Forum > Linux

R-2.0 Linux apps released?

(1/4) > >>

michael37:
Yeah right.  Don't you wish it was true, esp with the Intel compiler for Linux being free.  I would have tried doing it myself, but I suck at troubleshooting Makefile errors, and that's what remains to be done here.

Just a friendly reminder, developers, that we are still waiting anxiously!  :)

Michael

Simon:
Lol!

I haven't forgotten about it, but am having the same trouble. I do have a Makefile and some .am and .ac files but keep getting strange errors.

My work schedule is a bit insane currently, but starting next Wednesday afternoon, I'll be off til Sunday, so maybe I'll figure it out then.

HTH,
Simon.

P.S.: Hans, any luck getting the 2.0 sources ported to Linux?

Hans Dorn:
Hi Simon,

I'm sort of, errr, distracted ATM, as you know  ;)

If you send me a 7zip of your source tree including the new Makefiles, I'll put in some hours from time to time to iron out compiling errors.

I can't auto-generate any Makefiles on my build setup without breaking the seti compile....

What distribution are you using?

Regards Hans

michael37:
I use CentOS 4/RHEL4 primarily.  It seems to have a great combination of stable OS and extensive library support, esp for older libraries.  The only lacking component is modern gcc, but that's a non-issue for Seti/Boinc once Makefiles are OK as long as you use icc.

However, if I remember correctly, I've had difficulties figuring out Automake since the gnu utilities are also very old.

rgathright:
My previous efforts to compile SETI were shot down by a "proxy" at work.  Yum in Fedora Core 5 seems to need some help getting through.

Since SETI is in a transition period to 5.18, I have pulled my Irwindale Xeon box apart to add another HD to it's raid array.  Additionally, I am now installing Debian, as per Simon's Compile FAQ, I hope to have it running by Friday.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version