Forum > Windows

optimized sources

<< < (76/179) > >>

_heinz:
Hi  Joe, Jason and Raistmer,
today I added some links to our testproject,  all simple small text files.
regards

Jason G:
LoL, multiboot nightmares  ;D, reminds me of some guy installing Linux at school, he didn't follow directions properly and wiped all the other classes partitions (x8) ... he was made to reinstall all of them. 

I'm lazy so I only use VMs for Vista32 & 2 linux distros (just learning).  Curious, I would've thought if you had fedora installed before you'd be using grub for the boot menu.  I hope you can iron out these issues before Santa brings us all 16 thread Nehalems for Christmas, so we can use this thread to find out how to cope with the OS & driver issues. (well it's on my letter to Santa, but he never seems to read them and brings socks & t-shirts instead).

Jason

_heinz:
Meanwhile there are several driver updates for D5400XS available...  :o
Time to setup again...

_heinz:
Get my NT4-Server Domain-Controller running as VM.  ;D

_heinz:
To resolve the problem which I had have with the Acronis OS-Selector, I tried to uninstall the "Acronis Disk Director" completely. After this the OS Vista did not start anymore, some files are missing when the system starts up in its initial phase.
Looks like the deinstallation of "Acronis Disk Director" killed them.
After this I tried a repair of Vista from the install DVD, but this had no sucess also. Then I wrote back track 0 record 0, but the same, Vista did not start anymore.
Last chance before reinstall:
I wrote back the whole partition which resides Vista from a backup of september. This starts Vista again.
After several updates the system is now actual.
The problems wit the OS-Selector are not solved, support requests are still open.
My installed XP Professional is not booting now......OS-Selector is not functional anymore...

Jason, you are right...mutiboot nightmares  ;D   :'( :'(

heinz

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version