Forum > Linux

Linux Multibeam apps?

(1/1)

gRis:
Why were all the optimized S@H Linux applications removed? I thought the errors were present only in AstroPulse binaries.

sunu:
Um yes, why? And the astropulse apps didn't have any errors. Ubuntu's jaunty kernel has the problems.

Anyway, till they are reinstated grab them here: http://calbe.dw70.de/seti.html

gRis:
I may have not expressed myself clearly, I meant the 'application producing bad results under Ubuntu' :-)

Thanks for the link, I'm trying it out right now.

michael37:
On the related topic...

The older Linux applications, e.g. SSE and MMX, have app_info with application version 5.21

The current version of MB is 6.03.  Will the older (two year old.. actually..) apps work with the new workunits?

Josef W. Segur:

--- Quote from: michael37 on 01 Sep 2009, 01:36:36 pm ---On the related topic...

The older Linux applications, e.g. SSE and MMX, have app_info with application version 5.21

The current version of MB is 6.03.  Will the older (two year old.. actually..) apps work with the new workunits?
--- End quote ---

Yes, the only change in the new WUs was the chirp_resolution header parameter and all versions of MB apps will handle that correctly.

Of course if you're doing an app change with work in cache, the app_info.xml should be edited to have a version number matching what was in use when the tasks were downloaded.
                                                                       Joe

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version