+- +-
Say hello if visiting :) by Gecko
11 Jan 2023, 07:43:05 pm

Seti is down again by Mike
09 Aug 2017, 10:02:44 am

Some considerations regarding OpenCL MultiBeam app tuning from algorithm view by Raistmer
11 Dec 2016, 06:30:56 am

Loading APU to the limit: performance considerations by Mike
05 Nov 2016, 06:49:26 am

Better sleep on Windows - new round by Raistmer
26 Aug 2016, 02:02:31 pm

Author Topic: Reverting to Seti Stock apps  (Read 9372 times)

Offline Geek@Play

• Alpha Tester
  • Knight Templar
Reverting to Seti Stock apps
« on: 12 Dec 2013, 11:20:17 am »
I want to get a better idea how the stock SETI apps are working compared to the Lunatics version 41 installation.  I ran the uninstall programn which was successful.  I then edited the <count> sections to 0.5 in the app_info  to get two cuda apps running again.  Now I am wondering....the app_info file is still in place after removing lunatics version 41.  Does not the existance of the app_info file indicate to Boinc and Seti that the annonomous platform is still being used and not stock Seti apps?
Boinc....Boinc....Boinc....Boinc

Offline arkayn

• Janitor o' the Board
  • Knight who says 'Ni!'
  • Aaaarrrrgggghhhh
    • My Little Place On The Internet
Re: Reverting to Seti Stock apps
« Reply #1 on: 12 Dec 2013, 11:29:11 am »
You have to delete the app_info to get the stock apps, you can use the app_config to change the GPU processing numbers as long as you have BOINC 7.0.40 or newer installed.

Offline Geek@Play

• Alpha Tester
  • Knight Templar
« Reply #2 on: 12 Dec 2013, 11:55:07 am »
will removing the app_info trash all the work I have on board the computer?
Boinc....Boinc....Boinc....Boinc

Offline Claggy

• Alpha Tester
  • Knight who says 'Ni!'
    • My computers at Seti Beta
« Reply #3 on: 12 Dec 2013, 01:49:58 pm »
will removing the app_info trash all the work I have on board the computer?
Removing the app_info will mean any uncompleted work is lost, so report any completed work first,
on the next scheduler contact after restarting Boinc (after removing the app_info) the scheduler will start resending the lost work to the fastest device (really the fastest app_version(s), ie GPU apps),
the exception is it will expire any VLARs as it can't send them to the GPU(s) app, so try and complete and report any VLARs before switching,

There is a trick to switching, if you copy all your workunit data files to a safe place  (~366Kb for MB, 8Mb for AP), set NNT, remove the app_info, restart Boinc, wait a moment,
restore the workunit data files to the project directory, unset NNT, Boinc will ask for work and when it gets resent it will skip downloading the files as they are already in the project directory,
as soon as the scheduler request is complete, you may do another scheduler request (no need to wait 5 minutes), the scheduler will resend another 20 tasks.

Claggy

Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.

Forgot your password?
Members
Total Members: 97
Latest: ToeBee
New This Month: 0
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 59559