.obj"
".\Release32-NOGFX\tgalib.obj"
".\Release32-NOGFX\timecvt.obj"
".\Release32-NOGFX\util.obj"
".\Release32-NOGFX\version.obj"
".\Release32-NOGFX\windows_opengl.obj"
".\Release32-NOGFX\worker.obj"
".\Release32-NOGFX\xml_util.obj"
s_util.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol "public: static void __cdecl std::_Locinfo::_Locinfo_ctor(class std::_Locinfo *,class std::basic_string<char,struct std::char_traits<char>,class std::allocator<char> > const &)" (?_Locinfo_ctor@_Locinfo@std@@SAXPAV12@ABV?$basic_string@DU?$char_traits@D@std@@V?$allocator@D@2@@2@@Z) referenced in function "public: __thiscall std::_Locinfo::_Locinfo(class std::basic_string<char,struct std::char_traits<char>,class std::allocator<char> > const &)" (??0_Locinfo@std@@QAE@ABV?$basic_string@DU?$char_traits@D@std@@V?$allocator@D@2@@1@@Z)
schema_master.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol "public: static void __cdecl std::_Locinfo::_Locinfo_ctor(class std::_Locinfo *,class std::basic_string<char,struct std::char_traits<char>,class std::allocator<char> > const &)" (?_Locinfo_ctor@_Locinfo@std@@SAXPAV12@ABV?$basic_string@DU?$char_traits@D@std@@V?$allocator@D@2@@2@@Z)
seti.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol "public: static void __cdecl std::_Locinfo::_Locinfo_ctor(class std::_Locinfo *,class std::basic_string<char,struct std::char_traits<char>,class std::allocator<char> > const &)" (?_Locinfo_ctor@_Locinfo@std@@SAXPAV12@ABV?$basic_string@DU?$char_traits@D@std@@V?$allocator@D@2@@2@@Z)
xml_util.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol "public: static void __cdecl std::_Locinfo::_Locinfo_ctor(class std::_Locinfo *,class std::basic_string<char,struct std::char_traits<char>,class std::allocator<char> > const &)" (?_Locinfo_ctor@_Locinfo@std@@SAXPAV12@ABV?$basic_string@DU?$char_traits@D@std@@V?$allocator@D@2@@2@@Z)
.\Release32-NOGFX\seti_boinc.exe : fatal error LNK1120: 1 unresolved externals
Creating browse information file...
Microsoft Browse Information Maintenance Utility Version 9.00.20404
Copyright (C) Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.
Build log was saved at "file://c:\I\SC\vs90\seti_boinc_2k3_2.2B-Ben-Joe\client\win_build\Release32-NOGFX\BuildLog.htm"
seti_boinc - 5 error(s), 23 warning(s)
========== Rebuild All: 0 succeeded, 1 failed, 0 skipped ==========
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
any hints for the warnings or for the unresolved ext. symbols  ???
heinz

Offline Simon

• Ni!
  • Knight who says 'Ni!'
« Reply #145 on: 18 Jun 2007, 07:53:08 am »
Well - yeah - though you won't like it. Don't use ORCAS! ;) It's Beta, unsupported, and will only lead to more trouble.

Regards,
Simon.

Offline _heinz

• Volunteer Developer
  • Knight who says 'Ni!'
« Reply #146 on: 18 Jun 2007, 05:21:03 pm »
have a question

I want compile a FFTWF client.
It is still necessary to use USE_FFTWF alone without IPP ?? It seems so, but I´m not sure. It looks like benchmark.cpp has a problem with FFTWF. Some changes were necessary to compile benchmark.cpp with FFTWF.
Are there changes known in 2.2B benchmark.cpp since it was published ??
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Kompilieren...
Microsoft (R) 32-Bit C/C++-Optimierungscompiler Version 14.00.50727.762 für 80x86
cl /Od /Ob2 /Oi /Ot /Oy /GT /I "../../../boinc/win_build" /I ".." /I "..\.." /I "..\..\..\boinc\lib" /I "../../../boinc/api" /I "../../db" /I "C:\I\SC\seti\seti_boinc_2k3_2.2B-Ben-Joe\client\Optimizer" /I "C:\I\INTEL\MKL\9.0\include\fftw" /I "C:\I\SC\seti\seti_boinc_2k3_2.2B-Ben-Joe\client\win_build" /D "USE_FFTWF" /D "WIN32" /D "_WIN32" /D "_WINDOWS" /D "_CONSOLE" /D "NDEBUG" /D "_LIB" /D "_MT" /D "CLIENT" /D "NBOINC_APP_GRAPHICS" /D "_UNICODE" /D "UNICODE" /D "_VC80_UPGRADE=0x0710" /D "_MBCS" /GF /FD /EHsc /MT /Zp16 /Gy /Fo"Release32-NOGFX\\" /Fd"Release32-NOGFX\vc80.pdb" /W3 /c /Wp64 /Zi /Gd /TP /FI "win-config.h" ".\benchmark.cpp"
benchmark.cpp
-----FFTWF-----
-----fftwf-----
.\benchmark.cpp(627) : error C2664: 'fftwf_execute_dft': Konvertierung des Parameters 2 von 'float *' in 'fftwf_complex (*)' nicht möglich
        Die Typen, auf die verwiesen wird, sind nicht verknüpft; die Konvertierung erfordert einen reinterpret_cast-Operator oder eine Typumwandlung im C- oder Funktionsformat.
Das Buildprotokoll wurde unter "file://c:\I\SC\seti\seti_boinc_2k3_2.2B-Ben-Joe\client\Optimizer\Release32-NOGFX\BuildLog.htm" gespeichert.
Optimizer - 1 Fehler, 0 Warnung(en)
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
         case _FFT:
            #if defined( USE_IPP )
               ippsFFTInv_CToC_32fc(
                  ( Ipp32fc * ) out_buf,
                  ( Ipp32fc * ) out_buf,
                  FftSpec,
                  NULL );
            #elif defined( USE_FFTWF )
627               fftwf_execute_dft( da_fft_plan, in_buf[0],   out_buf ); <---error
            #endif
            break;
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
any news about it known ??

regards heinz

Offline Crunch3r

• Knight who says 'Ni!'
    • 64 bit boinc clients
« Reply #147 on: 18 Jun 2007, 05:25:35 pm »
 change it to ---> fftwf_execute_dft( da_fft_plan, (sah_complex *)&in_buf[0], (sah_complex *)&out_buf );

It has allready been discussed here on the board so a search would have helped in the first place.  ;)

EDIT

Simply putting a "//" in front of that line would have helped to cuz you don't need that line at all nor do you need to bench FFTW3.

« Last Edit: 18 Jun 2007, 05:27:40 pm by Crunch3r »
I want to share something with you: The three little sentences that will get you through life. Number 1: Cover for me. Number 2: Oh, good idea, Boss! Number 3: It was like that when I got here.

Homer Simpson

Offline _heinz

• Volunteer Developer
  • Knight who says 'Ni!'
« Reply #148 on: 18 Jun 2007, 07:02:21 pm »
merci Crunch3r  :)

Offline _heinz

• Volunteer Developer
  • Knight who says 'Ni!'
« Reply #149 on: 18 Jun 2007, 07:22:40 pm »
FFTWF compiled   ;D
Kompilieren...
cl /Od /Ob2 /Oi /Ot /Oy /GT /I "../../../boinc/win_build" /I ".." /I "..\.." /I "..\..\..\boinc\lib" /I "../../../boinc/api" /I "../../db" /I "C:\I\SC\seti\seti_boinc_2k3_2.2B-Ben-Joe\client\Optimizer" /I "C:\I\INTEL\MKL\9.0\include\fftw" /I "C:\I\SC\seti\seti_boinc_2k3_2.2B-Ben-Joe\client\win_build" /D "USE_FFTWF" /D "WIN32" /D "_WIN32" /D "_WINDOWS" /D "_CONSOLE" /D "NDEBUG" /D "_LIB" /D "_MT" /D "CLIENT" /D "NBOINC_APP_GRAPHICS" /D "_UNICODE" /D "UNICODE" /D "_VC80_UPGRADE=0x0710" /D "_MBCS" /GF /FD /EHsc /MT /Zp16 /Gy /Fo"Release32-NOGFX\\" /Fd"Release32-NOGFX\vc80.pdb" /W3 /c /Wp64 /Zi /Gd /TP /FI "win-config.h" ".\benchmark.cpp"
benchmark.cpp
-----FFTWF-----
-----fftwf-----
Das Buildprotokoll wurde unter "file://c:\I\SC\seti\seti_boinc_2k3_2.2B-Ben-Joe\client\Optimizer\Release32-NOGFX\BuildLog.htm" gespeichert.
Optimizer - 0 Fehler, 0 Warnung(en)
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
regards  ;D  ;)

Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.

Forgot your password?
Members
Total Members: 97
Latest: ToeBee
New This Month: 0
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 59559