+- +-
Say hello if visiting :) by Gecko
11 Jan 2023, 07:43:05 pm

Seti is down again by Mike
09 Aug 2017, 10:02:44 am

Some considerations regarding OpenCL MultiBeam app tuning from algorithm view by Raistmer
11 Dec 2016, 06:30:56 am

Loading APU to the limit: performance considerations by Mike
05 Nov 2016, 06:49:26 am

Better sleep on Windows - new round by Raistmer
26 Aug 2016, 02:02:31 pm

Author Topic: Can you enable your RSS feed?  (Read 42565 times)

Offline Jason G

• Construction Fraggle
  • Knight who says 'Ni!'
Re: Can you enable your RSS feed?
« Reply #60 on: 23 Mar 2009, 12:43:07 pm »
Actually...the way I post the the updates will continue to work fine.
Each update, while essentially as modified version of a previous release post (why re-invent the wheel each time  ;) ), is still a "new" post and news item.  So....the most recent item on RSS will always be the latest & newest.

Ahh,  Gotcha  :D

John37309

« Reply #61 on: 23 Mar 2009, 05:19:51 pm »

Would be nice to have an actual site admin again that can truly develop the site etc.
Problem is everything that built the site (w/exception to index template) is in protected files.
I can't say the need is critical, just a nice to have.
Current environment works fine and is the best yet.  :)

You obviously know your way around the nooks & crannies of SMF.
What kind of background you have???
I have a fleet of BOINC related websites and forums, but the forums all use phpbb. But to be honest, the software for SMF and phpbb is very similar, they both do the same thing. I'm no expert but i can find my way around most problems.

Your new rss news feed is a very cool feature, i think we have everything working on it.

I have no problem helping you if there are other things you want to do with this website, it would be my pleasure to help make this website even more cool. This website is the backbone of SETI@home optimized applications and it has been for a very long time. The information on this website is very valuable, and this website should be minded and treasured.

What do you want to do with this site?
Throw a few idea's at me!
Throw a few questions if there is stuff you have ignored because you previously did not have the tech knowledge to solve the issues.

New themes maybe?, new extensions? new add-ons and cool new features? Better information? Better news about opp apps? Better presentation of the information? have you seen something on another website that you would like to see on this website?

I will help you in any way i can.

John.
« Last Edit: 23 Mar 2009, 05:26:44 pm by John37309 »

Gecko_R7

« Reply #62 on: 23 Mar 2009, 06:25:06 pm »

What do you want to do with this site?
Throw a few idea's at me!
Throw a few questions if there is stuff you have ignored because you previously did not have the tech knowledge to solve the issues.

New themes maybe?, new extensions? new add-ons and cool new features? Better information? Better news about opp apps? Better presentation of the information? have you seen something on another website that you would like to see on this website?

I will help you in any way i can.

John.

Thanks John!  I appreciate your offer and might take you up on it in future.  Actually...for now, pretty happy w/ everything.  The RSS feed was  a particular efficiency that was very annoying "not to provide".
There's  1 area on the main page, the right-hand box where you see downloads & application statistics.
I can't find this anywhere in the forum controls.  It might be custom code.  I only have access to Index & layout templates.
It would be nice to edit & link to our downloads categories.

However, after my experience last night....I'm not ready to jump into template stuff again.  ;)
While it would be nice to have changed, I don't have the skill set to do this.
Might be able to put you in contact w/ server admin. if you & he want to discuss.

Thanks again!
Gecko

John37309

« Reply #63 on: 24 Mar 2009, 02:01:49 am »
Gecko,
To have a shot at offering a solution to edit & link to your downloads categories, i need to know what modules or extensions you are using with this forum.

In your admin panel, click "Packages" and give me a list of the packages you have installed on this forum. And the version number if its listed.

If i know what software you are using, i might be able to offer a solution.

John.

Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.

Forgot your password?
Members
Total Members: 97
Latest: ToeBee
New This Month: 0
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 59559