+- +-
Say hello if visiting :) by Gecko
11 Jan 2023, 07:43:05 pm

Seti is down again by Mike
09 Aug 2017, 10:02:44 am

Some considerations regarding OpenCL MultiBeam app tuning from algorithm view by Raistmer
11 Dec 2016, 06:30:56 am

Loading APU to the limit: performance considerations by Mike
05 Nov 2016, 06:49:26 am

Better sleep on Windows - new round by Raistmer
26 Aug 2016, 02:02:31 pm

Author Topic: Branching out  (Read 11515 times)

Aragon Speed

Branching out
« on: 05 May 2007, 02:52:20 pm »
Have you guys ever thought of branching out and optimising other boinc projects?
I was thinking that some of the other main projects would benefit from your expertise. (Rosetta springs to mind.)

Offline Josef W. Segur

• Janitor o' the Board
  • Knight who says 'Ni!'
Re: Branching out
« Reply #1 on: 05 May 2007, 08:19:45 pm »
No other project is open source, and IMO no other project is nearly as worthy.
                                                                                  Joe

Aragon Speed

« Reply #2 on: 05 May 2007, 11:39:33 pm »
No other project is open source

My bad. ::)

I assumed that all bionic projects were open source by definition. Ah well.

Offline Crunch3r

• Knight who says 'Ni!'
    • 64 bit boinc clients
« Reply #3 on: 06 May 2007, 02:38:43 am »
No other project is open source, and IMO no other project is nearly as worthy.
                                                                                  Joe

That's not quite true.

Nanohive@home is open source and Leiden Classical offers source too.  Also there is Roseta@home, you have to ask the rosetta administration to get the source.

Of course there's still the question of what is to be considered worthy...
I want to share something with you: The three little sentences that will get you through life. Number 1: Cover for me. Number 2: Oh, good idea, Boss! Number 3: It was like that when I got here.

Homer Simpson

Aragon Speed

« Reply #4 on: 06 May 2007, 02:59:50 am »
Well as Rosetta is trying to find cures for cancer, HIV and others, I think that might rank fairly high on the worthiness scale :D

Offline Crunch3r

• Knight who says 'Ni!'
    • 64 bit boinc clients
« Reply #5 on: 06 May 2007, 12:29:24 pm »
Well as Rosetta is trying to find cures for cancer, HIV and others, I think that might rank fairly high on the worthiness scale :D

Same as Simap, WCG proteins@home, predictor@home Folding@home etc... (and hundreds of the same kind before)
As to now nothing usefull found at all.  IMO i really don't need the hassle with rosetta@home at all, some other guys allready got the source (i think "who?" and someone from AMD). So let them figure out how to optimize it.

I want to share something with you: The three little sentences that will get you through life. Number 1: Cover for me. Number 2: Oh, good idea, Boss! Number 3: It was like that when I got here.

Homer Simpson

Aragon Speed

« Reply #6 on: 07 May 2007, 12:46:54 am »

Same as Simap, WCG proteins@home, predictor@home Folding@home etc... (and hundreds of the same kind before)
As to now nothing usefull found at all.  IMO i really don't need the hassle with rosetta@home at all, some other guys allready got the source (i think "who?" and someone from AMD). So let them figure out how to optimize it.

Sounds like a plan to me :)

Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.

Forgot your password?
Members
Total Members: 97
Latest: ToeBee
New This Month: 0
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 59559