Forum > Windows

Licensing issues

(1/1)

Simon:
Due to unresolved licensing issues there is currently no Windows client released.

Barring Intel sponsoring a license for Seti@Home/BOINC (or me) or Intel offering their free non-commercial personal use packages for Windows, it'll stay that way in the near future.

Regards,
Simon.

Gazzalodi:
Simon,

Nice work with what you have done.  Thanks.

I have very limited experience compiling apps and made a right mess of the Linux version, despite your instructions.  I tried to go with a 'friendly' version of linux which ended up not having most of the basics to even allow me to install the developer apps.  Oh well.

Any chance you could do a set of instructions for compiling for Windows using the Intel compiler?  I think that would bypass the licensing issues since the individual users could download the compiler demo and there wouldn't be any redistribution of compiled applications.

Not a real big issue for me, now that you have released your Linux app I think I can at least get SETI loaded and get your app installed.  But would still like to give compiling another go, for the learning experience if nothing else.

Cheers,
Dave

Simon:
Thanks Gazzalodi!

Yes, a Windows How-To is in the works as well. Just takes a little bit of time ;D

Regards,
Simon.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version