Forum > Alternate Hardware platforms

FreeBSD x86_64 optimized Multibeam App

(1/2) > >>

zvonas:
Hi,

is there any optimized multibeam App for 64bit FreeBSD, except from Lars' ones (dotsch)? I mean based on Alex Kan's sources. I have searched here and googled as well with no result. When there's no work for Atropulse, my servers are idle and not crunching. I don't like cold CPUs on my machines ;D Thankx ;)

sunu:
I don't think there is. Maybe Crunch3r had one in his old site. Contact him in his new one http://www.mpits.net/

Probably you could run the existing linux one in linux compatibility mode. I have read about running linux cuda apps in freebsd's linux compatibility mode. So why not pure cpu apps?

zvonas:
Thanx for reply. As you write - why not use pure CPU apps? I am bit conservative and don't prefer emulators etc., so pure FreeBSD app would make me happy. I will try to contact Cruncher. However Urs' App would be nicer... ::) ;)

sunu:
I meant that if linux cuda (GPU) apps can run in linux compatibility mode, pure cpu apps should be much easier to run.

Some time ago Urs has made his own recompilation of AKv8. He said that it was slower than Crunch3r's one.

Urs Echternacht:
Sadly my own MB build (linux, OSX) has not reached a state where it can/should be ported to more platforms. Have to figure out how to solve this.

zvonas, if there is something that works good enough, you will be one of the first to know.  ;)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version