Forum > Discussion Forum

Crunch3r speaks!

(1/2) > >>

Simon:
Hiya, in case you hadn't noticed, after a bit of absence from the S@H boards, Crunch3r just posted in the "Are there any sites offering optimized applications" thread over on the Seti@Home forums.

So - now I know that MKL isn't really needed, and license costs will be less. Good things do happen :) He also gave me some nice hints which should help in future efforts.

Go show him your appreciation of his work, if you can :)

Regards,
Simon.

Fivestar Crashtest:
Well, that thread just gets more interesting all the time.  That was quite a revelation that SETI.Usa developed an app only for their teammates.  That's kind of brilliant, from a competitive standpoint.  Simon could have kept his app just for KWSN.  Chicken  good, indeed! ;D

Simon:
I only compete on an intellectual basis ;D Sar(ge)casm intended.

Sure, I could have. That would have gone against the GPL, though...I'm sure they will in time realize their usage is not okay. They have released neither sources nor are making their product publicly available. Let the flame wars begin...
<edit>The GPL does allow their kind of usage model, actually. Mea culpa.</edit>

I don't believe in shutting people out. SETI.USA has shown over and over again that they're a bunch of GWB impersonators. Bullies, most of them. See the first line.

So after seeing they managed to cram their team name into the header 4 times, I decided to add a link to this page and the KWSN homepage, as well.

Things are looking up on the Windows front as well. Performance is great, now all that's missing is a license. See this post.

So, things are moving forward :)
Simon.

Fivestar Crashtest:
Simon, tell me where to PayPal the money and you will have the rest for your Windows compiler. 

Fivestar Crashtest:
Ok, I see in the shrubberies thread, never mind.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version