+- +-
Say hello if visiting :) by Gecko
11 Jan 2023, 07:43:05 pm

Seti is down again by Mike
09 Aug 2017, 10:02:44 am

Some considerations regarding OpenCL MultiBeam app tuning from algorithm view by Raistmer
11 Dec 2016, 06:30:56 am

Loading APU to the limit: performance considerations by Mike
05 Nov 2016, 06:49:26 am

Better sleep on Windows - new round by Raistmer
26 Aug 2016, 02:02:31 pm

Author Topic: Astropulse source code?  (Read 12408 times)

Urvabara

Astropulse source code?
« on: 20 Aug 2008, 03:05:10 pm »
Hi! ::)

I got a PM after asking about developing of SETI@home. I was invited here. (Thanks, btw!)

Actually, I am interested in optimizing Astropulse. Where to find the AP source code?

So, I have 64-bit Windows Vista and no compiler at the moment. I would like to help you in some way, if I can.

Thanks!

Urvabara.

Offline Jason G

• Construction Fraggle
  • Knight who says 'Ni!'
Re: Astropulse source code?
« Reply #1 on: 20 Aug 2008, 03:18:01 pm »
Hi there,
   If you are looking at AstroPulse, best would be to start from Berkeley's sources from their repository.  We are still poking around and getting oriented so are pretty far from our own releasable codebase.  The required compiler for Windows for the stock builds is Microsoft Visual Studio 2005 though other versions may work with more effort. (Free express edition download from Microsoft should be fine, though I guess that's 2008 now so there may be some tricky bits).

You would need:
   - Some way of getting SVN repository files (I use TortoiseSVN, and there's a tutorial on the Boinc Homepage as to how to get that)
  - Boinc Sources (I suggest Boinc V6.2.18 tag release, obtained by following the tutorial)
  - seti @ home version 6 sources (via seti@home repository, by the time you;ve gotten Boin source, and maybe done the tutorial you'll know how to get this.
  - and seti@home AstroPulse sources (latest revision)

If you have any trouble getting those things together,  let us know where you get stuck and we'll see where we can help get you up and running.

Jason

[Note: We intend to move pretty quickly to Intel Compiler and Integrated Performance primitives, so looking at obtaining trial versions of that would probably help you too]
« Last Edit: 20 Aug 2008, 03:23:18 pm by Jason G »

Offline Raistmer

• Working Code Wizard
  • Volunteer Developer
  • Knight who says 'Ni!'
Re: Astropulse source code?
« Reply #2 on: 20 Aug 2008, 05:03:56 pm »
just to simplify some of your steps:
SETI rep is :
https://setisvn.ssl.berkeley.edu/svn/seti_boinc (use this link inside TortoiseSVN program)
there is AstroPulse too, just go one level up in directory hierarchy.

TortoiseSVN site is http://tortoisesvn.net/

Better if you manage to get VS 2005 as we use this version but probably VS 2008 will go too.
« Last Edit: 20 Aug 2008, 05:21:28 pm by Raistmer »

Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.

Forgot your password?
Members
Total Members: 97
Latest: ToeBee
New This Month: 0
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 59559