+- +-
Say hello if visiting :) by Gecko
11 Jan 2023, 07:43:05 pm

Seti is down again by Mike
09 Aug 2017, 10:02:44 am

Some considerations regarding OpenCL MultiBeam app tuning from algorithm view by Raistmer
11 Dec 2016, 06:30:56 am

Loading APU to the limit: performance considerations by Mike
05 Nov 2016, 06:49:26 am

Better sleep on Windows - new round by Raistmer
26 Aug 2016, 02:02:31 pm

Author Topic: Shrubberies for "kind services"  (Read 10436 times)

Gecko_R7

Shrubberies for "kind services"
« on: 01 Jul 2006, 06:53:57 pm »
Hi Simon,

You have given multiple reasons both noble and practical as to why you do not ask for financial support/recognition of your contributions.  That being said, if appreciative individuals wish to leave shrubberies on their own accord without being specific as to their use, but that would assist w/ additional nursury needs where you presently have certain , shall we say " landscaping limitations". (vague, yet clear?  ;) )

Would you be willing to link a non-descript Paypal option on a corner of your site for us to properly leave our offerings, knowing fully well that you never asked and oppose any such expectations?
« Last Edit: 01 Jul 2006, 06:55:47 pm by Gecko_R7 »

Offline Simon

• Ni!
  • Knight who says 'Ni!'
    • Is it a bird? Is it a plane? No...its-the.net!
Re: Shrubberies for "kind services"
« Reply #1 on: 01 Jul 2006, 07:14:35 pm »
Er.

You're making me blush again ;D
You listed why I have not asked for any such thing.

I feel very special that someone else is asking for me, instead. Also, I am by no means very well off financially, so any new shrubberies are always appreciated. As you have noticed, I do like to share so we can all plant a mighty new forest  ;) Not to forget the herrings for our dear friends from Seti.USA...*grin*

If you click on my name and view my profile, you will find my primary email address. That pal you can pay seems to be familiar with it too.

I still need to stress that I am not in any way trying to commercialize on anything here. Any funds donated should be dedicated towards licensing costs for the Intel development tools and not contain any mention of being for work rendered, or I will be in breach of the personal non-commercial use license from Intel (and have to stop offering the Linux clients, too).

I will refuse such donations and send them back!

Should anyone decide to donate towards this purpose, please tell me whether you would like to be named and credited for it or not.

I tried to stretch my budget so I could buy the licenses myself already, but right now it's just not in the cards.
My master plan is to either get Seti@Home itself the necessary licenses or at least manage to give everyone access to optimized applications again, not just you know who.

I'm hereby putting 200 euros towards licensing costs into that pool. That's all I can afford currently, sadly.

Thanks!
Simon.
« Last Edit: 01 Jul 2006, 07:57:41 pm by Simon »

Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.

Forgot your password?
Members
Total Members: 97
Latest: ToeBee
New This Month: 0
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0