+- +-
Say hello if visiting :) by Gecko
11 Jan 2023, 07:43:05 pm

Seti is down again by Mike
09 Aug 2017, 10:02:44 am

Some considerations regarding OpenCL MultiBeam app tuning from algorithm view by Raistmer
11 Dec 2016, 06:30:56 am

Loading APU to the limit: performance considerations by Mike
05 Nov 2016, 06:49:26 am

Better sleep on Windows - new round by Raistmer
26 Aug 2016, 02:02:31 pm

Author Topic: OpenCL - not limited to ATI or Nvidia  (Read 13289 times)

Offline Frizz

• Volunteer Developer
  • Knight who says 'Ni!'
OpenCL - not limited to ATI or Nvidia
« on: 18 Mar 2010, 09:28:12 am »
I know some guys here are working on a OpenCL based optimized client.

After the OpenCL implementation is done, is it planned to support non x86 platforms as well?

Devices used in tablet computers, mobile phones or HTPC. Especially HTPC, like the Boxee Box, are interesting devices.

I am thinking about ARM Cortex A8 (iPhone, Gumstix computers, BeagleBoard) or A9 (Nvidia Tegra2) based processors. As far as I know they already support OpenCL - or plan to do so (hint: Apple uses the A8 in the iPhone, etc.).

The most interesting combination would be, imho, HTPCs based on the A9 (Nvidia Tegra2) running Boxee. They have enough processor power (GPU!) to crunch WUs in reasonable time at low power consumption.

What do you think?
Please stop using this 1366x768 glare displays: http://www.facebook.com/home.php?sk=group_153240404724993

Offline Raistmer

• Working Code Wizard
  • Volunteer Developer
  • Knight who says 'Ni!'
Re: OpenCL - not limited to ATI or Nvidia
« Reply #1 on: 18 Mar 2010, 11:23:17 am »
I think if you or someone else can provide such device and SDK for it, I could try ;)

desprado7

Re: OpenCL - not limited to ATI or Nvidia
« Reply #2 on: 20 Apr 2010, 01:09:18 am »
I know some guys here are working on a OpenCL based optimized client.

After the OpenCL implementation 70-431 braindump is done, is it planned to support non x86 platforms as well?

Devices used in tablet computers, mobile phones or HTPC. Especially HTPC, like the Boxee Box, are interesting 70-290 latest dumps devices.

I am thinking about ARM Cortex A8 (iPhone, Gumstix computers, BeagleBoard) or A9 (Nvidia Tegra2) based processors. As far as I know they already support OpenCL - or plan to do so (hint: Apple uses the latest dumps for 70-270 A8 in the iPhone, etc.).

The most interesting combination would be, imho, HTPCs based on the A9 (Nvidia Tegra2) running Boxee. They have enough processor power (GPU!) to crunch WUs in reasonable time at low power consumption.

What do you think?

And most Importantly of all:
A very long list of people have helped with this build. Top of the list, of course, Alex, not only the excellent sources that form the basis for this build, but the critical help in tracking down some important issues early on, and the helpful suggestions and advice throughout this challenging port.

Extra thanks go to JDWhale, Raistmer, Ned Slider, Urs Echternacht & especially Crunch3r for tirelessly providing the special expertise, coding mods, testing, countless compiles, and hosting of the final release Linux aps.
Great thanks go also to the members of the prerelease test community, who have stuck through countless builds and proved invaluable in refinement. Along with mods & admin over at Lunatics ( Hi Gecko_R7 & KWSN - jonnyv !  Grin)

To all of you we value your input and would like to hear from you at Lunatics'

Regards,

Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.

Forgot your password?
Members
Total Members: 97
Latest: ToeBee
New This Month: 0
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats