+- +-
Say hello if visiting :) by Gecko
11 Jan 2023, 07:43:05 pm

Seti is down again by Mike
09 Aug 2017, 10:02:44 am

Some considerations regarding OpenCL MultiBeam app tuning from algorithm view by Raistmer
11 Dec 2016, 06:30:56 am

Loading APU to the limit: performance considerations by Mike
05 Nov 2016, 06:49:26 am

Better sleep on Windows - new round by Raistmer
26 Aug 2016, 02:02:31 pm

Author Topic: Getting things together  (Read 10413 times)

Offline Pappa

• Alpha Tester
  • Knight o' The Round Table
Getting things together
« on: 21 Apr 2009, 10:32:45 pm »
As I look at the many Threads "Optimized Apps" in the Seti NC Forums and wonder how it could be less confusing... It is tough
As I recently  obtained a Cuda card, am finifn it tough to get the coorect information here.

I propose that whoemever do one rollup of the Optimized Apps and post a new thread. It should contain the links to All optimized Apps. When taht is done the post a new thread, as that is completed let me Seti Moderators know and we will start taking down the other stuff.. The second part is there is a ton of information abot  fixing various issus but no FAQ.

Regards

Al

Offline Jason G

• Construction Fraggle
  • Knight who says 'Ni!'
Re: Getting things together
« Reply #1 on: 22 Apr 2009, 09:54:32 am »
Hi Al,
  Thanks for your input.  We generally recognise the mounting confusion over the number of optimised, as well as non optimised workaround for stock issues, application builds available. "Official Lunatic's Brand", and otherwise. 

You may not have noticed the token consolidation move I started in this light, requesting input, from Squires & above (including yourself),  in both testing the Win32 installer and making suggestions towards Readmes & FAQ development. 

These are  intended as a global template for Win64 also, so matches your request.  Please be aware that we don't actually make other current platform binaries here, so can only offer rudimentary hosting/support for those specifically, as 'most' of us are Windows based developers.

Please allow me to encourage yourself (And anyone else of Squire level or above), who should already have 'Special Access' to the new specially created Beta area, to participate in my thread at: http://lunatics.kwsn.net/public-release-beta-forum/windows-32-bit-only-installer-nt-xp-vista-win7.msg16903.html#msg16903 , so that something can move forward in those regards, at least in some small way.

Jason
« Last Edit: 22 Apr 2009, 10:03:05 am by Jason G »

Offline Raistmer

• Working Code Wizard
  • Volunteer Developer
  • Knight who says 'Ni!'
« Reply #2 on: 22 Apr 2009, 01:39:43 pm »
The second part is there is a ton of information abot  fixing various issus but no FAQ.

Regards

Al

Yes, so FAQ writers are welcomed

Offline Pappa

• Alpha Tester
  • Knight o' The Round Table
« Reply #3 on: 22 Apr 2009, 02:26:27 pm »
This is Blackmail

I will see if I can get Excel to do a web import of the thread and go from there.

The second part is there is a ton of information abot  fixing various issus but no FAQ.

Regards

Al

Yes, so FAQ writers are welcomed

Offline Raistmer

• Working Code Wizard
  • Volunteer Developer
  • Knight who says 'Ni!'
« Reply #4 on: 22 Apr 2009, 02:42:23 pm »
This is Blackmail

LoL :) No, it's just delegation of responsibility ;D

Welcome, Guest.