+- +-
Say hello if visiting :) by Gecko
11 Jan 2023, 07:43:05 pm

Seti is down again by Mike
09 Aug 2017, 10:02:44 am

Some considerations regarding OpenCL MultiBeam app tuning from algorithm view by Raistmer
11 Dec 2016, 06:30:56 am

Loading APU to the limit: performance considerations by Mike
05 Nov 2016, 06:49:26 am

Better sleep on Windows - new round by Raistmer
26 Aug 2016, 02:02:31 pm

Author Topic: OSX Multibeam OpenCL question  (Read 35294 times)

Offline Urs Echternacht

• Volunteer Developer
  • Knight who says 'Ni!'
  • ++
Re: OSX Multibeam OpenCL question
« Reply #60 on: 30 Nov 2014, 09:30:11 pm »
All three builds are working correctly based on my tests. I have submitted the binaries to Eric Korpela. If you are curious, and want to play with the builds before he posts them, you can find them here: https://www.dropbox.com/s/hlh9m3z1cl6nlbl/seti%40home.zip?dl=0
Only version of these three i could try is the ATI HD5xxx. First thing i got was an error after the kernels were build successful. All needed info for analysis inside attached package. Guess you did not have ML and Lion in mind when building this app.
_\|/_
U r s

Offline Joe Fox

• Volunteer Developer
  • Knight o' The Realm
« Reply #61 on: 01 Dec 2014, 11:35:59 am »
Hi Urs, thanks for the debug info. I'll analyze and make adjustments.

Offline Urs Echternacht

• Volunteer Developer
  • Knight who says 'Ni!'
  • ++
« Reply #62 on: 01 Dec 2014, 06:04:46 pm »
@JoeFox : TBar has tested also in the meantime and he couldn't run your ati app either. Neither on Yosemite or ML. (EDIT: retest with correct commandline call was successful on Yosemite.)

Awaiting your adjusted builds. If you need more help, some other tests, just ask.
« Last Edit: 03 Dec 2014, 05:16:38 pm by Urs Echternacht »
_\|/_
U r s

Offline Joe Fox

• Volunteer Developer
  • Knight o' The Realm
« Reply #63 on: 12 Dec 2014, 04:21:00 pm »
Hi Urs,

Attached are updated builds. The ATI one is now running correctly on an old macbook pro that I found which exhibited the crash you saw.

Thanks
-Joe

Offline Urs Echternacht

• Volunteer Developer
  • Knight who says 'Ni!'
  • ++
« Reply #64 on: 13 Dec 2014, 05:32:29 pm »
Hi Urs,

Attached are updated builds. The ATI one is now running correctly on an old macbook pro that I found which exhibited the crash you saw.

Thanks
-Joe
Joe, the second app version of your seti_boinc-hd5xxx fails similarly to the first one on my Mac mini 5.2 (mid 2011 with discrete ATI Radeon HD 6630M onboard) with ML. Again i have attached the debug output and additional a comparison of your weak bound symbols and lazy bound symbols to one of my latest trys to build this app for the Mac. Mine is missing some signals, but has acceptable performance, while yours works correct but inaccepatble slow on Mavericks and Yosemite. If you check the comparison (done with OS X tool dyldinfo) you will find that weak and lazy symbols are somehow switched in the two builds. Also it still shows that your build is using "__DATA  __la_symbol_ptr  0x1002DB0F8 0x00DF libSystem        ___sincos_stret", which apparently is not present before OS X 10.9 (Mavericks). This makes it impossible to run your app on older OS X versions (10.7.4 (Lion) and 10.8.5 (Mountain Lion)).
_\|/_
U r s

Offline Joe Fox

• Volunteer Developer
  • Knight o' The Realm
« Reply #65 on: 15 Dec 2014, 03:13:58 pm »
Hi Urs,

Thanks for the debug info. I changed the targetted SDK to 10.7, which should have removed the reference to sincos_stret, which is an optimization introduced in the compiler for builds targetted at 10.9 and up. I'm not sure how that symbol is still present, but will track down the cause and attach another update once I have verified that it is no longer being introduced.

Thanks.
-Joe

Offline Raistmer

• Working Code Wizard
  • Volunteer Developer
  • Knight who says 'Ni!'
« Reply #66 on: 24 Feb 2015, 07:55:52 am »
Is it possible to get all required changes into build scripts for OS X for committing back to Berkeley's repository?

Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.

Forgot your password?
Members
Total Members: 97
Latest: ToeBee
New This Month: 0
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 59559
Total Topics: 1672