Forum > Optimized Applications Release News

Windows installer v0.40

(1/4) > >>

William:
Updated Installers, v0.40 for Windows
Available now in the Downloads section[/url]

Changes since last release (v0.39) are:

-Update of all Astropulse applications to support AP 6.01

Please see this thread for full release notes. READ THEM before you install.

Use at your own risk - 'your mileage may vary'

While we take great care to find issues while alpha and beta testing, our testing systems comprise only a limited sample of what is out there and can't account for Murphy's Law.

Pizzadude:
Since upgrading to from 0.39 to 0.40 I am getting loads of Cuda 6.09 downloading where as before i was getting Cuda 6.10.  Is this just a coincidence or something starting to fester on my setup ??

Richard Haselgrove:

--- Quote from: Pizzadude on 28 Mar 2012, 04:08:37 pm ---Since upgrading to from 0.39 to 0.40 I am getting loads of Cuda 6.09 downloading where as before i was getting Cuda 6.10.  Is this just a coincidence or something starting to fester on my setup ??

--- End quote ---

Shouldn't be anything on your setup. Did you use the 32-bit of the 64-bit installer - I'll check them (well, the one you used :P)

Could you post your HostID number, or a link to your host at SETI, so I can check there too, please?

Pizzadude:
It was the 64bit option that I selected.

http://setiathome.berkeley.edu/results.php?hostid=5405224

Thanks for your help.

Richard Haselgrove:

--- Quote from: Pizzadude on 29 Mar 2012, 02:09:51 am ---It was the 64bit option that I selected.

http://setiathome.berkeley.edu/results.php?hostid=5405224

Thanks for your help.

--- End quote ---

Well, first the good news. That host is returning good work, which is validating properly, using the correct application - by that, I mean it will already be using the applications from this installer, even though it's still working through old tasks issued before you used the new installer.

I can't see anything that would explain the Cuda 6.09 - in fact, I was more surprised to see how many tasks were being assigned to the CPU, even for a 12-core i7. It takes a lot of searching to find the Cuda stuff in those 2695 tasks. When you see 'Cuda 6.09', what words do you see, exactly? (cuda), (cuda23), (cuda_fermi) - or something different?

It might be helpful if you could zip up the app_info.xml that the installer has made in your project directory and attach it here. Do it as a zip (or 7z), please, rather than pasting the text, so we can see the exact internal structure.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version