+- +-
Say hello if visiting :) by Gecko
11 Jan 2023, 07:43:05 pm

Seti is down again by Mike
09 Aug 2017, 10:02:44 am

Some considerations regarding OpenCL MultiBeam app tuning from algorithm view by Raistmer
11 Dec 2016, 06:30:56 am

Loading APU to the limit: performance considerations by Mike
05 Nov 2016, 06:49:26 am

Better sleep on Windows - new round by Raistmer
26 Aug 2016, 02:02:31 pm

Poll

What's your opinion on installing Google Ads on this site to support SETI@Home?

Good idea, I'm all for it.
I don't mind one way or the other.
Bad idea, I'm against it.
I'd rather donate.

Author Topic: Google AdSense ads to support SETI@Home donations  (Read 42141 times)

johnjohngoose

Re: Google AdSense ads to support SETI@Home donations
« Reply #30 on: 02 Mar 2007, 11:59:04 pm »
yeah seriously, why not?
I mean, it's not like the money comes out of thin air. There ARE ads on practically every site. This one is definitely a non-profit organization to support a really good cause that I believe in so much that I actually own 5 computers that crunch Seti either full-time or while idle. Don't like them? Don't look! Frankly, I'd much rather click them and help the cause even further.

pepperammi

« Reply #31 on: 07 Mar 2007, 07:13:22 am »
I noticed on a forum I'm been following, Not sure if good Etiquette to post it but can PM the address if you haven't already seen it if you'd like?

Anyway seem part of their Google 'AdSense' is to have a Google web search bar and the last post in thread is maintained as a Google AdSense post. The forum I've seen it in doesn't have anything in the 'post' but just advertises the post as from Google AdSense - but that could be my adblocking. I'd set my adblocking to ignore and allow the ads on this site specifically to help the cause.

citroja

« Reply #32 on: 07 Mar 2007, 07:23:10 pm »
I noticed on a forum I'm been following, Not sure if good Etiquette to post it but can PM the address if you haven't already seen it if you'd like?

Anyway seem part of their Google 'AdSense' is to have a Google web search bar and the last post in thread is maintained as a Google AdSense post. The forum I've seen it in doesn't have anything in the 'post' but just advertises the post as from Google AdSense - but that could be my adblocking. I'd set my adblocking to ignore and allow the ads on this site specifically to help the cause.

I think that you are right about the search bar increasing revenue.  Infact, if i am on a site that has a search bar built in I tend to use that bar right from where I am instead of going to the google site.

-citroja

pepperammi

« Reply #33 on: 08 Mar 2007, 06:16:18 am »

I think that you are right about the search bar increasing revenue.  Infact, if i am on a site that has a search bar built in I tend to use that bar right from where I am instead of going to the google site.

-citroja
yea exactly. That and the last post in a thread is an adscene post.
Just pointing out some ways it's been done.

Ironheart

« Reply #34 on: 08 Mar 2007, 05:56:39 pm »
Make it So ...

Offline Simon

• Ni!
  • Knight who says 'Ni!'
    • Is it a bird? Is it a plane? No...its-the.net!
« Reply #35 on: 08 Mar 2007, 11:25:41 pm »
The ad agency I applied with needs a tax form from me, which has to be snail-mailed. It's still in transit, it seems.

As soon as this is taken care of, we will get underway.

HTH,
Simon.

RampageIII

« Reply #36 on: 26 Mar 2007, 01:43:57 pm »
A quick nudge to get an update  ;)

Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.

Forgot your password?
Members
Total Members: 97
Latest: ToeBee