Forum > Linux

why is cuda linux missing from download area?

(1/2) > >>

BeemerBiker:
I found the setiathome-CUDA-6.08.X86_64.tar in the first post of the seti cuda thread.  Is there any reason why it is not in the download area?  The files are dated 1/18/2009 and I was woindering if that is still good for the latest and greatest ubuntu 9.1.  I have a GTS-250 which is not double preciision.  It seems to run fine for einstein and gpugriid cuda on 9.1 with 190.53 and 6.10.32

Are there any problems with this 1/18/2009 version?

thanks for looking.

Leopoldo:

--- Quote from: BeemerBiker on 14 Feb 2010, 01:25:53 pm ---I was woindering if that is still good for the latest and greatest ubuntu 9.1.

--- End quote ---
Doesn't work.

I tested combination of Ubuntu 9.10 32-bit + CUDA SETI  and variants { NVIDIA 190.53 + CUDA libraries 2.3 } or { NVIDIA 185.18+ CUDA libs 2.2 } don't works for me. Yes, Einstein + 190.52 + 2.3 works.

I tried to test seti-cuda standalone and look into stderr.txt - there were many lines "Cuda error 'GaussFit_kernel' in file './cudaAcc_gaussfit.cu' in line 506 : invalid configuration argument." - ever stderr.txt size is greater than a megabytes. So, comparison of CUDA-crunched result to the CPU-crunched one showed no gaussians calculated for CUDA.

sunu:
@BeemerBiker
There is a bit newer seti cuda version at http://calbe.dw70.de/mb/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=116

@Leopoldo
Seti cuda doesn't work in 32bit, you'll need to convert your ubuntu to 64bit. In the link I've posted above for BeemerBiker, there is a 32bit client but is totally untested. I still advise you to go 64bit. If you also run astropulse, it is way faster in 64bit. For any problems post here in lunatics and we'll try to solve them.

Leopoldo:

--- Quote from: sunu on 15 Feb 2010, 09:10:58 am ---@Leopoldo
Seti cuda doesn't work in 32bit, you'll need to convert your ubuntu to 64bit. In the link I've posted above for BeemerBiker, there is a 32bit client but is totally untested. I still advise you to go 64bit. If you also run astropulse, it is way faster in 64bit. For any problems post here in lunatics and we'll try to solve them.

--- End quote ---
I understood already. But how to do a conversion of working 32-bit Ubuntu into 64-bit version is still a mystery for me. By googling I saw only a suggestion for a clean reinstall. Is it a true? Gladly, I can do this because instead of md-raid1 (i can't push mdadm into glueless work, mirror always broken after artificially degraded raid-array due to physically disconnected one of two raid-harddrives) I'm using rsync everyday... Main question is: will this conversion help with enabling of CUDA-crunching with Crunch3r-made CUDA-app?

sunu:
Yes, a clean reinstall is the best option. Why do you need 32bit anyway? We're not in the '90s.  ;)

If you need to make a list of all installed packages, so you can reinstall them after the move, do:

dpkg --get-selections | grep -v deinstall > /home/...  (wherever you want to save it)

Then from synaptic you'll load this list and all packages will reinstall.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version