Forum > Windows

optimized sources

(1/179) > >>

_heinz:
Hi Simon,

after studying the sources I found that in the client chirpfft.cpp is an object to have my attention.  I reduced the code in CalcTrigArray by using a extern function  FillTrigArray created by me and in TrigArrayInit.ptt I made some smart hints to compile. That should set up the speed. Next will be analyse.cpp
So I will go through all the other sources to find some things to make shorter and more effective, but it takes a little time to finish this.
who compiles the sources? Shold I do that ?
Or should i send the sources back to you Simon.
Till now I have not the complete environment at home to make a new client.
I have the Microsoft C Compiler Version 4.00 and the debugger Code View Version 1.0 to make some short progs to look if my new code is fine.
Sure I can download the all necessary new components to install a new environment, but it works still for a month. Its a little bit pitty. Or I must invest over 600 Dollers I think to get it for standy using.
have anybody a good idea what to do?
mfg seti_britta

Josef W. Segur:

--- Quote from: seti_britta on 05 Mar 2007, 08:42:45 pm ---Hi Simon,

after studying the sources I found that in the client chirpfft.cpp is an object to have my attention.  I reduced the code in CalcTrigArray by using a extern function  FillTrigArray created by me and in TrigArrayInit.ptt I made some smart hints to compile. That should set up the speed. Next will be analyse.cpp
So I will go through all the other sources to find some things to make shorter and more effective, but it takes a little time to finish this.
who compiles the sources? Shold I do that ?
Or should i send the sources back to you Simon.
Till now I have not the complete environment at home to make a new client.
I have the Microsoft C Compiler Version 4.00 and the debugger Code View Version 1.0 to make some short progs to look if my new code is fine.
Sure I can download the all necessary new components to install a new environment, but it works still for a month. Its a little bit pitty. Or I must invest over 600 Dollers I think to get it for standy using.
have anybody a good idea what to do?
mfg seti_britta
--- End quote ---

I've shifted this to the Windows side since that matches the compiler and what you are running.

What you might do is just attach your changed source files to a post here. I'm definitely interested, one of my hosts has a Pentium-MMX CPU so can't use the vectorized chirp functions. And if you've improved the TrigArray approach enough, it might turn out to be faster than those vectorized versions even on systems with SSE, etc.  Any further optimizations will also be welcome.

Simon has the full build system with Intel compiler and Intel Performance Primitives, but I've been doing test GCC builds for Windows with DevC++/MinGW (as Eric Korpela uses for the stock Windows applications). If your changes can be built this way I'll probably try.
                                                                                 Joe

BenHer:
Britta,

Regarding your other questions.

1. Final releases are complied with Intel's C++ Compiler v9.x.  There is a free version of this for Linux and the Windows version is available for a 30 day demo install.

2. Making your changes compile with Microsoft 2003 or 2005 C++ should almost allways work with the Intel compiler.

3. We (the programmers) usually make a change, compile a candidate executable with that change, and then test it by crunching one of 7 available test work units.  These WUs are modified to make them run in about 1/15th the normal run time of a regular WU, but tests all parts of the seti code.

4. Once the test is complete (we also time the test and compare the time to the latest release) we verify that it produced the correct output file (result) by using rescmp, a result comparison utility.  If that works (and the time is faster) we then post the changed source file(s) along with the new executable in a posting to one of these threads for the rest of the development/testing group to try out and validate.

_heinz:
Joe,
I´m  working now on analyzeFuncs.ccp. The important part chirpfft.cpp is now done.  Feel free to give some hints and comments.  Don´t use to compile it alone, some variables are defined outside of it.  All modifications are marked with "seti_britta:", so you can easy find it by searching.
seti_britta

[attachment deleted by admin]

Crunch3r:

--- Quote from: seti_britta on 15 Mar 2007, 10:06:28 pm ---Joe,
I´m  working now on analyzeFuncs.ccp. The important part chirpfft.cpp is now done.  Feel free to give some hints and comments.  Don´t use to compile it alone, some variables are defined outside of it.  All modifications are marked with "seti_britta:", so you can easy find it by searching.
seti_britta

--- End quote ---

Hello Seti_britta,

I assume as i've seen that you joined Seti.Germany that i can write thise one in german.... (if i'm wrong please correct me ;-)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

ok... die (log etc. ) funktionen etc. sollten mit denen aus der intel ICC/IPP oder der MKL umgesetzt werden.
(log mit libimf bzw.  mathimf.h)

Wir haben haben dafür die notwendigen Lizenzen ... (zum testen gib's die auch als 30 tage demo von intel)

Was mich Persöhnlich interessieren würde, wäre eine umsetzung des powerspectrum und der transpose functions via Intel MKL...  bzw. Powerspectrum viia Intel IPP.

Kannst du das realisieren ?

P.S. bist du mit linux vertraut oder nur windows ???

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version