Forum > Discussion Forum

Parallella: A Supercomputer For Everyone

<< < (3/10) > >>

Josef W. Segur:

--- Quote from: Raistmer on 27 Oct 2012, 10:54:10 am ---Looks like the project already collected enough finances to start.

--- End quote ---

True, though with under 4 hours left it looks unlikely they'll reach the $3 million stretch goal which would include the 64 core Epiphany. The way they have the available backer levels set, it would take a lot of new or upgraded backers in the $475 to $975 categories to get there.

I just went for the single 16 core version, it's certainly more capable hardware than other Arm based boards I've seen at twice the price.
                                                   Joe

MarkJ:
Well they passed their goal but didn't get to the strech goal ($3 million). They have setup a blog at www.parallella.org for those wanting to follow their progress.

I see they have  started a couple of competitions for those that actually have one, but the rewards aren't available until May 2013 so how do they expect people to participate?

MarkJ:
In their latest project update they said "Together with Brown Deer Technology we created the first open source OpenCL implementation on an ARM platform.(as far as we know). "

It look like we'll be able to run OpenCL apps then if we can get support in BOINC. There is already BOINC available for the Raspberry Pi which is also an ARM based device.

Raistmer:
We have NativeBOINC on ARM-based Android devices.

Claggy:
The Parallella forums are up at forums.parallella.org there is even a BOINC Subforum already,
if you haven't had a user name/password email yet, you'll have reset it, and wait for the email, it takes some time to arrive.

Claggy

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version