+- +-
Say hello if visiting :) by Gecko
11 Jan 2023, 07:43:05 pm

Seti is down again by Mike
09 Aug 2017, 10:02:44 am

Some considerations regarding OpenCL MultiBeam app tuning from algorithm view by Raistmer
11 Dec 2016, 06:30:56 am

Loading APU to the limit: performance considerations by Mike
05 Nov 2016, 06:49:26 am

Better sleep on Windows - new round by Raistmer
26 Aug 2016, 02:02:31 pm

Author Topic: 32 bit Vista 2.4 or not?  (Read 9974 times)

chapellane69

32 bit Vista 2.4 or not?
« on: 17 Aug 2007, 05:43:51 pm »
I've converted my Vista cruncher to the standard application, because of the message in the "All Released Versions are Announced Here" thread, i.e.

Update: these apps are not fully Vista compatible! New apps will be uploaded shortly. Vista users please stay with either 64-bit 2.4 apps or the 2.2B 32-bit ones for now.

I see nothing in the thread which supersedes that.  Is that still correct?  (I didn't leave the 2.2B application installed, because I wanted to have a go at some multi-beam stuff, which I don't think I would have been able to with the old application.  Or perhaps I'm wrong on that?)

Neil

Offline Crunch3r

• Knight who says 'Ni!'
    • 64 bit boinc clients
Re: 32 bit Vista 2.4 or not?
« Reply #1 on: 17 Aug 2007, 06:00:49 pm »
I see nothing in the thread which supersedes that.  Is that still correct?  (I didn't leave the 2.2B application installed, because I wanted to have a go at some multi-beam stuff, which I don't think I would have been able to with the old application.  Or perhaps I'm wrong on that?)

Neil

Well....

as for now, there are no vista 32 bit compatible apps atm ... (we though it would work, cuz it did on our test runs) However it didn't.... (we can be wrong also ... don't blame us, we're humans too and do make mistakes!)

The 64 bit app is fully compatible with windows 64 bit(both vista and XP)...

Unfortunately it's not that easy to figure out what's going wrong but we do have an idea of what is causing the problem.

Unlike the developers over at berkeley we do have a real job that NOT includes spending our time on optimizing S@H... (Joe Segure, Simon and me .... WE CANNOT WORK 24/7 to make the app faster nor work better whatever, it'S after all a hobby).

We cannot spend the whole day working on those issues, so you have to have patience that we get that one going.
(Most development towards optimizing is done over the weekend..WE DO THAT IN OUR SPARE TIME ... FOR YOU!!!)
I assume that on this weekend, there will be new releases inculding Vista compatibility...
We will see.

Hope you understand our situation and that we don't have the time to work all day on optimization...

« Last Edit: 17 Aug 2007, 06:13:00 pm by Crunch3r »
I want to share something with you: The three little sentences that will get you through life. Number 1: Cover for me. Number 2: Oh, good idea, Boss! Number 3: It was like that when I got here.

Homer Simpson

Offline Josef W. Segur

• Janitor o' the Board
  • Knight who says 'Ni!'
Re: 32 bit Vista 2.4 or not?
« Reply #2 on: 17 Aug 2007, 09:58:28 pm »
(I didn't leave the 2.2B application installed, because I wanted to have a go at some multi-beam stuff, which I don't think I would have been able to with the old application.  Or perhaps I'm wrong on that?)

2.2B will produce correct results for multi-beam, there's no difference in the science done. The WU headers have all needed parameter changes.
                                                                     Joe

Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.

Forgot your password?
Members
Total Members: 97
Latest: ToeBee
New This Month: 0
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 59559