Forum > Windows

Installer v0.43 release notes

<< < (2/2)

msattler:

--- Quote from: arkayn on 13 Oct 2014, 02:01:25 pm ---I downloaded both of them and they are both applications.

--- End quote ---
OK....upon further reflection, I know how it happened.  I had downloaded the release candidate for a look-see, which was a zip file that then got unzipped into the folder with the file inside.
When I downloaded the actual release, it asked if I wanted to replace the existing file, which I did.  It was, of course, still contained in the folder set up by 7zip.
So, no problems there.
Thanks for yanking my memory, arkayn.

msattler:
I did just notice something else.
When running the installer, on the CPU option page, for the AP v7 app, SSE3 is the default (at least on my rigs).
However, I was just looking at the task list on a couple of my rigs and the CPU AP tasks are tagged sse2.
Am I missing something here?
I did not manually select anything on the page, just clicked through it leaving the default selections.

EDIT...
Those two rigs were 64bit.  I just checked one of the 32bit rigs, and the tasks are only marked sse.

Josef W. Segur:

--- Quote from: msattler on 19 Oct 2014, 05:27:33 pm ---I did just notice something else.
When running the installer, on the CPU option page, for the AP v7 app, SSE3 is the default (at least on my rigs).
However, I was just looking at the task list on a couple of my rigs and the CPU AP tasks are tagged sse2.
Am I missing something here?
I did not manually select anything on the page, just clicked through it leaving the default selections.

EDIT...
Those two rigs were 64bit.  I just checked one of the 32bit rigs, and the tasks are only marked sse.
--- End quote ---

The project has 3 Windows CPU app versions. The generic one has no plan_class name, the 32 bit SIMD version has plan_class sse, and the 64 bit SIMD version has plan_class sse2. The Lunatics installer uses the same names so when converting from stock tasks won't be trashed. On BOINC manager's Tasks tab those plan_class names are shown in parentheses.

Server-side, the task list shows which app version the Scheduler expected the host to use, any sse or sse2 you see there are tasks which were sent before you did the Lunatics install. Tasks sent since will simply be "AstroPulse v7 Anonymous platform (CPU)".
                                                      Joe

msattler:
Thank you so much for the explanation, Joe.
I did finally catch one of those tasks running, and saw that it WAS being processed with the SSE3 app, so the installer worked correctly.  It just puzzled me why they were marked otherwise.  Appreciate the help very much.
And again, no problem with the installer.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version