Forum > Discussion Forum

Vanishing post Test thread

(1/9) > >>

Josef W. Segur:
The recent switch to a new server has caused problems with new posts not showing any of the text posted. It is not at all clear what may be wrong, but going back and retrying seems to help.

I've started this thread where all members can post in the hope that someone will be able to pin down what's happening.
                                                            Joe

Josef W. Segur:
When I started this thread, the first attempt failed in a possibly interesting way. I had entered the text I wanted (and copied it to Windows clipboard). But then I did a Preview rather than going directly to Post. The Preview did show the text, but when I then did the Post, it had no text.

I just went all the way back to creating a new thread, re-entered the same Topic, pasted the text from clipboard, and hit Post. That worked, but actually created a separate thread from the first try. I removed the first try.
                                                        Joe

Josef W. Segur:
My Reply #1 worked on the first attempt. It was started using the "Reply with quote" button, FWIW, and I used Post without a preceding Preview.
                                                          Joe

Josef W. Segur:
Guessing the problem may be a random failure affecting ~half of posts, I'm going to attempt to post this text ten times.
                                                         Joe

Josef W. Segur:
Guessing the problem may be a random failure affecting ~half of posts, I'm going to attempt to post this text ten times.
                                                         Joe

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version