+- +-
Say hello if visiting :) by Gecko
11 Jan 2023, 07:43:05 pm

Seti is down again by Mike
09 Aug 2017, 10:02:44 am

Some considerations regarding OpenCL MultiBeam app tuning from algorithm view by Raistmer
11 Dec 2016, 06:30:56 am

Loading APU to the limit: performance considerations by Mike
05 Nov 2016, 06:49:26 am

Better sleep on Windows - new round by Raistmer
26 Aug 2016, 02:02:31 pm

Author Topic: Optimized on FC6  (Read 8646 times)

Usul

Optimized on FC6
« on: 23 Jan 2007, 10:50:54 am »
Hi guys !

has somebody succeeded having it run on FC6 ? I see some interesting threads on it... I keep getting "compiler cannot create executables" messages...
I know FC6 may not be the best distro, but that's what I have...

usul

Offline michael37

• Knight o' The Round Table
Re: Optimized on FC6
« Reply #1 on: 23 Jan 2007, 02:03:36 pm »
Do you mean the gcc compiler or intel compiler?  I briefly tried intel compiler on fc6 and it works pretty much the same as on other distros.  I imagine the new gcc with all new libraries can be more of a challenge.

On a side note, I added compatibility libraries and legacy development package set when I installed my fc6, so I tend to have fewer problems with incompatible compilers / libraries.

BenHer

« Reply #2 on: 23 Jan 2007, 02:59:08 pm »
Tell me of the waters of your homeworld...usul

Usul

« Reply #3 on: 23 Jan 2007, 04:15:27 pm »
Well,
I tried with the intel compiler, works fine for the dirty and short code lines I'm able to write... but fails on our app (boinc part), config log says :
IPO link: can not find -lippsmerged
icc: error: problem during multi-file optimization compilation (code 1)
configure:2596: $? = 1
configure: failed program was:
| /* confdefs.h.  */
|
| #define PACKAGE_NAME "BOINC"
| #define PACKAGE_TARNAME "boinc"
| #define PACKAGE_VERSION "5.5.0"
| #define PACKAGE_STRING "BOINC 5.5.0"
| #define PACKAGE_BUGREPORT ""
| #define PACKAGE "boinc"
| #define VERSION "5.5.0"
| /* end confdefs.h.  */

A beginning is a very delicate time... :o

ajs

« Reply #4 on: 23 Jan 2007, 04:51:04 pm »
fails on our app (boinc part), config log says :

Thats the same as I was getting on when I tried on fc6.
It seems I'm not smart enough to download the full free IPP package even though I'm sure I followed the walkthru   ;)
I tried several times but couldn't seem to get IPP with the ippsmerge* libs so had to throw in the towel and admit defeat  ???

Offline michael37

• Knight o' The Round Table
« Reply #5 on: 23 Jan 2007, 11:50:05 pm »
Well,
I tried with the intel compiler, works fine for the dirty and short code lines I'm able to write... but fails on our app (boinc part), config log says :
configure:2596: $? = 1
configure: failed program was:
| /* confdefs.h.  */
|
| #define PACKAGE_NAME "BOINC"
| #define PACKAGE_TARNAME "boinc"
| #define PACKAGE_VERSION "5.5.0"
| #define PACKAGE_STRING "BOINC 5.5.0"
| #define PACKAGE_BUGREPORT ""
| #define PACKAGE "boinc"
| #define VERSION "5.5.0"
| /* end confdefs.h.  */

A beginning is a very delicate time... :o

If I remember correctly, ippmerged libraries needs to be installed manually.  It's in the IPP RPMs that Intel supplies.  Read other posts on this board for hints how to get 'em out.  I've had this problem on other distros (ubuntu?), so I guess it's quite common.

BenHer

« Reply #6 on: 24 Jan 2007, 12:20:40 pm »
What!!!  :o   Intel hiding something....no...never!!!

Offline Simon

• Ni!
  • Knight who says 'Ni!'
    • Is it a bird? Is it a plane? No...its-the.net!
« Reply #7 on: 09 Feb 2007, 03:56:08 pm »
Check the Linux-How To for hints on how to manually install the libs.

Also, you'll have to set up your build environment to use those libs - if you specify -lippsmerged, unless you have the directory it's in in your LD_LIBRARY_PATH, you need to put "-L/path/to/library -lippsmerged" instead, then it'll find it and go on. Repeat this process for all libs it croaks on.

HTH,
Simon.

Dominic Jackson

« Reply #8 on: 11 Feb 2007, 06:40:43 pm »
Just to say I'm having exactly the same problem using PCLinuxOS 2007 RC1:

configure:2593: icc -no-sox -O3 -pc64 -xW -axW -fp-model fast -no-prec-div -no-p
rec-sqrt -ipo4 -I/opt/intel/cc/9.0/include -I/opt/intel/ipp/5.0/ia32/include -I/
opt/intel/ipp/5.0/ia32/tools/staticlib  -L/opt/intel/cc/9.0/lib -L/opt/intel/ipp
/5.0/ia32/lib -limf -lippsmerged -lippvmmerged -lippchmerged -lippcore -lsvml -i
-static conftest.c  >&5

I've tried looking in both the downloaded Intel tarballs but I can't find the ippmerged libraries.  I'm afraid the hint about looking elsewhere on this board, and in the Linux HowTo hasn't helped me either as the best I can find is reports of the same problem but no apparent solution!

I found some ICC libraries in /opt/intel/ipp/5.1/ia32, /opt/intel/ipp/5.1/ia32/sharedlib/, /opt/intel/ipp/5.1/ia32/lib/ and also /opt/intel/ipp/5.1/ia32/include and tried setting an LD_CONFIG_PATH variable to point the system to these but no joy - the compile fails at exactly the same place.

Possibly related is that I can't install the Intel debugger, as the RPM seems to depend on libXft.so.1 - even though I created a symlink in /usr/lib to libXft.so.2.1.2 and did an ldconfig, it still fails.

Please can anyone suggest how to overcome this?

Thank you,

Dominic

nastasache

« Reply #9 on: 25 Feb 2007, 05:28:15 am »
Just to say I'm having exactly the same problem using PCLinuxOS 2007 RC1:

configure:2593: icc -no-sox -O3 -pc64 -xW -axW -fp-model fast -no-prec-div -no-p
rec-sqrt -ipo4 -I/opt/intel/cc/9.0/include -I/opt/intel/ipp/5.0/ia32/include -I/
opt/intel/ipp/5.0/ia32/tools/staticlib  -L/opt/intel/cc/9.0/lib -L/opt/intel/ipp
/5.0/ia32/lib -limf -lippsmerged -lippvmmerged -lippchmerged -lippcore -lsvml -i
-static conftest.c  >&5

I've tried looking in both the downloaded Intel tarballs but I can't find the ippmerged libraries.  I'm afraid the hint about looking elsewhere on this board, and in the Linux HowTo hasn't helped me either as the best I can find is reports of the same problem but no apparent solution!

I found some ICC libraries in /opt/intel/ipp/5.1/ia32, /opt/intel/ipp/5.1/ia32/sharedlib/, /opt/intel/ipp/5.1/ia32/lib/ and also /opt/intel/ipp/5.1/ia32/include and tried setting an LD_CONFIG_PATH variable to point the system to these but no joy - the compile fails at exactly the same place.

Possibly related is that I can't install the Intel debugger, as the RPM seems to depend on libXft.so.1 - even though I created a symlink in /usr/lib to libXft.so.2.1.2 and did an ldconfig, it still fails.

Please can anyone suggest how to overcome this?

Thank you,

Dominic

Use non-comercial license instead of eval.

If don't know how to do this: check both 1. Is your use of software products for personal non-commercial purposes? and 2. You can submit product [...] when you join for product at Intel and click Register not Get Eval directly, to got the correct s.n.

Reason: the first issue i found with eval license is small size of second ipp rpm (about 10K instead of  40M, aparently as bad decompression). As result,  many libraries is missing from ipp. Using non-com license fix that.

Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.

Forgot your password?
Members
Total Members: 97
Latest: ToeBee
New This Month: 0
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 59559
Total Topics: 1672