+- +-
Say hello if visiting :) by Gecko
11 Jan 2023, 07:43:05 pm

Seti is down again by Mike
09 Aug 2017, 10:02:44 am

Some considerations regarding OpenCL MultiBeam app tuning from algorithm view by Raistmer
11 Dec 2016, 06:30:56 am

Loading APU to the limit: performance considerations by Mike
05 Nov 2016, 06:49:26 am

Better sleep on Windows - new round by Raistmer
26 Aug 2016, 02:02:31 pm

Author Topic: x38g reports  (Read 126868 times)

Offline Slavac

• Volunteer Developer
  • Squire
Re: x38g reports
« Reply #165 on: 07 Jul 2011, 03:14:01 am »
So far so good.  The invalids I was getting with 38 seem to be gone completely.

Offline perryjay

• Knight Templar
« Reply #166 on: 07 Jul 2011, 10:52:39 am »
Here's one that might be of interest  http://setiathome.berkeley.edu/workunit.php?wuid=763291020

Offline Jason G

• Construction Fraggle
  • Knight who says 'Ni!'
« Reply #167 on: 07 Jul 2011, 11:26:47 am »
Here's one that might be of interest  http://setiathome.berkeley.edu/workunit.php?wuid=763291020
  LoL.  poor old x32f, he served us well.

Offline glennaxl

• Knight o' The Realm
« Reply #168 on: 07 Jul 2011, 10:55:41 pm »
Almost a month of run-time  without any issues. Good work  ;)

Offline Slavac

• Volunteer Developer
  • Squire
« Reply #169 on: 08 Jul 2011, 06:50:16 pm »
Is there any truth to the rumor that 39e runs at a lower RAC than 38?

Offline perryjay

• Knight Templar
« Reply #170 on: 08 Jul 2011, 06:55:09 pm »

Offline perryjay

• Knight Templar
« Reply #171 on: 08 Jul 2011, 06:59:55 pm »

I believe it runs just a little bit slower than the 38 but that is because it is trying to find some problems some of us were having. I don't know how much that is going to effect your RAC since there are so many variables. With the new credit system you really can't tell since it depends on your wingman's time too.

Offline Slavac

• Volunteer Developer
  • Squire
« Reply #172 on: 08 Jul 2011, 08:31:05 pm »
Got my first invalid on the 39 build.  What I find interesting is that 38 was throwing all sorts of invalids at me, 39 is almost entirely invalid free.  Lovely.

http://setiathome.berkeley.edu/result.php?resultid=1974204985

Offline Slavac

• Volunteer Developer
  • Squire
« Reply #173 on: 08 Jul 2011, 08:32:06 pm »

I believe it runs just a little bit slower than the 38 but that is because it is trying to find some problems some of us were having. I don't know how much that is going to effect your RAC since there are so many variables. With the new credit system you really can't tell since it depends on your wingman's time too.

It seems to be running 500-700 RAC slower on my machine than 38 though IMO that's such a small figure that it's not worth even mentioning.  Was hoping to get some ammunition to belay the "39's horrible for your RAC don't download it" garbage seen at SETI Home.

Offline perryjay

• Knight Templar
« Reply #174 on: 08 Jul 2011, 09:10:46 pm »
Got my first invalid on the 39 build.  What I find interesting is that 38 was throwing all sorts of invalids at me, 39 is almost entirely invalid free.  Lovely.

You picked the wrong work unit. Your invalid was http://setiathome.berkeley.edu/result.php?resultid=1974204984  Looks like you had two gang up on you by not finding those 8 gaussians you found.

Offline Slavac

• Volunteer Developer
  • Squire
« Reply #175 on: 08 Jul 2011, 09:36:41 pm »

You picked the wrong work unit. Your invalid was http://setiathome.berkeley.edu/result.php?resultid=1974204984  Looks like you had two gang up on you by not finding those 8 gaussians you found.

Crap how do I link WU's properly?

Offline perryjay

• Knight Templar
« Reply #176 on: 08 Jul 2011, 10:51:07 pm »
You were almost there but you must have copied DCappello's work unit location by mistake. He was the second man on that string. I just open the link I want to copy and copy what's in  the address bar. http://setiathome.berkeley.edu/workunit.php?wuid=772982715 gives you all the wingmen on that work unit.

Offline Slavac

• Volunteer Developer
  • Squire
« Reply #177 on: 09 Jul 2011, 02:33:16 am »
You were almost there but you must have copied DCappello's work unit location by mistake. He was the second man on that string. I just open the link I want to copy and copy what's in  the address bar. http://setiathome.berkeley.edu/workunit.php?wuid=772982715 gives you all the wingmen on that work unit.

Crud sorry about that.  Pardon the new guy.

Offline benool

• Squire
« Reply #178 on: 09 Jul 2011, 04:21:16 am »
Here are a couple of errors I came upon X38g on my 8600 GTS (256Mb of memory, driver 266.58):

Find triplets return flags indicate an error (value: 1)
Last Cuda error code indicates: Success - No errors.
Cuda sync'd & freed.
Preemptively acknowledging a safe Exit on error->
SETI@home error -12 Unknown error
cudaAcc_find_triplets doesn't support more than MAX_TRIPLETS_ABOVE_THRESHOLD numBinsAboveThreshold in find_triplets_kernel
File: c:/[Projects]/X_CudaMB/client/cuda/cudaAcc_pulsefind.cu
Line: 301

full details http://setiathome.berkeley.edu/result.php?resultid=1961527829

and

Cuda error 'find_triplets_kernel' in file 'c:/[Projects]/X_CudaMB/client/cuda/cudaAcc_pulsefind.cu' in line 276 : unknown error.
Unknown Error.
Cuda error 'cudaMemcpy(&flags, dev_flag, sizeof(*dev_flag), cudaMemcpyDeviceToHost)' in file 'c:/[Projects]/X_CudaMB/client/cuda/cudaAcc_pulsefind.cu' in line 287 : unknown error.
Unknown Error.
Cuda error 'cudaMemset(dev_find_pulse_flag, 0, sizeof(*dev_find_pulse_flag))' in file 'c:/[Projects]/X_CudaMB/client/cuda/cudaAcc_pulsefind.cu' in line 1606 : unknown error.
Cuda error 'cudaMemcpy(&flags, dev_find_pulse_flag, sizeof(*dev_find_pulse_flag), cudaMemcpyDeviceToHost)' in file 'c:/[Projects]/X_CudaMB/client/cuda/cudaAcc_pulsefind.cu' in line 1614 : unknown error.
Cuda error 'cudaMemcpy(PulseResults, dev_PulseResults, 4 * (cudaAcc_NumDataPoints / AdvanceBy + 1) * sizeof(*dev_PulseResults), cudaMemcpyDeviceToHost)' in file 'c:/[Projects]/X_CudaMB/client/cuda/cudaAcc_pulsefind.cu' in line 1626 : unknown error.
Cuda error 'cudaAcc_transpose' in file 'c:/[Projects]/X_CudaMB/client/cuda/cudaAcc_transpose.cu' in line 73 : unknown error.
Cuda error 'cudaMemcpy(best_PoT, dev_tmp_pot, max_nb_of_elems * sizeof(float), cudaMemcpyDeviceToHost)' in file 'c:/[Projects]/X_CudaMB/client/cuda/cudaAcc_pulsefind.cu' in line 1629 : unknown error.
Cuda error 'cudaMemcpy(PowerSpectrumSumMax, dev_PowerSpectrumSumMax, (cudaAcc_NumDataPoints / fftlen) * sizeof(*dev_PowerSpectrumSumMax), cudaMemcpyDeviceToHost)' in file 'c:/[Projects]/X_CudaMB/client/cuda/cudaAcc_summax.cu' in line 234 : unknown error.
Cuda error 'cudaMemcpy(dev_PoT, dev_PowerSpectrum, cudaAcc_NumDataPoints * sizeof(*dev_PowerSpectrum), cudaMemcpyDeviceToDevice)' in file 'c:/[Projects]/X_CudaMB/client/cuda/cudaAcc_gaussfit.cu' in line 482 : unknown error.
Cuda error 'NormalizePoT_kernel' in file 'c:/[Projects]/X_CudaMB/client/cuda/cudaAcc_gaussfit.cu' in line 499 : unknown error.
Cuda error 'cudaMemset(dev_flag, 0, sizeof(*dev_flag))' in file 'c:/[Projects]/X_CudaMB/client/cuda/cudaAcc_gaussfit.cu' in line 502 : unknown error.
Cuda error 'GaussFit_kernel' in file 'c:/[Projects]/X_CudaMB/client/cuda/cudaAcc_gaussfit.cu' in line 509 : unknown error.
Cuda error 'GaussFit_kernel' in file 'c:/[Projects]/X_CudaMB/client/cuda/cudaAcc_gaussfit.cu' in line 509 : unknown error.
Cuda error 'cudaMemcpy(&flags, dev_flag, sizeof(*dev_flag), cudaMemcpyDeviceToHost)' in file 'c:/[Projects]/X_CudaMB/client/cuda/cudaAcc_gaussfit.cu' in line 513 : unknown error.
Cuda error 'cudaMemcpy(GaussFitResults, dev_GaussFitResults, cudaAcc_NumDataPoints * sizeof(*dev_GaussFitResults), cudaMemcpyDeviceToHost)' in file 'c:/[Projects]/X_CudaMB/client/cuda/cudaAcc_gaussfit.cu' in line 524 : unknown error.
Cuda error 'cudaMemcpy(tmp_PoT, dev_NormMaxPower, ul_FftLength * sizeof(*dev_NormMaxPower), cudaMemcpyDeviceToHost)' in file 'c:/[Projects]/X_CudaMB/client/cuda/cudaAcc_gaussfit.cu' in line 525 : unknown error.
Cuda error 'cudaAcc_transpose' in file 'c:/[Projects]/X_CudaMB/client/cuda/cudaAcc_transpose.cu' in line 73 : unknown error.
Cuda error 'cudaMemcpy(best_PoT, dev_t_PowerSpectrum, cudaAcc_NumDataPoints * sizeof(*dev_t_PowerSpectrum), cudaMemcpyDeviceToHost)' in file 'c:/[Projects]/X_CudaMB/client/cuda/cudaAcc_gaussfit.cu' in line 532 : unknown error.
Cuda error 'cudaAcc_CalcChirpData_kernel2' in file 'c:/[Projects]/X_CudaMB/client/cuda/cudaAcc_CalcChirpData.cu' in line 113 : unknown error.
Cuda error 'cudaMemcpy(PowerSpectrumSumMax, dev_PowerSpectrumSumMax, (cudaAcc_NumDataPoints / fftlen) * sizeof(*dev_PowerSpectrumSumMax), cudaMemcpyDeviceToHost)' in file 'c:/[Projects]/X_CudaMB/client/cuda/cudaAcc_summax.cu' in line 234 : unknown error.
Cuda error 'cudaFree(dev_PowerSpectrumSumMax)' in file 'c:/[Projects]/X_CudaMB/client/cuda/cudaAcceleration.cu' in line 522 : unknown error.
Cuda error 'cudaFree(dev_outputposition)' in file 'c:/[Projects]/X_CudaMB/client/cuda/cudaAcceleration.cu' in line 524 : unknown error.
Cuda error 'cudaFree(dev_flagged)' in file 'c:/[Projects]/X_CudaMB/client/cuda/cudaAcceleration.cu' in line 526 : unknown error.
Cuda error 'cudaFree(dev_NormMaxPower)' in file 'c:/[Projects]/X_CudaMB/client/cuda/cudaAcceleration.cu' in line 528 : unknown error.
Cuda error 'cudaFree(dev_PoTPrefixSum)' in file 'c:/[Projects]/X_CudaMB/client/cuda/cudaAcceleration.cu' in line 530 : unknown error.
Cuda error 'cudaFree(dev_PoT)' in file 'c:/[Projects]/X_CudaMB/client/cuda/cudaAcceleration.cu' in line 532 : unknown error.
Cuda error 'cudaFree(dev_GaussFitResults)' in file 'c:/[Projects]/X_CudaMB/client/cuda/cudaAcceleration.cu' in line 534 : unknown error.
Cuda error 'cudaFree(dev_t_PowerSpectrum)' in file 'c:/[Projects]/X_CudaMB/client/cuda/cudaAcceleration.cu' in line 536 : unknown error.
Cuda error 'cudaFree(dev_PowerSpectrum)' in file 'c:/[Projects]/X_CudaMB/client/cuda/cudaAcceleration.cu' in line 538 : unknown error.
Cuda error 'cudaFree(dev_WorkData)' in file 'c:/[Projects]/X_CudaMB/client/cuda/cudaAcceleration.cu' in line 540 : unknown error.
Cuda error 'cudaFree(dev_flag)' in file 'c:/[Projects]/X_CudaMB/client/cuda/cudaAcceleration.cu' in line 542 : unknown error.
Cuda error 'cudaFree(dev_sample_rate)' in file 'c:/[Projects]/X_CudaMB/client/cuda/cudaAcceleration.cu' in line 544 : unknown error.
Cuda error 'cudaFree(dev_cx_ChirpDataArray)' in file 'c:/[Projects]/X_CudaMB/client/cuda/cudaAcceleration.cu' in line 546 : unknown error.
Cuda error 'cudaFree(dev_cx_DataArray)' in file 'c:/[Projects]/X_CudaMB/client/cuda/cudaAcceleration.cu' in line 548 : unknown error.
Cuda sync'd & freed.
Preemptively acknowledging a safe Exit on error->
SETI@Home Informational message -9 result_overflow

http://setiathome.berkeley.edu/result.php?resultid=1961505285

Offline Terror Australis

• Squire
« Reply #179 on: 09 Jul 2011, 09:51:39 am »
I have an interesting problem on a new system.
Any unit that runs longer than than exactly & minutes and 40 seconds errors out like this
Unhandled Exception Detected...

- Unhandled Exception Record -
Reason: Breakpoint Encountered (0x80000003) at address 0x7C90120E

This is a "new" system: QX9650, Gigabyte EX38-DS5 MB, 4G memory, 2 x GTX580's, XP_32, V266.58 drivers upgraded to 275.33 without improvement, new package downloaded and .exe and dll files refreshed, allowed BOINC more memory and disk space (just in case) Still no fix.

Shorties and higher AR units get through ok. It's only when a unit hits the magic 7:40 barrier the problem occurs. Unfortunately I haven't been able to download enough "long" units to see if this occurrs with only one card installed
Link to the errors page

Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.

Forgot your password?
Members
Total Members: 97
Latest: ToeBee
New This Month: 0
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 59559